ADVERTISEMENT

He's back.

I

Can any one of you three make a convincing case for voting for Harris without mentioning Trump?
A couple things. First - as I mentioned recently on this board - I'm personally much better off than I was four years ago. I'd like to see that momentum going. And I also believe that her policies would be more favorable with regard to the environment and social issues I care about.

Second, she's not running in a vacuum. I think Trump is exponentially and monumentally worse for the country and I was prepared to vote for Joe Biden and his administration because I think Trump is that bad. There aren't too many Democrats I wouldn't have voted for over him. I'm voting FOR Kamala Harris, but I'm also very much voting against Trump. He's an asshat. I hope Harris wins and the Justice Department, state of Georgia and whoever else is out there with a legit legal grievance against him is able to hold him fully accountable.

GUz1W5UXsAAllUe.jpg
Lol. And now Dems are suing Elon because apparently last night was an in kind contribution. Who wants to tell them?

A couple things. First - as I mentioned recently on this board - I'm personally much better off than I was four years ago. I'd like to see that momentum going. And I also believe that her policies would be more favorable with regard to the environment and social issues I care about.

Second, she's not running in a vacuum. I think Trump is exponentially and monumentally worse for the country and I was prepared to vote for Joe Biden and his administration because I think Trump is that bad. There aren't too many Democrats I wouldn't have voted for over him. I'm voting FOR Kamala Harris, but I'm also very much voting against Trump. He's an asshat. I hope Harris wins and the Justice Department, state of Georgia and whoever else is out there with a legit legal grievance against him is able to hold him fully accountable.
Agreed.

And here’s the thing about policies. They aren’t etched in stone. They aren't always implemented. They can be modified or undone. Our democratic institutions, as currently constituted, provide checks and balances. Despite the constant drumbeat from Trump and MAGA, Harris won't and can't "destroy the country."

Now consider Trump. We’ve already seen what he’s capable of doing. If Pence hadn’t grown a pair of balls on January 6 by defying Trump’s demands and proceeding with the vote certification, the country would have immediately faced a constitutional crisis and all bets were off in terms of what would have followed.

The Supreme Court recently gave Trump a massive win with its immunity decision. Consider that ruling, coupled with Trump’s penchant for abusing power. Add in the clearly defined plans for a second Trump term as set forth by former Trump officials in the Project 2025 manifesto and everything is in place for an imperial presidency. No thanks.

I get what you are saying and maybe my perspective is messed up living in rural Midwest. Everywhere I drive, it seems like the only news at the top and bottom of every hour is from Townhall Radio. It is always heavily conservative biased.

For a lot of people, that is the only news they listen to on an average day with the radio on at work. Combine Townhall and the powerhouse of Fox News, Trump is getting plenty of support.
Above a certain age you’re right. But the battle is for younger voters in key states and they are consuming content that is completely one-sided and complete left-wing propaganda. The mainstream media digital outlets are overwhelmingly praising Harris (for reasons only they can understand but are surely mainly a) she’s not Trump and 2) identity politics).

Above a certain age you’re right. But the battle is for younger voters in key states and they are consuming content that is completely one-sided and complete left-wing propaganda. The mainstream media digital outlets are overwhelmingly praising Harris (for reasons only they can understand but are surely mainly a) she’s not Trump and 2) identity politics).
I kinda disagree with this, but it may be semantics. When you say "mainstream media digital outlets", I am thinking of streaming and social media. The mainstream media digital outlets put ads / information in their space that are paid for by the parties. Up until a month ago, my facebook, youtube, and online streaming services (paramount, etc.) were mostly running conservative ads. Harris got her nomination, raised that 200 million in donations, and then immediately dumped something like 60 million of it into ads. The digital media outlets are not doing it because of bias, they are doing it because they've been paid to do it.

Now, if you are talking about the CNN and MSN feeds, yes, those have gone overwhelmingly biased in the last few weeks.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
He’s gonna say something dumb about COVID.

i-guarantee-it-9339439a04.jpg
If 'facts' are 'something dumb' then yes, that's part of what I just posted.

Curious why not having to deal with COVID doesn't qualify as being better off. Did you enjoy staying home, wearing masks, not going to events and seeing people and quarantining?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
Yes, Trump may lose the $4-5B he has in Truth stock by returning to X. But Trump cares about the country much more than his money. He's a man of the people and he's giving back.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Man of the people. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Curious why not having to deal with COVID doesn't qualify as being better off. Did you enjoy staying home, wearing masks, not going to events and seeing people and quarantining?
You realize that was the left cult doing that Covid nonsense. We were in Naples fla and the difference was night and day. Bars were packed. School masks and the rest were the left not right with the unnecessary duration

Reactions: DANC
"Better off" how?
He said personally better off. I'd guess several of us can say that. I'm certainly better off in personal economic terms. Income, buying power, and wealth are considerably higher and better. So is that of my daughter and just about everyone that I can think of in my family and among friends and coworkers. I'm two weeks from retirement because I'm in great shape to do that and I'm tired of leading and managing which I've done pretty much nonstop since 1985. I'll take a six-figure income hit, but my income will still be in the six-figures. I'll just put less in my investments and won't skip a beat, and the investments will continue to grow just at a slower rate. So yeah - better off here. Personal situations are anecdotal evidence, and we can all find some of that kind of evidence to support any position we want to support. Whether most people are better off is a different question. We need empirical data studies for that.

He said personally better off. I'd guess several of us can say that. I'm certainly better off in personal economic terms. Income, buying power, and wealth are considerably higher and better. So is that of my daughter and just about everyone that I can think of in my family and among friends and coworkers. I'm two weeks from retirement because I'm in great shape to do that and I'm tired of leading and managing which I've done pretty much nonstop since 1985. I'll take a six-figure income hit, but my income will still be in the six-figures. I'll just put less in my investments and won't skip a beat, and the investments will continue to grow just at a slower rate. So yeah - better off here. Personal situations are anecdotal evidence, and we can all find some of that kind of evidence to support any position we want to support. Whether most people are better off is a different question. We need empirical data studies for that.

Generally speaking people should usually be better off than they were four years ago assuming no calamitous economic collapses. That's how building wealth and a career works.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we hold people running for office to a higher standard than how random people post on message boards?

Trump shows no respect, so he doesn't deserve respect

Harris is hardly radical. That is just propaganda bull crap from lying conservatives
The hypocrisy runs deep in this one.

Hate President DJT for alleged involvement with 'other' women, but is all in on an actual 'other woman'...who was screwing Willie Brown, who was married at the time.

Generally speaking people should usually be better off than they were four years assuming no calamitous economic collapses. That's how building wealth and a career works.
The problem is that we have had two of those already this century and we're not even a quarter of the way through it yet.

You realize that was the left cult doing that Covid nonsense. We were in Naples fla and the difference was night and day. Bars were packed. School masks and the rest were the left not right with the unnecessary duration
Not in April 2020 you weren't. Florida shut down like everyone else. They did, though, reopen faster than most states.

Generally speaking people should usually be better off than they were four years assuming no calamitous economic collapses. That's how building wealth and a career works.
Generally speaking, of course. That's why when people are asked the question if they're personally better off than four years ago, most say yes. When asked if others are they often say no.

The problem is that we have had two of those already this century and we're not even a quarter of the way through it yet.
I didn't see 2020 as all that calamitous financially, and this is from someone that got laid off early in covid. Markets recovered fairly quickly as did employment. Resulting inflation however is probably a sting on those worse off than I.

I'd bet his salary is down $5k from 2019, though.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Perhaps you need to find other inspiration than Morning Mika, The Young Terds, and Huff Post.
You forgot MeidasTouch.

That being said….If Trump (and his sorry kids) don’t get some kind of ground game going in Wisconsin…we are going to be stuck with terrible progressive policies.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Hey, there was a border bill that dems supported earlier this year....Trump forced pubs to reject it.

Crowds for Harris have been bigger than trump crowds...especially since Trump has been hiding in his basement crying like a little baby that Biden dropped out.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
What a dumbass....

• Love
I kinda disagree with this, but it may be semantics. When you say "mainstream media digital outlets", I am thinking of streaming and social media. The mainstream media digital outlets put ads / information in their space that are paid for by the parties. Up until a month ago, my facebook, youtube, and online streaming services (paramount, etc.) were mostly running conservative ads. Harris got her nomination, raised that 200 million in donations, and then immediately dumped something like 60 million of it into ads. The digital media outlets are not doing it because of bias, they are doing it because they've been paid to do it.

Now, if you are talking about the CNN and MSN feeds, yes, those have gone overwhelmingly biased in the last few weeks.
I meant the “news” outlets. Time, Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, etc have gone full blown KAMALA IS THE BEST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY. It’s disgusting.

The rest like Facebook and X are just showing you the algorithm.

Thank God IDK one person stupid enough to vote for the dems. Thats like committing suicide. You have a clueless ditz and a sex change sanctuary. Thats madness.
Yeah only 81 million voted democratic in 2020. I’m sure every last one of them consider themselves lucky not to know you. And you’re just putting your stupidity on display again if you say you don’t know a single person who voted democratic. Please tell me you suffer from dementia. It’s the only thing that would make sense. I could then feel sorry for you instead of disgust.

I didn't see 2020 as all that calamitous financially, and this is from someone that got laid off early in covid. Markets recovered fairly quickly as did employment. Resulting inflation however is probably a sting on those worse off than I.
I agree from my personal perspective, but that's more because of my wife and mine's spending habits and the industry we work in (which didn't have much of a downturn). We were already in pretty good shape and had the means to weather the storm. Lots of people did not though. Covid was devastating to those who were already living paycheck-to-paycheck. They ended up getting their jobs back, but between putting some of their debt on credit cards and the inflation afterwards, I can certainly understand their plight.
We had a discussion about this about a year ago: Which economic downturn was worse, 2006 or 2020? The results were mixed, and I think it mostly depended on what industry you worked in and where you were in life (near retirement or just starting out, etc.).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Perhaps you need to find other inspiration than Morning Mika, The Young Terds, and Huff Post.
If you're going to parody the title, at least spell it right. The word is "turds," genius.

I frequently cite sources. Those are not among them.

You, on the other hand, never cite anything. Given your history, you're probably afraid to. I'm sure your search history is something to behold.

Are you serious? You’re putting Covid at the hands of Trump? Are you that far gone?

Just curious. When you read this shit, does even a tiny part of your brain say, "Whoa, slow down, that's so crazy maybe I shouldn't just take this at face value?" Or do you pretty much automatically believe every attack anyone makes against a Democrat, no matter how obviously stupid it is?
Stupid is as stupid does.

I meant the “news” outlets. Time, Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, etc have gone full blown KAMALA IS THE BEST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY. It’s disgusting.

The rest like Facebook and X are just showing you the algorithm.
As I said though, everything in my social media was Trump / Vance / Anti-Sherod Brown (Ohio Senate) up until three weeks ago and then it flipped.
I have this image in my head of what the algorithm is thinking when it looks at my internet search history.
what-why.gif

It's a fair point to make. Especially when the general question is 'are you better off than you where when Trump was in office?' or some other type of non-sense like that.

Are you serious? You’re putting Covid at the hands of Trump? Are you that far gone?
Do you remember who was president in March 2020? Was Trump's official stance something along the lines of, 'the buck stops here, unless there's a global pandemic. In that case I got nuthin'?

Seriously, for as much as people here want to lay blame for things that aren't always necessarily a president's fault, a lot of people here give Trump a big fat pass for how he mishandled COVID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT