ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Kentucky next

Egg. Did you start this thread just to sling baseless accusations around?

There are enough real bombs going off around College Basketball, you don't need to try and manufacture your own out of message board rumors and spite.

Nope, it was up then deleted on the link I provided.

Wait. 1994? Wasn't that right when we started to suck? Hmmmm...

Not at all for that reason. What happened was Knight had back to back classes that didn't pan out. Everyone from Eggers to Mandeville to "the all time NY high school scoring leader" Rob Hodgson, to Charlie Miller, Steve Hart and Rob Foster (aka self proclaimed "Razzle Dazzle"), to Michael Hermon, Sherron Wilkerson, and least to forget one Neil Reed..... they didn't pan out so well. And despite Knight's genius at coaching, that was just too many. He went back to the JC ranks for a couple years after that group fell apart and he had finally gotten the ship righted with Fife, Coverdale, Newton, Jeffries, Owens, Haston, and Moye.....when the program went to hell in a handbasket.

It started with the December departure of Malcolm Simms in the 92-93 season. He was the lone frosh that year and was a promising recruit but bolted before the Big Ten started. No one seemed to mind until a couple years later when Evans and Henderson were scoring over 40 ppg between them and IU fans realized things were about to go south.

Knight would have easily won the Big Ten with Crean's guys. I will repeat for the umpteenth time that the 2010-11 season was inexcusably bad.

hwz00KL.gif

Kentucky officials have been working around the clock lately.

UK and Cal aren't paying players. They don't need to. When you're the best you don't need to cheat. You offer the most value. This is just wishful thinking.

Reactions: birdforbogey
UK and Cal aren't paying players. They don't need to. When you're the best you don't need to cheat. You offer the most value. This is just wishful thinking.
Calipari has been in trouble with two NCAA schools, and UK has been corrupt since day one in the NCAA's existence. It would be totally naive to believe the cash envelope from 1989 is the only one that has ever been passed to a UK player. Let us not forget that Pitino used to coach at UK. UK's corruption was openly discussed like it was common knowledge in Season on the Brink.

Bottom line: the Feds would have an absolute field day with UK if they are so inclined.

You sound as confindent as their own fanbase LoL The engineers of the titanic were pretty confident too!

Calipari has been in trouble with two NCAA schools, and UK has been corrupt since day one in the NCAA's existence. It would be totally naive to believe the cash envelope from 1989 is the only one that has ever been passed to a UK player. Let us not forget that Pitino used to coach at UK. UK's corruption was openly discussed like it was common knowledge in Season on the Brink.

Bottom line: the Feds would have an absolute field day with UK if they are so inclined.
Cal has never been in trouble for paying players. An agent paid Camby at UMASS before his final year behind Cal's back. Watch the 30 for 30...Camby was extremely remorseful for pulling Cal into it. And the Rose situation had nothing to do with $. It's just some delusional people in our fanbase who see something that's not there. And it makes all IU fans look bad.

You sound as confindent as their own fanbase LoL The engineers of the titanic were pretty confident too!
Let me know when there is actual evidence and not just message board rumors. I won't hold my breath.

99% of this board was confident for 6-7 years that Crean was a better coach than Calipari. And we see how that turned out.

We need to figure out how to be more like UK. Not less.

Kentucky hasn't ever been a clean program. They just know the NCAA has no power unless you do the investigative work for them. Stop trolling. I can't tell which of your comments is the most hilariously naive, but just go away...

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
Cal has never been in trouble for paying players. An agent paid Camby at UMASS before his final year behind Cal's back. Watch the 30 for 30...Camby was extremely remorseful for pulling Cal into it. And the Rose situation had nothing to do with $. It's just some delusional people in our fanbase who see something that's not there. And it makes all IU fans look bad.
Both situations Cal knew what was going on. He knew Camby's financial situation and that he was wearing clothes their is no way he could afford. He also knew Rose's testing situation as well. Jeez, come on man get your head outta the sand. I'm not saying he's going to get caught but Cal is no angel fo sho!

Reactions: IUgradman
Both situations Cal knew what was going on. He knew Camby's financial situation and that he was wearing clothes their is no way he could afford. He also knew Rose's testing situation as well. Jeez, come on man get your head outta the sand. I'm not saying he's going to get caught but Cal is no angel fo sho!

Don't forget all those players that were busted with furs and all kinds of other expensive stuff/cash.......

Reactions: mazz
How do you know WWW wasn't paying them, without Cal's knowledge...

How do you know WWW wasn't paying them, without Cal's knowledge...
I'm 100% certain WWW is the key ringleader to Cal's recruiting efforts and I'm also as certain he is shady and Cal knows it. Again, he knew Camby couldn't afford the furs and such but he turned a blind eye to it. He most definitely knew Rose's situation at Memphis regarding the qualifying score for the NCAA. There's just no proof of the connection so he walks. OJ didn't do it either right? Lol....If WWW is paying players then Cal is aware of it for sure!

I'm 100% certain WWW is the key ringleader to Cal's recruiting efforts and I'm also as certain he is shady and Cal knows it. Again, he knew Camby couldn't afford the furs and such but he turned a blind eye to it. He most definitely knew Rose's situation at Memphis regarding the qualifying score for the NCAA. There's just no proof of the connection so he walks. OJ didn't do it either right? Lol....If WWW is paying players then Cal is aware of it for sure!

So what

What was Cal supposed to do with Camby? Seriously. Report him? Just assume your player didn't get it legitimately? What would that say about your coach? Cal had absolutely nothing to gain from Camby taking money from an agent. Nothing. You act like he cheated to gain an advantage there. I seriously want to know a reasonable option he or any other coach has when they SUSPECT (can't prove) a player took money from an agent.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
WWW is supposedly worth 10s of millions yet the man has never had a real job in his entire life. That itself should raise enormous red flags. The first thing Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd Gilchrist did after winning their title was run out to stands to give Uncle Wes a hug. He's also in Lexington all the time. If you don't believe there is some shady activity going on at UK I don't know what to tell you.

How do we know any coach wasn't paying players? Innocent until proven guilty IMO. It's the only way a halfway objective person can look at it IMO.

Let's just say, logically thinking, it would be hard for me to believe UK is not wrapped up in this. For starters, who is getting a good deal of the very players that these shoe companies would want to throw the money at? There is a start. And who are they winning these recruiting battles against? Who has the king of the "He just does stuff for guys" type of person hanging around their program? Who has a proven history of these "agents" kicking money to former players? Who has a proven history of former players having luxury items that their socioeconomic background would suggest they not have.

Dakich says he has proof that Lyle took a couple hundred grand which, after this has all come out, would be right in the ballpark of what was being offered to these players.

Calipari may be "innocent" but if he is it is only in the way that Wooden on was innocent of everything Gilbert did for his program. No, I'm fairly convinced that Kentucky is dirty as he'll. As is Duke, as is UK, as is North Carolina, as is Kansas, and possibly as we could be on a few players. But I do not think it is really possible to just use your name to recruit like they do anymore. Not when other schools are offering that kind of money. Sure you may pull in a good one here and there but to consistently pull in that top tier talent....well I am convinced anyone doing that has probably got their hands dirty right now.

The great part is, we do not have to worry about speculation anymore. I believe the feds are going to give college athletics a body cavity search and that a bunch of big names are going to get fingered for this.

How do you know he was?
Well it’s pretty normal Purdue fanboy understanding that teams can’t get good players without paying them. And that is even more so when they beat out Purdue for a good player. No team is playing by the rules if a players chooses a different school then Purdue. They absolutely played dirty.

Get back to us when we threaten a ref's life and business because we're mad at some calls.......

Yep I'm sure they have threads dissecting IUs behind the scenes operations on a regular basis.

In the same way Purdue is our little brother the level of obsession some show here make us seem like their little bro

Reactions: fpeaugh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT