ADVERTISEMENT

Heartless

i am just amazed a how uninspiring of a team we are. Just a bunch of sissies who are afraid to compete. Heard Archie was uber competitive. Just not seeing it. He needs to be ripping on these guys. Pathetic.
I think we are seeing what happens when you are truly short handed. Even guys on the floor who had been hurt have had trouble really getting back to where they were before. Look at Zach. He just isn't moving with the same speed because of his back. Rob has only been back two games after being gone for quite a while. All of this short handed season is taking a cumulative toll in my view.

I think we are seeing what happens when you are truly short handed. Even guys on the floor who had been hurt have had trouble really getting back to where they were before. Look at Zach. He just isn't moving with the same speed because of his back. Rob has only been back two games after being gone for quite a while. All of this short handed season is taking a cumulative toll in my view.
So we have a bunch of quitters? No resilience or mental toughness shouldn’t be playing at this level then

I think the players have lost their way. The roles they have filled have changed so much due to injuries, they don’t know what they are supposed to do any longer. We have two guys who can do a lot and flow depending on the game. The rest simply need to fill roles and take the opportunity as it comes.

I think the players have lost their way. The roles they have filled have changed so much due to injuries, they don’t know what they are supposed to do any longer. We have two guys who can do a lot and flow depending on the game. The rest simply need to fill roles and take the opportunity as it comes.
We all have noticed how teams are begging for IU to shoot from the outside. We don't have anyone who can consistently hit open 3 pointers. So teams key in on the two guys who have talent and gamble on the others not being able to hurt them.

I think the players have lost their way. The roles they have filled have changed so much due to injuries, they don’t know what they are supposed to do...

I'll tell you where they can start. They can start by blocking out. By getting up into, hands out and moving there feet while guarding the guy in front of them. And, by winning 50/50 balls. I would think any role on the team would fit that bill, but I sure didn't see any of that tonight.

Archie mentioned fatigue - physical and mental - during his postgame PC. Probably true to some extent. He's really gonna earn his salary trying to correct it.

Archie mentioned fatigue - physical and mental - during his postgame PC. Probably true to some extent. He's really gonna earn his salary trying to correct it.
Total crock o Crap.. either you Want To win and play like hell to do so or you just playing for something to do. How many other teams in top 25 do you see lay so many inept halves??

and davis moves like an old man

Total crock o Crap.. either you Want To win and play like hell to do so or you just playing for something to do. How many other teams in top 25 do you see lay so many inept halves??
I see both sides of this.

The effort tonight was pathetic. But you have to acknowledge the toll this team has gone thru with all the injuries. It does make a difference.

That is where Archie needs to step up his game. This team needs HIM to be the one to make a difference.

Reactions: BigMobe
But how are we so fatigued at the start of these games to just fall in such a huge hole practically every game? We have now played just 4 games since our huge holiday break. Tired/fatigue just doesn’t cut it as an excuse right now.

Davis is clearly hurt, MCBob is not 90% yet, Rob is still two games away, Juwan is gassed, Grren is playing out of position, Smith has no idea how good he could be and wants to be cool and calm like Romeo...but he isn't Romeo, Fitzner sucks, Moore just realized tonight that he is alive and Durham...I Have no clue what that is.

This is Archie's mess to clean up, but the blame isn't on him....yet.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Davis is clearly hurt, MCBob is not 90% yet, Rob is still two games away, Juwan is gassed, Grren is playing out of position, Smith has no idea how good he could be and wants to be cool and calm like Romeo...but he isn't Romeo, Fitzner sucks, Moore just realized tonight that he is alive and Durham...I Have no clue what that is.

This is Archie's mess to clean up, but the blame isn't on him....yet.
You won't want to watch Saturday.

And, watching other teams, we really don't have three-point shooting prowess that anyone has to respect.

I'll tell you where they can start. They can start by blocking out. By getting up into, hands out and moving there feet while guarding the guy in front of them. And, by winning 50/50 balls. I would think any role on the team would fit that bill, but I sure didn't see any of that tonight.

This.....excuses for injuries and lack of talent. No excuse for lack of effort.

Reactions: cryano and BigMobe
And the coach keeps playing him instead of Moore.
And Forrester. Remember him? The dude that was supposed to be like the energizer bunny? Wouldn't that be more fun to watch than Smith and Davis jogging up and down the court like they were being tortured?

Physical gifts but either no understanding of or interest in using them. Haven't figured him out yet.
Great leaper but short arms and small hands negates most of that. His IQ, basketball awareness and skill set are also low. He would do well to develop a jumper but his release is jacked, Footwork and elbow is good and he squares well but that weird flick on his release has to be fixed.

Really frustrated with him, he's not improved one bit in skills.He was supposed to and needed to improve his handle and shot. Didn't happen. What did he work on all summer?

Defense improved a bit but that's about it.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Great leaper but short arms, and small hands negates most of that. His IQ, basketball awareness and skill set are also low. He would do well to develop a jumper but his release is jacked, Footwork and elbow is good and he squares well but that weird flick on his release has to be fixed Really frustrated with him, he's not improved one bit in skills.He was supposed to and needed to improve his handle and shot. Didn't happen. What did he work on all summer?

Good observations. Can't figure out why he can't win a tip. Last night wasn't even close.

Fitz hasn't scored a basket in 2019 and very little since first couple of games. Has Zack scored since duke game. No. Davis can barely get up and down the court. I know Moore makes some mistakes but he is showing he can make some plays. He is agile and brings length to the team in the paint. 5 points in 5 minutes last night. Not saying he is the answer to anything but does anyone believe he has earned a shot at more minutes with the available options that Archie has.

Fitz hasn't scored a basket in 2019 and very little since first couple of games. Has Zack scored since duke game. No. Davis can barely get up and down the court. I know Moore makes some mistakes but he is showing he can make some plays. He is agile and brings length to the team in the paint. 5 points in 5 minutes last night. Not saying he is the answer to anything but does anyone believe he has earned a shot at more minutes with the available options that Archie has.

We will continue to see more of Moore.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Good observations. Can't figure out why he can't win a tip. Last night wasn't even close.
It's what keeps him from being a great defender, good rebounder, and consistent finisher. He needs a handle and jumper and better awareness to play three where he really belongs. His body is built for running track and field something like the hurdles or long jumping, high center of gravity and balance with long legs. Not good for an interior player in basketball.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
It's sad to watch him right now....does anyone know, is this from an ankle sprain?

Davis tore his Achilles tendon last season. For anyone that hasn't experienced an Achilles injury they take a long time to recover from. I know a couple people, non athletes, that have had an a.t. tear and were still not completely recovered a year later. I need to have my Achilles tendon detached / reattached but I keep putting it off until I absolutely have to have it done. Minimum of 6 weeks with absolutely no weight on that foot, then a long period of recovery / therapy

Last edited:
Fitz hasn't scored a basket in 2019 and very little since first couple of games.
I couldn't gvie two shiits about Fitz hitting a shot again if he would just rebound and defend like he actually had a pair. His lack of shooting isn't hurting us one bit we have other ways to score, but when Justin or Juwan go to the bench and he's in, there's a gaping hole on his area of the floor defensively and on the boards.

I rarely blame a player for a loss but it's really hard not to blame him for Maryland and it had absolutely nothing to do with offense - at the very least he pulls his man out just standing there and improves spacing for others to exploit the gap - it has everything to do with being tough, aggressive and giving effort on defense.

He's soft .. way soft. He hardly ever puts a body on someone and his effort on boards and interior defense is beyond weak, almost non existent, he doesn't even get in the way or foul. At least foul them .

His teammates need to start attacking him in practice and knock him on his ass until he starts fighting back. Leadership ..

Last edited:
I couldn't gvie two shiits about Fitz hitting a shot again if he would just rebound and defend like he actually had a pair. His lack of shooting isn't hurting us one bit we have other ways to score, but when Justin or Juwan go to the bench and he's in, there's a gaping hole on his area of the floor defensively and on the boards.

I rarely blame a player for a loss but it's really hard not to blame him for Maryland and it had absolutely nothing to do with offense - at the very least he pulls his man out just standing there and improves spacing for others to exploit the gap - it has everything to do with being tough, aggressive and giving effort on defense.

He's soft .. way soft. He hardly ever puts a body on someone and his effort on boards and interior defense is beyond weak, almost non existent, he doesn't even get in the way or foul. At least foul them .

His teammates need to start attacking him in practice and knock him on his ass until he starts fighting back. Leadership ..
Interesting...its up to Fitzners teammates to provide him leadership to play a certain way...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT