ADVERTISEMENT

Hezbollah Pagers Exploding?

I know….I am just killing time trying to decide if I need a beer or to just go to bed
why-not-both-why-not.gif

You would be shocked how quickly it will be rebuilt.

Husband and wife are wonderful people. Before starting her store the wife cleaned my house and office. She as well as her husband are hard workers.
It will not shock me at all. My understanding is that it’s very important to the area….if that’s the case it will go up extremely fast. The community will not mess around

• Sad
Reactions: All4You
It will not shock me at all. My understanding is that it’s very important to the area….if that’s the case it will go up extremely fast. The community will not mess around
I forget the year when tornados cut a wide swath through our Amish Community. I had several businesses, farm buildings and homes lost. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to said in less than 9-12 months you couldn’t tell where the tornado went through.

I had a Truss Factory Business that lost everything. While they were rebuilding two of my other clients and competitors filled their Truss Orders until they were back up and manufacturing trusses again.

Not with cell phone tower data, you can't.
No, but if you're on the phone through the connection or have an app transmitting those signals, you can see location and movement in real time to a relatively small radius

Retailers have been doing it via apps within their stores for some time. Obviously not through malicious means, but it's not uncommon. Gartner has a magic quadrant for that technology.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
I forget the year when tornados cut a wide swath through our Amish Community. I had several businesses, farm buildings and homes lost. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to said in less than 9-12 months you couldn’t tell where the tornado went through.

I had a Truss Factory Business that lost everything. While they were rebuilding two of my other clients and competitors filled their Truss Orders until they were back up and manufacturing trusses again.
Abe was a great man. His legacy still lives on in this county and I’m not just saying that. He did a LOT of good work in this county. Chaplain at the jail, founded fresh start, etc.

Reactions: 76-1 and stollcpa
Abe was a great man. His legacy still lives on in this county and I’m not just saying that. He did a LOT of good work in this county. Chaplain at the jail, founded fresh start, etc.
Most of the community had no idea the hundreds if not thousands of hours he spent in the county jail mentoring inmates. I talked to him many times about the convicts that conned him. He always said if he helped one prisoner it would be worth it.

No one has replaced all the time and funds he donated. He was truly a great man.

And taken by itself, that wasn't a bad move. Strategically stupid, of course, but operationally, it worked fine. But Israel can do things Iran/Hamas/Hezbollah can't even imagine.
Why strategically stupid? A lot of reporting suggested Hezbollah was on the cusp of a significant operation. This pager thing disrupted their command and control for a long time.

For the uninformed and if I’m missing the obvious I apologize in advance but why are they using pagers?
Pagers were apparently what Hezbollah ordered. Hezbollah failed basic supplier quality rules and failed to inspect each lot received independently. Removing the replaceable battery and checking with a dental mirror.

A miniaturized detonator could easily be disguised as a circuit board capacitor. And the explosive used to glue it to the board.

It’s Hezbollah’s lack of imagination that is at fault.

Why strategically stupid? A lot of reporting suggested Hezbollah was on the cusp of a significant operation. This pager thing disrupted their command and control for a long time.
That’s what you get when you put me on mute - cluelessness to what the comment you replied to was referring to.

Reactions: UncleMark
My guess as to how this really went down.

ijsl86y12b611.jpg

"Now, see here 007. This looks like an ordinary pen, but push this button three times and every Hezbollah agent within 100 miles will no longer to be able to satisfy their wives or girlfriends for at least a month. This should provide ample opportunity for infiltration into their network through your....typical means of persuasion."
"Three times you say, Q?"
(Click Click Click).

It’s Hezbollah’s lack of imagination that is at fault.
Seriously?

From concept, to design, to preparation, to implementation, to execution, this was brilliant and totally unexpected. It will change the means and method of counter terrorism. I question whether we can pull off a similar feat. We seem to be diminishing the creativity, mentality and even ruthlessness at our highest levels of decision- making in favor of other goals.

Reactions: DANC
Seriously?

From concept, to design, to preparation, to implementation, to execution, this was brilliant and totally unexpected. It will change the means and method of counter terrorism. I question whether we can pull off a similar feat. We seem to be diminishing the creativity, mentality and even ruthlessness at our highest levels of decision- making in favor of other goals.
We’re more focused on DEI than the real jobs at hand all across our government agencies.

Pagers only receive data. You might be able to triangulate with cell towers down to +/- 50 feet. Cell phones have GPS that you can locate down to a couple of feet. Much less chance of collateral damage if calling in an airstrike.
Exactly what was exposed in 2,000 Mules - I remember when that was ridiculed here.

Tell our local Swabby.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Exactly what was exposed in 2,000 Mules - I remember when that was ridiculed here.

Tell our local Swabby.
You deserved and still deserve ridicule because you're still wrong. 2,000 Mules is a scam to take money from dupes like you. It worked because you bragged about paying to see the scam.

Reactions: Noodle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT