ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off to those of you more optimistic than me.

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
I was skeptical of the level of competition CCC had competed against. I had no idea about the skill level of the individual players that some of you were so positive about. I was awfully impressed by this team’s performance against Northwestern today. I now understand why McCulley transferred out. Both lines are getting the job done.. I haven’t been this positive about the Hoosier team since the late 1980s. I wasn’t negative about this squad. I just didn’t want to get caught up in all the hype. The most important game of the season is the next game. Beat Nebraska!

With regard to CCC’s comment about googling his successes, as Dandy Don Meredith said if you back it up it ain’t braggin. And, obviously he has a great coaching staff.

I like the fact Dolson was proactive and positioned some carrots in Cignetti's contract. He has earned another years extension. With a $250k raise and $200k bonus. + his budget receives another $500k for staff income raises. Certainly not saying it's sufficient but does install another deadbolt to the door. I have no doubt a continued positive season will dictate additional moves for FB are made.

I was skeptical of the level of competition CCC had competed against. I had no idea about the skill level of the individual players that some of you were so positive about. I was awfully impressed by this team’s performance against Northwestern today. I now understand why McCulley transferred out. Both lines are getting the job done.. I haven’t been this positive about the Hoosier team since the late 1980s. I wasn’t negative about this squad. I just didn’t want to get caught up in all the hype. The most important game of the season is the next game. Beat Nebraska!

With regard to CCC’s comment about googling his successes, as Dandy Don Meredith said if you back it up it ain’t braggin. And, obviously he has a great coaching staff.
Our receivers just don’t drop the ball and all are extremely talented. Rourke’s numbers are off the charts and it’s because he has one of the best receiving corps in the conference. Elijah Sarratt is phenomenal and hard to believe he was at tiny JMU. He’s 6’2” athletic and has great hands. He’ll be playing on Sunday’s.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet

Love the Dandy Don quote. Yes, the hype machine was rolling in the immediate past years. Sarrat was perhaps the easiest to expect to compete. Rourke has also exceeded expectations, after the spring game. His decision making put Jackson on the bench.

I had expected the DL to do better v. NW, frankly. The offense getting the next TD after the NW scores was indeed impressive.

It wasn’t talent that dropped McCulley in the rotation for snaps. Both Allen and CCC challenged McCulley to do more (presumably in practice). That is more on him, than not. This year’s low number of drops might be a hint.

Our receivers just don’t drop the ball and all are extremely talented. Rourke’s numbers are off the charts and it’s because he has one of the best receiving corps in the conference. Elijah Sarratt is phenomenal and hard to believe he was at tiny JMU. He’s 6’2” athletic and has great hands. He’ll be playing on Sunday’s.

And before JMU he was at St Francis (PA). He was on no one’s radar

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT