ADVERTISEMENT

IU tied for #18 AP; #20 in coaches poll (links).

Radio Zero

All-Big Ten
Dec 9, 2019
Yoknapatawpha County
Last edited:
Observations: 1. Way too much love for the old SEC Teams. 5 in the Top Ten. Come On.
2. Michigan with 2 losses one spot behind Us. What are They doing in the Top 25 at all with no QB, no passing game and sporadic running game. Their Defense may be excellent, but there isn't enough lipstick to put on the pig to keep it in the Top 25.
3. Oregon may be in the top 10 and undefeated, but I have a feeling that They will be getting a USC type lesson in playing Big Ten Road games at OSU next week.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Observations: 1. Way too much love for the old SEC Teams. 5 in the Top Ten. Come On.
2. Michigan with 2 losses one spot behind Us. What are They doing in the Top 25 at all with no QB, no passing game and sporadic running game. Their Defense may be excellent, but there isn't enough lipstick to put on the pig to keep it in the Top 25.
3. Oregon may be in the top 10 and undefeated, but I have a feeling that They will be getting a USC type lesson in playing Big Ten Road games at OSU next week.
That game is at Oregon.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
OSU plays at Oregon and that should be a whale of a game. Right now, Draftkings has OSU as a 4.5 point favorite

Feels good to look at the list above us and say on about half of them 'yeah, we could beat them' . :)

Not that we would, just that we woudn't go in afraid and I'd be feeling alright.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
One could also say that there is an assumption about OSU this year in the same way. They unquestionably have crazy talent and the history of success. But, until they have a game like Oregon, Penn State, Michigan (who they've lost quite a bit to lately, even when they've had more talent than them, just like they will this year), or (maybe, even) IU in that list of tests, we won't know anything truly about them. Now, OSU will probably pass all of those tests, but maybe they won't. I'm just saying there are just as many assumptions about our own "OG" Big 10 programs.

Reactions: 76-1
I saw the AP pole...and I watched three quarters of Utah v Arizona (so a small sample size to be sure)...man they do not look like a better team than the Hoosiers. Surprised to see them ranked as they are...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT