ADVERTISEMENT

Hep's Rock has been moved

IU’s “Memorial Stadium” should be used for more formal occasions of somber note, official in nature. Anything else is merely a fun-loving term of endearment conjuring a mental image of a more raucous environment. Analogous to it would be UM’s “Michigan Stadium” being dubbed “The Big House”.
And you don’t hear their media folks combining them to say “Welcome to Michigan Stadium The Big House” like Fish does - “Welcome to Memorial Stadium The Rock”

Combining them and using both at the same time is like nails on a chalk board.

Use one at a time.

And you don’t hear their media folks combining them to say “Welcome to Michigan Stadium The Big House” like Fish does - “Welcome to Memorial Stadium The Rock”

Use one at a time.
I think having the rock/Hep's Rock is a nice nod to a good man, but the Rock is silly name. The proof is that the athletic department has been trying to get it to catch on for 20 years and it hasn't. Probably mostly because nothing catches on when you lose for a century. But, it's not uncommon at all to hear announcers use both names in conjunction at the beginning of a broadcast. It happens with Michigan, LSU, and Clemson all the time.

Use one at a time.
I think probably rarer is to have a basketball arena nicknamed. One immediately thinks of “The Pit”, New Mexico’s “University Arena”. With a generic name such as that, it’s easy to see why the nickname catches on as it has.

Speaking of generic names, Assembly Hall is pretty dull, too, and not even unique within the conference, but at least it doesn’t have a corporation that comes with it or commonly, a person’s name like Mackey Arena. Simon Skjodt AH was added later but is only used in formality. Thankfully, no one ever says, “Is our upcoming game being played in Simon Skjodt? Maybe we should start a movement to gain more uniqueness, calling it simply, the “Skjodt Pot”, as in “We gonna have some home cooking in the Skjodt Pot tonight, Baby!”

Skjodt (pronounced SCOTT, rhyming with aught)…what is that crazy-ass spelling anyway, Scandinavian? I assume Cindy is Jewish only because the Simon boys are. What must that feel like to hand over 40 million for upgrading, at its most basic, a game room? Common man thinks that’s an expensive ego trip to drive up to a ball game and see your last name on the limestone edifice. She has more presence there than Robert Knight, yet I wouldn’t recognize her if she was seated there next to me booing the refs.

I think probably rarer is to have a basketball arena nicknamed. One immediately thinks of “The Pit”, New Mexico’s “University Arena”. With a generic name such as that, it’s easy to see why the nickname catches on as it has.

Speaking of generic names, Assembly Hall is pretty dull, too, and not even unique within the conference, but at least it doesn’t have a corporation that comes with it or commonly, a person’s name like Mackey Arena. Simon Skjodt AH was added later but is only used in formality. Thankfully, no one ever says, “Is our upcoming game being played in Simon Skjodt? Maybe we should start a movement to gain more uniqueness, calling it simply, the “Skjodt Pot”, as in “We gonna have some home cooking in the Skjodt Pot tonight, Baby!”

Skjodt (pronounced SCOTT, rhyming with aught)…what is that crazy-ass spelling anyway, Scandinavian? I assume Cindy is Jewish only because the Simon boys are. What must that feel like to hand over 40 million for upgrading, at its most basic, a game room? Common man thinks that’s an expensive ego trip to drive up to a ball game and see your last name on the limestone edifice. She has more presence there than Robert Knight, yet I wouldn’t recognize her if she was seated there next to me booing the refs.
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to Bob Knight Basketball Arena at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on the beautiful campus of Indiana University, where tonight, on Branch McCracken floor, the Indiana Hurryin’ Hoosiers look to clinch the Big Twenty Conference basketball title by beating a snot trail out of the Purdue Boilermakers.

This introduction has been brought to you by Mismatch - the nation’s greatest dating app for people who are just talkin’ about tonight!

Since the area is filled with pockets of Limestone why not call it.... Bedrock Stadium. That's what it sits on.

Then, have Fred Flintstone as the mascot and all the cheerleaders dress like Wilma and Betty....

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to Bob Knight Basketball Arena at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on the beautiful campus of Indiana University, where tonight, on Branch McCracken floor, the Indiana Hurryin’ Hoosiers look to clinch the Big Twenty Conference basketball title by beating a snot trail out of the Purdue Boilermakers.

This introduction has been brought to you by Mismatch - the nation’s greatest dating app for people who are just talkin’ about tonight!
“Pay the man, Shirley!”

Reactions: vesuvius13
Since the area is filled with pockets of Limestone why not call it.... Bedrock Stadium. That's what it sits on.

Then, have Fred Flintstone as the mascot and all the cheerleaders dress like Wilma and Betty....
Bingo! I think we might have an answer to PU’s locomotive. Customize a side-by-side (UTV) with faux logs on the sides and limestone wheels. I can see it leading the charge coming out of the tunnel with Cignetti at the wheel and Whitten as “Betty”. Jumbo turkey drumsticks would become a hot item at the concession stands.

Bingo! I think we might have an answer to PU’s locomotive. Customize a side-by-side (UTV) with faux logs on the sides and limestone wheels. I can see it leading the charge coming out of the tunnel with Cignetti at the wheel and Whitten as “Betty”. Jumbo turkey drumsticks would become a hot item at the concession stands.
Excellent! ... but, you mean Turkeydactal drumsticks, don't you?

How about Lambeau Field? What a dumb name! And naming the team after a meat packing plant? How stupid is that when they could have been the Wisconsin Fighting Bisons!

The only thing they had going for them was legendary football. Hey, they might be on to something.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Yes.... but I'm partial to redheads. I married one!
You’re not a true man until you get your “redwings”. Not only have I received mine, but she was a true redhead. It should go without saying, she was on her period. I was so warned ahead of time, as they always do. (insert regains of Queen’s “The Show Must Go On”) That’s a special commendation to bestow upon one in quest of manhood, or so I like to think. The resulting stain extending past the lips at both commissures is a badge of honor, the uninitiated may think the red badge of courage. What do you think? It’s certainly nothing tasteless, I’ve said or experienced, one might add, tongue in cheek.

Get your pair tonight, if that’s possible, then report back first thing in the morning. Oh, and don’t forget the selfie for TikTok. It will be an elite group…warriors, if you will, towards the top of the male pecker…excuse me, pecking order.

Not the end of the world. This gives fans access to it. Since 2006, it’s sat in the endzone with hardly a notice. The more changes we can bring to our football program, the better. Out with the old Indiana
Need a shakeup. New band director. Hire a guy from a HBCU who can bring some energy and showmanship to the 100 walking dead…..err.. Marching Hundred.
We need more risqué cheerleader outfits. The family atmosphere can take a back seat. The place needs to be a little more edgy. Make it uncomfortable for visitors.
This is football, not an outdoor art fair.
Have you seen the band? White dorky kids from the Midwest can’t pull off what they do at a HBCU.

Have you seen the band? White dorky kids from the Midwest can’t pull off what they do at a HBCU.

I've long advocated they hire a top notch band director from an HBCU and turn him loose. What we put on the field is embarrassing in comparison.

Anyone know what kind of show the JMU band put on? Cig doesn't seem to shy away from shaking things up -- maybe he'll learn how bad that part of the game day experience is and act accordingly.

You’re not a true man until you get your “redwings”. Not only have I received mine, but she was a true redhead. It should go without saying, she was on her period. I was so warned ahead of time, as they always do. (insert regains of Queen’s “The Show Must Go On”) That’s a special commendation to bestow upon one in quest of manhood, or so I like to think. The resulting stain extending past the lips at both commissures is a badge of honor, the uninitiated may think the red badge of courage. What do you think? It’s certainly nothing tasteless, I’ve said or experienced, one might add, tongue in cheek.

Get your pair tonight, if that’s possible, then report back first thing in the morning. Oh, and don’t forget the selfie for TikTok. It will be an elite group…warriors, if you will, towards the top of the male pecker…excuse me, pecking order.
Only her hair dresser knows for sure

the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

So my statement stands
Key is generation to generation. CTA’s attempt at tradition was LEO which he force fed everyone every time he opened his mouth. We will never hear that utterance again except maybe on this board.

What other traditions are there besides leaving at halftime?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT