ADVERTISEMENT

help me !

The "best" fans should be upset and wanting a new coach

blind loyalty makes one "dumb", not "best".

I see no bandwagon fans, I see good fans that are concerned and voicing their concerns...

the ones who aren't and those that readily and blindly accept mediocrity are the bad fans.

It's all a matter of perspective and your's is flawed.

Fred Glass said what he had to say

Did anybody really expect him to say something like, "This simply isn't good enough and if I don't see improvement damn quickly I'm going to let heads roll."

Never, ever will you hear that unless a coach has already basically been told to hit the door....

Do you actually go to games

Or just watch on tv? The Maryland game was one of the best in the Hall in awhile. Looking forward to the Michigan game on Sunday.

I use to schedule my whole life around IU basketball, hell even up to passing on a date and potentially getting laid. It's not even about the wins or losses, I watched every painful second of the MD era. It's the coach. I hate our coach. I said it from day 1 he was not the right "coach" for the job but whatever. Then he became a POS as person which is even worse.

How can anybody support a coach who does to 18 year old kids what he does? He's a royal piece. Even if he won a title, which everyone knows isn't going to happen, I would never support him. Ever.

I stopped watching after CTC was hired and again, it wasn't the wins and losses. I tried to get interested and for the first time in YEARS I watched a game. It was Syracuse, 2012. There was a very small window to get me back as a fan. Watching that put the final nail in my IU BB coffin. The IU administration is a joke and anyone who things they are adroit enough to pull of the Stevens hire is kidding themselves. Crean has a gun and a ski mask and he's gonna milk this thing and you better pray he doesn't make a run to the Sweet 16 because he will leverage that into an extension, guaranteed. He's a POS like that...

Stop wasting your money on an inferior product.

Fred Glass and his comments should have sealed the deal for you. Summary: IU is a soccer school, and hundred dollar donors don't matter.

Glass and IU athletics has developed a parasitic relationship with the fanbase. They want your money, but don't want to fire a coach who has only made the tourney 7 times in 16 seasons, berates a pillar of IU basketball (Fischer), and is befuddled by basic basketball concepts because his conceit overpowers his intellect.

Fatherly advice

We had a #1 ranking for most of the 12-13 season with Crean and two straight Sweet 16 finishes. We went to the championship game in 02 with Davis. Those are our most "elite" moments in the last 20+ years. Just replacing the coach and an AD won't make us elite.

Always amused by the "hearing talk" lines...

not that I don't believe you because I know you're a Mustang, but if I had a nickel for every time I saw a line like that on these boards...I'd have $5.

Jeebus, all that hate because of the oversign??

Seems a bit much to me. Can't it just be that he isn't good enough to be coaching at IU?

That 2012-13 season ended with a terrible disappointment, but you missed a lot of good moments with Vic, Cody, Wat, and Jordy that season....a lot of big wins and a lot of accolades.

I don't get I would rather win with good students?? Stan

got arrested & failed two drug test in 6 months. Is that the type of good student you want to lose with?

It has to feel wierd typing we were ranked #1 for most of the season but

only got to the sweet 16. That right there should tell us all we want to know.

It reeks of flesh dealing ..

and when someone over recruits every year and still doesn't have roles filled? That's kind of pathetic. how many recruits does he need to find 3 interior players? 30?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the oversign madness.

It's incredibly stupid, kills chemistry, keeps us forever young, etc....it's probably the core of his downfall here. But lets not pretend that this isn't a big business and whoever our coach is isn't going to do things that hurt peoples little feelings. It just doesn't make any sense in this case because it hurts the team.

But to stop watching IU games when they hired him because of it? Just seems over the top to me.

bud is a muggle ..

Muggles believe authority is truth. The sentient and self thinking believe truth is authority.

It's a difference in perspective. Muggles support god, rules, government and all authority without question.

lol ... it's true though.

Straw and a camel's back. It's just one trait

of too many undesirable traits that Crean has. I dislike it greatly, and especially since it doesn't work. He does it to bring balance to the roster. that's his reasoning.

And, well, we over recruited last year and didn't have shooters. We over recruited this year and have no bigs. We're over recruiting for next year and will probably not have any PG's after Yogi leaves.

It's one thing to do something seemingly scummy, I'll never like it. It's far worse when you do something scummy and gain absolutely nothing from it but more excuses. In fact it's pathetically incompetent.

This post was edited on 2/6 1:32 PM by Guy_Fawkes

It was weird seeing Remy Abell play for Xavier the other night...

but the whole Creaning to me is about as classless as Petrino pulling a football scholarship 48 hours before signing day. You understand the rationale, but really don't want your proud program to be a part of something so slimy and underhanded.

What makes anyone think Glass will make a change ever?

I almost think we'll have to get rid of Glass before we can fire Crean. If Glass were to fire Crean he'd be admitting that he made a $12 million gaffe with that massive buyout. I think that would be hard for him to do. The two are very well tied to the hip.

He didn't have to make the comment about the boosters.

He is also made excuses for the Syracuse game, citing the reason we lost was Hulls bad shoulder. We lost because Crean told Zeller to drive against Cuse's bigs instead of following the template that Louisville and UM used: having your post player shoot from 12 to 15 feet all day.

It also didn't help that Crean had ran Matt Roth off the team, robbing IU of a kid that shot 56 % from 3 range the season before.

I expect Glass to back his coach. What I don't want to read is insults to donors and mythical excuses for a bumbling moron.

Not at all if you have ever watched or played sports

In a one and done tournament, the teams that are considered the best don't always win. Do the #1 seeds always make it to the Final 4? We were a #4 seed in 2002 and knocked off a #1 seed. In 2013, we were a #1 seed and got knocked off by a #4 seed.

We haven't been elite for 20+ years with 4 coaches (5 if you count Dakich). The next hire will be the one?

I didn't want him back

Troy was a first time offender. Another positive and he should be gone. A DUI and he should be gone.

I don't disagree about that

But I wasn't referring to the shit about the boosters. Sadly, he's basically right about the boosters.

He made excuses for the losses, but that's par for the course unless you're going to go balls deep and provide a quote like the one I made above....

Ding Ding Ding!

You have won the prize!

That is exactly why wishing for a new coach is a waste of time. It isn't going to happen. The earliest it will happen would be in 2017. In the meantime, we have to suffer through people wanting a coaching change. I am ready to make a change today, but it isn't going to happen.

We will make the tournament this year (2014-2015). We will be slightly improved next year (2015-2016). The cries to fire CTC will be viewed as silly by the administration until after 2016-2017 when our rebuilding effort didn't materialize like we hoped after losing players to graduation and the NBA. The buyout will be smaller and Glass can go get some coach that 50% will like and 50% will still complain about. The process will begin again. Enjoy the next two years.

Getting rid of Glass would accelerate the coaching change and actually give us a chance to get one of those elite coaches that are busting down the door to coach at a program that hasn't been elite for 20+ years. Of course we have to hire a quality AD first.

To be suspended in college you must fail two drug test so both

Troy & Stan had to have failed twice.

So you Embrace Mediocrity, that's fine, just don't expect everybody....

to do so as well.

Yeah I think the next hire will be.

At least as long as we have someone competent calling the shots. We have been the sleeping giant of college basketball for the past 20 years.

During the last 5-6 years Knight was here he didn't recruit and it showed. Bobby even admitted as such. That's why we were down those years. Then came along Mike Davis. Nothing else needs to be said there, but even he got to the championship game. Then came Kelvin Sampson. Nuff said. Now we have Crean. The guy is a terrible coach, but even he took us to the preseason #1 team and a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament in the wake of the Sampson debacle.

Why don't you think we'll get someone elite like Stevens or Marshall? We have some of the best resources in the country. The state of Indiana produces more talent per capita than any other state in the country. We have no real in-state recruiting rivals. We have top facilities. We have one of the largest fanbases in the country. Our tv ratings are better than just about any other program. We are #6 in the country in overall attendance.

We will be elite once we get the right coach and we will as long as someone competent makes the call. Pitino and Cal wanted the job before, but we weren't interested. We passed on guys like Matta, Miller, and Beilein. We won't have Kelvin Sampson's mess or Adam Herbert to interfere this time either.

While I generally agree, it's the second tomeI have heard it today.....

and from completely different/unrelated people.

The team could suspend him for as long as they wanted

The NCAA has minimum punishment, but the teams can add time if they want. I believe we added a game for Troy and Stan.

It might have been harsh to kick Stan off the team because the fake ID incident wasn't that big of a deal, but it was the first of two infractions. I thought he deserved a longer suspension than Troy.

OSU just suspended a player before the PUke game without giving a reason. Hollowell was suspended last year "for focus".

Yes cause Ziz is a Cougar & not Mustangs like us. But I trust Cougars

before Panthers.

Purgatory

we don't suck, but we aren't good.

We are just there.

This post was edited on 2/6 4:27 PM by Hoosier in Mad Town

It hard to care about the games when the games don't matter.

Our team is flawed and as long as we have Crean IUBB is going nowhere.

All that matters is the coaching change. Frankly, losing game to ensure a coaching change is best for the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT