ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Hysterics

These guys no longer have a platform. All the money these guys generated was through the men's program that they no longer have accessibility too. These guys have been relegated to Two Guys with a Microphone, they're no different than the dozen other wannabes who talk IU basketball.

They had Scott Dolson on the pod after this meeting took place.

They're still going to have access to Indiana sports.

Actually no, that not correct. Fan Fest for the.men's and women's basketball teams was August 19.

Apologies, they were to take part in autographs and pictures.

That's fine, they aren't going to survive long term without access to the men's program.

And I'm guessing after yesterday's charade Dolson is going to take a long hard look at that accessibility.

They've had numerous old time players as well as football players, women players and national recruiting guys on their pod.

Me thinks they'll be okay for a while.

They've had numerous old time players as well as football players, women players and national recruiting guys on their pod.

Guessing most of the old time players aren't too fond of what happened yesterday and national recruiting guys interest will wane as they no longer have direct access.

Maybe, but it's going to be hard for them to maintain interest over the long haul without IU Men's bball guests/topics, etc...

Guessing most of the old time players aren't too fond of what happened yesterday and national recruiting guys interest will wane as they no longer have direct access.

I would think old time players wouldn't be to happy for thr head coach of IU taking away a chance for current players to make money either, I'd they cared about IU and the players here.

Reactions: ulrey
I would think old time players wouldn't be to happy for thr head coach of IU taking away a chance for current players to make money either, I'd they cared about IU and the players here.
I think their feelings are probably all over the board and I imagine more than a few are butt hurt over not getting NIL when they played. I think one of the biggest issues for CMW was that they had Brian Evans on and he said some derogatory things about Woody. If there's truth to what Eric described, there's even more concerns, but the fact that things ended badly with these 2 knuckleheads isn't surprising in the least. I'd say for boosters who want to contribute to NIL, just make sure you're going through one of those set up by the University like Hoosiers for Good.

Reactions: YOTHN and Vern Pain
I think their feelings are probably all over the board and I imagine more than a few are butt hurt over not getting NIL when they played. I think one of the biggest issues for CMW was that they had Brian Evans on and he said some derogatory things about Woody. If there's truth to what Eric described, there's even more concerns, but the fact that things ended badly with these 2 knuckleheads isn't surprising in the least. I'd say for boosters who want to contribute to NIL, just make sure you're going through one of those set up by the University like Hoosiers for Good.

I've got no issue with Woody cutting these guys off, at all.

What I have a problem with is that Woody is basically cutting off a income stream for his players because they had someone on their podcast that didn't kiss Woody's ring. If true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, it makes Woody look small.

I said this already, but Woody would have more then half this board banned because they don't have his back 100% no matter what.

I've got no issue with Woody cutting these guys off, at all.

What I have a problem with is that Woody is basically cutting off a income stream for his players because they had someone on their podcast that didn't kiss Woody's ring. If true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, it makes Woody look small.

I said this already, but Woody would have more then half this board banned because they don't have his back 100% no matter what.
When I heard they had started a collective, I said the University needs to set standards and basically "authorize" or it would end badly. I'm not surprised at all at what happened yesterday and glad it just wasn't worse.

Not a fan of the Hysterics, although I have enjoyed their interviews. The whole NIL thing has greatly diminished the product of colege basketball. Woodson is going to hang on by a thread for a little bit due to the fact he was able to land some talent thanks in large part to financial considerations. Anybody really think he would of landed Ballo, Rice and Carlyle without nil being a piece of the puzzle. Personally I will be surprised if IU finishes top 3 or 4 in the Big Ten and end up a top 4/5 seed come tourney time. Ultimately if I were advising or the parents of Sisley or Mullins, IU would not be in the mix. Other programs on a whole different level than iu.

Not a fan of the Hysterics, although I have enjoyed their interviews. The whole NIL thing has greatly diminished the product of colege basketball. Woodson is going to hang on by a thread for a little bit due to the fact he was able to land some talent thanks in large part to financial considerations. Anybody really think he would of landed Ballo, Rice and Carlyle without nil being a piece of the puzzle. Personally I will be surprised if IU finishes top 3 or 4 in the Big Ten and end up a top 4/5 seed come tourney time. Ultimately if I were advising or the parents of Sisley or Mullins, IU would not be in the mix. Other programs on a whole different level than iu.
How is this any different than Self, K, Calipari, etc landing players by paying them under the table before all this became legal? UCLA won 9 tournaments in 10 years back in the 60's-70's by paying for the best talent. It's a level playing field now. I don't understand this argument at all? Good players want to go to programs who pay the most? Shocking revelation.

Last edited:
They had Scott Dolson on the pod after this meeting took place.

They're still going to have access to Indiana sports.
Dolson was on, but they hadn't dropped this episode yet. They went scorched earth with this one. I'm assuming there was some chain of events like:
  1. Meeting with Woodson
  2. 3-4 weeks of trying to repair the damage, including time with Dolson
  3. Realizing they weren't getting back in with Woodson
  4. Scorched Earth pod developed and dropped to save face/get a little revenge
It's not a good look for either side and hurts the IU MBB brand since it stirs up so much shit about Woodson that has nothing to do with what's important - Winning.

Thats true. Wouldn’t be surprising if they omitted some things. What they did decide to describe I do tend to believe — it’s consistent for Woody.

They said way way too much on this podcast — another example of why having them around the program was a bad thing. Good riddance.
Having them around the program?

Don’t you mean having them as one of the team owners? They own the program, or at least part of it.
Putting this tweet to the side for a moment, and strictly talking the structure of the collective: One would think IU did legal, tax, and financial controls diligence on the HH collective before partnering with them on NIL deals and events. One would also hope IU requires financial reporting from them. This needs to be done to protect IU athletes with HH NIL deals, fans that donate, and the university's reputation. I would guess IU did this, it's very basic stuff given the amount of money involved. If they didn't do this it would be very risky.

And yes, the above would have to include an assessment of the two guys who run it, and they're very concerning.

I don't like HH at all, but hopefully nothing else bad comes up and IU fully cuts them off and replaces them with professional and likeable people for fan donations and events.
yeah, it’s the cost of doing business, and turning a blind eye to $$$.

Any criticism of these 2 and the way they go about things makes IU look far worse than them.

I will tell you how it is different, those guys won.
The guys who routinely get the best players win more times than not? Again, shocking revelation. If Mike Woodson continues to get the best players every year, he's going to win a lot too. I will assure you that none of those guys were winning with the level of back court this IU team had last year.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Hearing only one side of a story makes it impossible to separate fact from fiction. However, whatever was said and whatever went down in the alleged meeting between HH, Woodson, and Dolson can only bolster what IU basketball fans already know based on facts. What facts? IU lost 10 of 14 games last year and there were many negative comments made about the Coach and the team. On Senior Night, Woodson commented on some fans not being "True Fans", and he vehemently claimed he is the coach at IU. Media coverage of IU Fan Fest and other events highlight young IU fans having the time of their lives meeting, greeting, and getting autographs from players.

The facts indicate to me that whatever this incident is/was, it certainly is more negative PR regarding the current state of the basketball program at IU. This is the exact opposite of what IU fans (true fans and others) need to bolster hope for a turnaround this season. I can't wait for this season to unfold and hopefully winning will allow some wounds to heal. Otherwise, the IU basketball program may be set back in ways we haven't seen since Coach Knight was fired; things could get very, very ugly.

Ultimately you believe Woodson will get talent and win, or maybe you are saying if he gets talent he will win. Either way, I am not confident in either. Maybe he just doesn't convey his basketball acumen very well. I enjoy listening to interviews and press conferences. Listened to Sean Miller last night on a fox sports channel. Certain guys, like Matt Painter, come across as very impressive when discussing their team, their philosophy or general thoughts on the game of college basketball and where it is. Woodson does not. I am not sure I have ever heard him say anything that would be of value to me if I was still coaching. I also haven't seen anything on either side of the ball that gets me excited. Some of his sets have nice wrinkles, but where has IU hung its hat from a basketball standpoint? What do they do well?

Ultimately you believe Woodson will get talent and win, or maybe you are saying if he gets talent he will win. Either way, I am not confident in either. Maybe he just doesn't convey his basketball acumen very well. I enjoy listening to interviews and press conferences. Listened to Sean Miller last night on a fox sports channel. Certain guys, like Matt Painter, come across as very impressive when discussing their team, their philosophy or general thoughts on the game of college basketball and where it is. Woodson does not. I am not sure I have ever heard him say anything that would be of value to me if I was still coaching. I also haven't seen anything on either side of the ball that gets me excited. Some of his sets have nice wrinkles, but where has IU hung its hat from a basketball standpoint? What do they do well?
This is without a doubt not only the most talented, but deepest roster he's had to date at Indiana. Do I think Mike Woodson is some master tactician? No and I don't think he needs to be either. But it's still about Jimmies and Joes at this level. You either have dudes or you don't. Dan Hurley didn't win a single tournament game through his first 4 years at UConn. He's since won 12 straight and back to back national titles. He's also had about 4-5 NBA-level talents on each of those teams. It's basketball, not rocket science. Get the best dudes possible and you'll always be in a position to win.

• Haha
I’m driving so can’t find the link. But the hilarious thing is wards little bitch ass said almost verbatim what you just wrote about Woody being a spoiled little kid.

these two actually think they are helping the program and doing good deeds. Total asshats. Really hoped they get banned.
I couldn’t care less about the Hysteric guys.

Woodson’s apparent total disrespect for his boss Dolson, pisses me off. I don’t see how the Athletic Department can function.

Of course if Woodson wins big, he can act like BK did. Only problem is he thinks he’s BK right now and he hasn’t done sh!t.

Reactions: Al Bino and ulrey
I couldn’t care less about the Hysteric guys.

Woodson’s apparent total disrespect for his boss Dolson, pisses me off. I don’t see how the Athletic Department can function.

Of course if Woodson wins big, he can act like BK did. Only problem is he thinks he’s BK right now and he hasn’t done sh!t.

Don’t get me wrong it makes Woodson look awful and Dolson just completely worthless.

Woodson has to win big this year or its curtains. This fan base will eat him alive if they aren’t competing for a B1G championship and a second weekend team. Zero excuses now.

People with big egos need to back it up. He has the chance to do that!

Reactions: stollcpa
Woodson has to win big this year or its curtains. This fan base will eat him alive if they aren’t competing for a B1G championship and a second weekend team. Zero excuses now.

I’m not sure I agree.

This team should sleepwalk to a 7 seed or better. Pretty much zero chance we could miss the tourney. You think IU would fire a coach that has made 3 of 4 tourneys (granted, I think it’s a ridiculously low bar, but that doesn’t change the question)?

I think he’s safe. Especially with a couple of boosters willing to throw even more money around if need be.

Reactions: Indymoon
Don’t get me wrong it makes Woodson look awful and Dolson just completely worthless.

Gonna say it again ... you're taking the word of an attention whoring douchebag who just lost his access. An attention whore that previously spread rumors and lies, and then repeated the same damn type of claims they were spreading that lost them access. That comment and the Dan comment were obvious in their intent .... pure butthurt vindictiveness.

No one will ever know what truly happened, but no one should trust the acount being spread by those two and certainly not repeat it as a fact.

Attention whores always cause drama, and they always lie about the drama they bring on themselves.... Always.

@PhyloeBedoe the answer is everyone it seems.

Last edited:
Anyone see that the fan fest and fantasy camp are canceled. IU clearly saying stfu you goofy weirdos.
Meh. Who cares. Those dudes are dorks and a large percentage of what they do and say is very cringe worthy. They can ride off into the sunset for all I care. I think I have listened to a portion of 2 or 3 of their podcasts.

I like Scott but I agree with your post. It’s easy to say but if I were in Scott’s apparent position I would go to the BOT and President and tell them if they’re not going to get Woodson in line that I was going to resign and fully disclose what’s going on.

Many years ago I resigned from a bank board that was very good for my business. I strongly disagreed with a loan officer hire that I knew a lot about. In the end the loan officer was fired over bad loans but I wasn’t ask back on the bank board. 😂

Gonna say it again ... you're taking the word of an attention whoring douchebag who just lost his access. An attention whore that previously spread rumors and lies, and then repeated the same damn type of claims they were spreading that lost them access. That comment and the Dan comment were obvious in their intent .... pure butthurt vindictiveness.

No one will ever know what truly happened, but no one should trust the acount being spread by those two and certainly not repeat it as a fact.

Attention whores always cause drama, and they always lie about the drama they bring on themselves.... Always.

This is true but have you sat and had cigars with MW or just had any extended personal interactions with him? I am not condoning these goobers or validating anything they have said as being a fact because barring CW or Dolson confirming this info, we'll never know.

With that said, anyone that has sat around with him and talked for an extended period of time knows this interaction wouldn't be a surprise.

Nobody would land any of the top 50-100 transfer without NIL. If Coleman Hawkins truly got 2 mill at K St or wherever he went, then Ballo was a bargain at 1.2 (ish) million.

This is true but have you sat and had cigars with MW or just had any extended personal interactions with him? I am not condoning these goobers or validating anything they have said as being a fact because barring CW or Dolson confirming this info, we'll never know.

With that said, anyone that has sat around with him and talked for an extended period of time knows this interaction wouldn't be a surprise.
I’m not sure what the big deal is. I had some time so I gave it a listen. Nothing I heard seemed crazy, nor changed any opinion I have of MW.

I have a feeling there are a bunch of people here making assumptions without actually listening.

For sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get caught pocketing some of the funds they raised. Shady and as self centered as it comes. Attention whore to the extreme.

I've thought all along there should be someone within the AD who oversees NIL. I guess it can be a 100% private affair, but these guys are doing events with staff and players, and they have always shown questionable judgement at best. Someone should be charged with coordinating events and insuring they meet standards for IU. I'm not surprised it ended ugly and with hurt feelings and he said/she said type crap.
To your earlier point…and I know it’s not apples to apples…but does the name Bryant Fitzgerald ring a bell to anyone with blind faith in IUs AD?

Reactions: YOTHN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT