ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey or Boxing?

i think even prior tho there was a dearth of names especially at the heavy weight division. i'm going to watch the next tyson fury fight
I've heard for years the rise of the NFL killed boxing. I don't know how true that is but damn if most D ends don't look like they'd be pretty damn good heavyweights.

Athletes follow the money. I don't blame them.

I've heard for years the rise of the NFL killed boxing. I don't know how true that is but damn if most D ends don't look like they'd be pretty damn good heavyweights.

Interesting. and they don’t have much of a platform. Fight once a year on ppv how will people know them? The hook with mma was the ultimate fighter tv show. You got to follow them like reality tv characters. Add fighting at the end! That’s a formula

Reactions: larsIU
have to think bashing your hands on the helmet would affect stick handling

exactly how much of this is staged?

I believe Jim Brown was offered a professional boxing contract out of college. He chose football instead.

Later he asked about getting in the ring with Ali. Here is how that went down:

"So I went to talk to Ali," Arum recalls. "He says, 'Jim wants to do what? Bring him here.' So I took him to Hyde Park in London, where Ali used to run. Ali said, 'Jimmy, here's what we're going to do: You hit me as hard as you can.' So Brown starts swinging and swinging, and he can't hit him. He's swinging wildly and not even coming close. This goes on for, like, 30 seconds. Then Ali hits him with this quick one-two to his face. Jimmy just stops and says, 'OK, I get the point.'"

I hate fighting in hockey
My grandson has a temper and it got the best of him a couple times in hockey. This year he overcame that. One of my favorite memories of his play this year is when he checked a player hard into the boards, the only problem was the player had gotten rid of the puck. The kid came up swinging. GS turned away, skated to center ice, and just stood there. There was a small melee while the other player calmed down. GS got two minutes, the other player got ejected.

My grandson has a temper and it got the best of him a couple times in hockey. This year he overcame that. One of my favorite memories of his play this year is when he checked a player hard into the boards, the only problem was the player had gotten rid of the puck. The kid came up swinging. GS turned away, skated to center ice, and just stood there. There was a small melee while the other player calmed down. GS got two minutes, the other player got ejected.
I bet you just love going to his games. What a treat. And I hear the temper issue. My minion has a deep gravelly voice. They basically just do footwork at his age and don’t really go against each other. But when he loses the ball he makes this frightening wail/scream and he races to get it and dives on top of it with his hands. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like when he gets fouled or has it taken off him

His birthday is the day of the eclipse….

MMA isn't nearly as big as it use to be.

They give title fights to the same guys because they say dumb shit on X.

How I miss the glory days of GSP, Hughes, Machiada, Silva, ect.

When Weidman knocked out Silva, one of the best MMA moments ever, IMO.

It's all dying. Everything.

Chuck Tito randy too. So fun

• Love
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I loved Tito talking so much shit and then Chuck knocking his head off.

So good.
So so good. I saw it twice live. Once in Columbus. Randy vs Silva and once in Vegas. Not great in person. Especially the floor which we had. Can’t see shit. We actually ended up in the bar with a bunch of those guys. In regular clothes they are frighteningly average looking. You wouldn’t think twice about punching one of them. That’s why God made their ears like that. To put us on notice

Relax Shakira.

I'll report back after my daughter and I watch Barbie. I'll be honest, Ryan Gosling is jacked. We need more men looking that fit.

#nohomo
To get on the dream team you basically have to show a sustained record of success. Basically DANC is the standard bearer. However snarlcakes received an invite with one joke. I didn’t even know his handle. When I was soooooooo weak I could barely function he wrote under one of my posts: you should find an old house and fix it up for her

To this day my favorite post

He's just taking out his aggression on his father who doesn't like fighting or physicality!

I bodyslammed and suplexed mine last night.
There is nothing in this life better than wrestling with them when they are little. Nothing. I can’t stop kissing his head and he yells : NO TISSING BETWEEN DA ROUNDS!!!!
I can’t wait until he’s a little older and we can box.

My dad said I would box with him and scream if he wanted to stop so he said he usually just hurt me when he got tired of it 🤣. Fing Santini

There is nothing in this life better than wrestling with them when they are little. Nothing. I can’t stop kissing his head and he yells : NO TISSING BETWEEN DA ROUNDS!!!!
I can’t wait until he’s a little older and we can box.

My dad said I would box with him and scream if he wanted to stop so he said he usually just hurt me when he got tired of it 🤣. Fing Santini

Boys have to be crazy. It's part of who they are. I was wild well into 20s. Then I met my wife. Now she complains I am too tame.

Go figure.

His birthday is the day of the eclipse….
r0XQzB@small.gif

To get on the dream team you basically have to show a sustained record of success. Basically DANC is the standard bearer. However snarlcakes received an invite with one joke. I didn’t even know his handle. When I was soooooooo weak I could barely function he wrote under one of my posts: you should find an old house and fix it up for her

To this day my favorite post
But is she hotter than Rachel McAdams.

When we are all together which never lasts but a few minutes she says “ have fun with papa dada.” That’s her new thing. Like I’m some ****ing hybrid half dad half grandpa. Bitch
I've got a dilemma. My beard is about 60% gray at this point. Hair though, same color as the day i was born.

I'd shave but I hate having no fur on the face and I've got a weak chin. I def look better with the beard but older.

Dammit.

I've got a dilemma. My beard is about 60% gray at this point. Hair though, same color as the day i was born.

I'd shave but I hate having no fur on the face and I've got a weak chin. I def look better with the beard but older.

Dammit.
I swear to god 75 percent of my friends have 60 percent grey beards. It’s like quarter zips now

Hell let’s go all the way back to Pride. Fedor was a machine. Who was the tall Egyptian kickboxer? That dude was a bad ass too.

Relax Shakira.

I'll report back after my daughter and I watch Barbie. I'll be honest, Ryan Gosling is jacked. We need more men looking that fit.

#nohomo

Ha. When my stoker. And I. We’re still tandeming in our 70’s she coined the phrase “Ken and Barbie” teams. It wasn’t necessarily a compliment.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT