ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: THE DREAM TEAM OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENT: Administration - Trump, Musk, Kennedy, Gabbard

Ok. But if a school allows their students to use the bathroom which corresponds to their gender identity and a trans girl is using the boys bathroom in that school, then that school is REQUIRED to provide menstrual products in that bathroom.

Thats the law. In both language and intent, which I’ve shown.
No, the law doesn't specify that they must be available in every restroom used by any menstruating students. That's the part you are assuming incorrectly.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Ok. But if a school allows their students to use the bathroom which corresponds to their gender identity and a trans girl is using the boys bathroom in that school, then that school is REQUIRED to provide menstrual products in that bathroom.

Thats the law. In both language and intent, which I’ve shown.

In practice, that's not been necessary. Evidently the trannys haven't taken over in Minnesota, no matter how much you wish they had.

From the actual bill itself(emphasis mine)-

“A school district or charter school must provide students with access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available to all menstruating students in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district. For purposes of this section, "menstrual products" means pads, tampons, or other similar products used in connection with the menstrual cycle.”

The actual language says those products must be available IN RESTROOMS regularly used by students in grades 4-12.

What am I missing?
The law doesn't say they must be in all restrooms regularly used by students grade 4-12 or even all restrooms regularly used by a menstruating student in grades 4-12. You really think that the language requires tampons in every school restroom in state of Minnesota (other than schools that have no students fourth grade and above)?

• Haha
No, the law doesn't specify that they must be available in every restroom used by any menstruating students. That's the part you are assuming incorrectly.
I never said ALL restrooms. In fact, i specifically noted that if you were to say ALL restrooms, that would not be accurate.

I’m just pointing out that it is not “made up” that Walz signed a bill requiring tampons in boys bathrooms.

Because it’s NOT made up.

The law doesn't say they must be in all restrooms regularly used by students grade 4-12 or even all restrooms regularly used by a menstruating student in grades 4-12. You really think that the language requires tampons in every school restroom in state of Minnesota (other than schools that have not fourth grade and above)?
To be fair to Hoops, it's a poorly crafted bit of legislation, and it's easy to see how a layman would misinterpret it.

I never said ALL restrooms. In fact, i specifically noted that if you were to say ALL restrooms, that would not be accurate.

I’m just pointing out that it is not “made up” that Walz signed a bill requiring tampons in boys bathrooms.

The law requires tampons in exactly zero boys' bathrooms. You're reading it wrong.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

If not required in all restrooms, then which ones? Not to be snarky again, but should the school ask transgender males (i) are you menstruating?, and (ii) if you are menstruating, which boy's bathroom(s) do you intend to use this school year? And, won't they have to survey students every week or so to make sure they have bathroom requests from newly menstruating transgender students?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I've already explained it. You claimed that the school is required to provide tampons in any restroom that is regularly used by menstruating students. The law doesn't say that. No matter how many times you repeat it, the text just isn't there.
What the hell are you talking about? Thats EXACTLY what the law says.

“A school district or charter school must provide students with access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available to all menstruating students in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district. For purposes of this section, "menstrual products" means pads, tampons, or other similar products used in connection with the menstrual cycle.”

I’ve already linked it once.

You agreed that the law does not require menstrual products in ALL student restrooms.

So, if we start from that premise, which restrooms do you believe the law requires to have menstrual products?

And you're reading it wrong. It doesn't say anything about the restrooms actually used by menstruating students. It just says that menstrual products must be made available, and that this includes having them available in "restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district." You're claiming that the law dictates that this includes placing them in at least some boys' bathrooms, but it doesn't say that at all. As Mark has already demonstrated based on what the school districts have actually done, it's possible to conform to the law simply by making menstrual products available in girls' and unisex bathrooms.

You agreed that the law does not require menstrual products in ALL student restrooms.

So, if we start from that premise, which restrooms do you believe the law requires to have menstrual products?
It’s literally in my post, that you quoted.

They are required in “any restroom regularly used by menstruating students in grades 4-12”.

It’s literally in my post, that you quoted.

They are required in “any restroom regularly used by menstruating students in grades 4-12”.
But you added "any" and "menstruating" to the actual language of the statute.

And you're reading it wrong. It doesn't say anything about the restrooms actually used by menstruating students. It just says that menstrual products must be made available, and that this includes having them available in "restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district." You're claiming that the law dictates that this includes placing them in at least some boys' bathrooms, but it doesn't say that at all. As Mark has already demonstrated based on what the school districts have actually done, it's possible to conform to the law simply by making menstrual products available in girls' and unisex bathrooms.
Now you’re just messing with me.

It says “all menstruating students in grades 4-12”. And that menstrual products must be provided in restrooms regularly used by those students.

It couldn’t be more clear.

So, if a trans girl in Minnesota is using the boys restroom, then Tim Walz did most certainly sign a bill requiring the school to provide those products in that boys bathroom.

Sorry. You guys are just flat out wrong.

It says “all menstruating students in grades 4-12”. And that menstrual products must be provided in restrooms regularly used by those students.

You're leaving out the clause that says "restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district." Unisex washrooms would/could be part of that plan.

Again, I've not seen any reports where MN schools have actually placed tampon dispensers in all the boys' washrooms. If the trannys are such a potent force, why have there been no repercussions?

I changed “all” to “any” but “menstruating” is actually in there.
"menstruating" is not in the language you are putting in quotes. The statute states:

"A school district or charter school must provide students with access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available to all menstruating students in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district."​

Nowhere does the statute refer to "restrooms regularly used by menstruating students." How would the school even know which students are menstruating, let alone which restrooms they regularly use?

I changed “all” to “any” but “menstruating” is actually in there.
I will give you this: schools could comply with the law by putting menstrual products in every bathroom that students regularly use.

However, from what I have read no school seems to be taking that approach. Are they all violating state law?

More importantly, why would it matter if a high school decides to put tampons in every bathroom?

You're leaving out the clause that says "restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district." Unisex washrooms would/could be part of that plan.
I didn’t leave that out. I included it but it has nothing to do with my point
Again, I've not seen any reports where MN schools have actually placed tampon dispensers in all the boys' washrooms. If the trannys are such a potent force, why have there been no repercussions?
I have no idea how schools are implementing this. I’m just pointing out that it is not fake news to say Walz signed a bill requiring tampons in boys bathrooms.

In certain scenarios he absolutely did.

I have no idea how schools are implementing this. I’m just pointing out that it is not fake news to say Walz signed a bill requiring tampons in boys bathrooms.

There is only one scenario in which that law requires tampons in a boys' bathroom. If there is a boys-only school with a faculty and staff made entirely of men, which has zero women's bathrooms and zero unisex bathrooms on it's ground, and that school also happens to admit a menstruating trans boy student, then, yes, that school will need to put tampons in the boys' room.

I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in your pocket that scenario never, ever, ever comes up.

No, I didn’t. Go read it yourself.

Jesus Christ.
Good grief man! How can you be this stubborn?

What you claim the law said: "any restroom regularly used by menstruating students in grades 4-12"
What the law actually says: "in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12"

Are you having a go at us here? You clearly added the word menstruating to the operative phrase, and you're flat out denying it, claiming it's there in the original text, despite the fact that it's missing from the text you yourself posted.

There is only one scenario in which that law requires tampons in a boys' bathroom. If there is a boys-only school with a faculty and staff made entirely of men, which has zero women's bathrooms and zero unisex bathrooms on it's ground, and that school also happens to admit a menstruating trans boy student, then, yes, that school will need to put tampons in the boys' room.

I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in your pocket that scenario never, ever, ever comes up.
I’m willing to be there are a LOT of schools in Minnesota that allow students to use the restroom which corresponds to their gender identity.

In those schools, if a trans girl is regularly using the boys bathroom, then this law requires the school to provide menstrual products in that bathroom.

You "have no idea how schools are implementing this." You're just intentionally burying your head in the sand.

"All 15 of the districts that responded Friday to a CNN survey of 25 districts, including the Minneapolis and St. Paul districts in the state’s two most populous cities, said they comply with the law without providing tampons in traditional boys’ bathrooms."​

"In an Aug. 8 editorial, the Star Tribune reported that a spokesperson for Anoka-Hennepin schools, the state’s largest school district, said free menstrual products aren’t found in male-only bathrooms, but they are provided in nongendered bathrooms, girls’ bathrooms or from health staff.​
Searching the Nexis news database, we found no reports that menstrual products are being provided currently in boys’ restrooms in any Minnesota school district."​

In those schools, if a trans girl is regularly using the boys bathroom, then this law requires the school to provide menstrual products in that bathroom.
No, it does not, for all the reasons Noodle and I have carefully explained to you, and as Mark has demonstrated is proven by the way the law was implemented in real life by actual Minnesota schools. I have no idea why you can't let go of this. You're just plain wrong.

I’m willing to be there are a LOT of schools in Minnesota that allow students to use the restroom which corresponds to their gender identity.

Reinstating this...

I admire your conviction even when you are flat out wrong.

No, that’s not accurate.

If a menstruating student is using the boys bathroom, then the state of Minnesota is required to provide menstrual products in that bathroom.

It’s very very simple.

Thats the point of the law, that ALL students have access to those products, no matter how they identify, or which restroom they use.

It doesn’t give the school the option to put them somewhere else.

So the statement “Tim Walz signed a bill requiring tampons in boys bathrooms” is technically correct. Not made up at all.

If you say he signed a bill requiring them in ALL boys bathrooms, that would not be correct.
If a girl thinks she’s a boy….and declares as much….and therefore uses the bathroom labeled “Men”….then the products are required to be available in the bathroom the girl has decided to use….the fact she’s nuts has no bearing on the issue….next

No, it does not, for all the reasons Noodle and I have carefully explained to you, and as Mark has demonstrated is proven by the way the law was implemented in real life by actual Minnesota schools. I have no idea why you can't let go of this. You're just plain wrong.
How the law is being implemented in real life has nothing to do with what the text of the law says.

You guys are just wrong. Take it up with Minnesota. Take it up with Sandra Feist.

“While the vast majority of the period products will be used in the girls’ bathrooms, the decision was made to structure the bill as gender-inclusive in order to ensure that trans and nonbinary students who menstruate would have equal access to the products they need,” Feist said.

If a girl thinks she’s a boy….and declares as much….and therefore uses the bathroom labeled “Men”….then the products are required to be available in the bathroom the girl has decided to use….the fact she’s nuts has no bearing on the issue….next
Seems pretty simple, doesn’t it? Its like I’m talking to a brick wall.

Don't you get sucked down this, too. Read what Noodle and I patiently explained above. Hoops is wrong, period. He's so wrong, in fact, that he's posting text of a statute and then incorrectly quoting that very text in order to change the meaning. If he were a less reputable poster, I'd say he's being purposefully dishonest.

"menstruating" is not in the language you are putting in quotes. The statute states:

"A school district or charter school must provide students with access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available to all menstruating students in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school district."​

Nowhere does the statute refer to "restrooms regularly used by menstruating students." How would the school even know which students are menstruating, let alone which restrooms they regularly use?
If we were a serious lot the statute would read:

“A school district or charter school must provide female students with access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available to all female students in restrooms regularly used by female students in grades 4-12 according to a plan developed by the school district.”

Don't you get sucked down this, too. Read what Noodle and I patiently explained above. Hoops is wrong, period. He's so wrong, in fact, that he's posting text of a statute and then incorrectly quoting that very text in order to change the meaning. If he were a less reputable poster, I'd say he's being purposefully dishonest.
I re-wrote the statute for free….I just changed a term. Look at how much better it is?

Did you read the quote from the person from whom the bill originated as to why it was written the way it was?

I didn’t intentionally change the wording in an attempt to change the meaning.

I re-wrote the statute for free….I just changed a term. Look at how much better it is?
Your version might be better. But that's not really the point of this argument. The point is that the specific accusation made against Walz was incorrect. He didn't sign a law mandating tampons in boys' bathrooms, because there was no law mandating such.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT