ADVERTISEMENT

HH Now!

Could Grace play for us? Good idea?
I have watched the women the last few years. Grace is fun to watch, especially Her pull up jumper.
The ladies seem weak, at least shallow, at the big positions (4 and 5, if anyone plays like that anymore). Heavy with guards. Shooting the 3 seemed to hurt us last year.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Drills emphasizing transition with some off the ball screens sprinkled in. (thankfully… finally).

Half the team held out for precautionary reasons, no real scrimmage. On to the football game

Why such a sparse crowd?
With the program down as long and as deep as it’s been, this isn’t unexpected. Anyone who attends games knows that AH has had several thousand empties for most games, and that the season ticket wait list has dwindled dramatically. I long advocated to Fred Glass that he reduce the student ticket allotment, and I hope Scott will consider doing this as well. It’s an iconic venue and it should be full for every MBB event.

With the program down as long and as deep as it’s been, this isn’t unexpected. Anyone who attends games knows that AH has had several thousand empties for most games, and that the season ticket wait list has dwindled dramatically. I long advocated to Fred Glass that he reduce the student ticket allotment, and I hope Scott will consider doing this as well. It’s an iconic venue and it should be full for every MBB event.
The biggest change in ticket allocation should be the allocation of prime seats to staff. They should be given points for being staff, but then entered into normal seat selection. I have friends in the third row staff and would be above row 20 on alumni side (they have 1300 less points than I do & much better seats). Staff can be in row 25 with 200 pts.
This season should determine if student ticket allocation should be reduced. Based on student turnout for football - student turnout should be very good!

It’s the mask mandate and covid. It has little to do with the state of the program. People don’t want to mask up for little entertainment. It kept a few away. It’s not like it was full before that.

Reactions: brebelle3
The biggest change in ticket allocation should be the allocation of prime seats to staff. They should be given points for being staff, but then entered into normal seat selection. I have friends in the third row staff and would be above row 20 on alumni side (they have 1300 less points than I do & much better seats). Staff can be in row 25 with 200 pts.
This season should determine if student ticket allocation should be reduced. Based on student turnout for football - student turnout should be very good!
Faculty and staff have always been at the top of the ticket daisy chain. Zero chance that ever gets unwound. Students, on the other hand, who don’t care enough to show up, should receive a reduced allotment.

Reactions: Lucy01
It’s the mask mandate and covid. It has little to do with the state of the program. People don’t want to mask up for little entertainment. It kept a few away. It’s not like it was full before that.
Mask wearing has little to do with a lack of attendance. Most people got past their issues with masks long ago. This is about the state of the program.

Interesting point.
I would have thought students were less worried of Covid or consequences (I sure was) and more interested in fun.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Interesting point.
I would have thought students were less worried of Covid or consequences (I sure was) and more interested in fun.
Some are, some aren’t. My nephew is pre-med and was. This variant seems to be affecting younger people. 28 year old I work with passed away.

I was there... A pretty small crowd ..
Smaller than previous years....
It's not really done that well anymore...I dont know what to do.. To make it better though..
Lander in a boot already..

I was there... A pretty small crowd ..
Smaller than previous years....
It's not really done that well anymore...I dont know what to do.. To make it better though..
Lander in a boot already..
Did Leal win the 3 point shooting contest?

Interesting point.
It wasn’t fun though… they need to eliminate everything except the intros and have a 40 minute cream vs crimson scrimmage.

Did Leal win the 3 point shooting contest?
I think he and his partner came in second..
If you were to ask me ..Who has the best stroke on the team..I might go him..
I could see him going for 4 to 5 three's in a game or so this year..If he can stay on the floor playing defense..

Last edited:
I think he and his partner came in second..
If you were to ask me ..Who has the best stroke on the team..I might go him..
I could see him going for 4 to 5 three's in a game or so this year..If he can stay on the floor playing defense..
They did not come in second. Xavier Johnson and his partner did.

I was in Indiana for the first time in over 1.5 years today. Spent time in Elkhart, Notre Dame, Muncie, Indy and Bloomington. B - town is the only place that hasn’t moved on from COVID fanaticism. It felt like October 2020 there while the rest of the state seems to be living a bit more normally. Just an observation from somebody who’s been away for awhile

I was in Indiana for the first time in over 1.5 years today. Spent time in Elkhart, Notre Dame, Muncie, Indy and Bloomington. B - town is the only place that hasn’t moved on from COVID fanaticism. It felt like October 2020 there while the rest of the state seems to be living a bit more normally. Just an observation from somebody who’s been away for awhile
I meant the past few days…. Not just today

I bet those in B-town are glad you are moving on then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT