ADVERTISEMENT

Harris vs. Trump 2024

So what were the "polls" saying in VA prior to the 2022 midterms? You know when Youngkin was convinced the GOP was going to sweep both Houses of the Legislature?...

Polls in FL show a 3 point race and in Texas it's down to 5. Allred has a 2 point lead over Cruz. None of those 3 states are flipping...

And no way in hell Trump is within 3 points in VA, when polls show Harris and Stein ahead in NC...
Virginia goes to Harris.
Florida goes to Trump.
Texas goes to Trump.
Cruz wins.
NC goes to Trump

It's funny, we've been saying it all year, many of us, you and me included, if one of these dumbass parties would just dump their corpose and run someone who might live more than 18 months into their term, they'd be golden, and this is just the ultimate proof in the pudding. Harris won't die in office. She won't need help walking down a ramp. She won't turn to her side with eyes glazed over and talk to a potted plant. That's all it took. That's all America needed to swing this election, was someone whose heart still beats more than three times per minute.

I'm not disparaging Harris by any means, I've done that enough already, but so far she's offered very little to nothing different from Biden. But she's got energy. She can talk. She doesn't look like she's four cheeseburgers away from a coronary. That's what America wanted.

I believe she's much strongly leaning into her Prosecutor experience and trying to create an identity off of that.

I don't remember getting that reaction when she ran in 20. Her 20 run was where she leaped to the lead by her attack to Biden with her tag line 'that little girl was me'. She jumped to the leading candidate that summer after that to where Warren overtook her then Pete and then at the very end Biden after Clyburn spoke for him (if I remember that correctly in the timing) but again, my impression of her campaign in 20 was more race and gender identity who didn't have a consistent dynamic presence other than her one viral moment that summer. As I've said a ton, Pete was the one that reached me in 20 in regards to my personal preference of presidential presence.

Anyway last night I think she really went more into prosecutor mode in a that's what I am and what I bring for all Americans. Your personal prosecutor that will fight for all of you.

I think that's a great message and identity for her to learn into especially contrasting with Trump.

I think it's a clever move on her part especially with the strange timing that she's coming into a battle. Who do you want to go to if you only have two months to fight, a senator or a prosecutor? Her leaning into that again is the change I think from her 20 campaign.

Reactions: UncleMark
It's funny, we've been saying it all year, many of us, you and me included, if one of these dumbass parties would just dump their corpose and run someone who might live more than 18 months into their term, they'd be golden, and this is just the ultimate proof in the pudding. Harris won't die in office. She won't need help walking down a ramp. She won't turn to her side with eyes glazed over and talk to a potted plant. That's all it took. That's all America needed to swing this election, was someone whose heart still beats more than three times per minute.

I'm not disparaging Harris by any means, I've done that enough already, but so far she's offered very little to nothing different from Biden. But she's got energy. She can talk. She doesn't look like she's four cheeseburgers away from a coronary. That's what America wanted.
I said all along Harris would have more of a shot than people thought.

And we’re seeing why.

Trump compared to Biden was basically a coin flip, at least until the debate.

Trump compared to Harris is just not fair. He looks like Methuselah out there. A babbling, assholish Methuselah.

I said all along Harris would have more of a shot than people thought.

And we’re seeing why.

Trump compared to Biden was basically a coin flip, at least until the debate.

Trump compared to Harris is just not fair. He looks like Methuselah out there. A babbling, assholish Methuselah.
The sad part for you guys is that it's all on his end. You put any reasonably young Republican up there, and Harris isn't impressive at all. She only looks impressive because she's being compared to an expired can of Spam that happens to be on the sex offender registry.

dumbhoosier strikes again. FYI it’s your cult that rioted and tried to overthrow our democracy. And your Dear Leader is already priming the pump for the sequel. This time the cops and national guard will have guns at the ready. No treating you gingerly this time.
Hope they are armed with flamethrowers to welcome rioters from either side.

The sad part for you guys is that it's all on his end. You put any reasonably young Republican up there, and Harris isn't impressive at all. She only looks impressive because she's being compared to an expired can of Spam that happens to be on the sex offender registry.
That’s a bit harsh. She does check the boxes. Is she the most experienced, ready to govern candidate? Probably not. But the party has coalesced behind her and she might be the only candidate able to do that right now. Trump has a ceiling at about 45-46%. She doesn’t need a majority. Harris and Waltz will be favored in the upper Midwest and Pennsylvania. That’s all she needs.

Reactions: Bowlmania
K
That’s a bit harsh. She does check the boxes. Is she the most experienced, ready to govern candidate? Probably not. But the party has coalesced behind her and she might be the only candidate able to do that right now. Trump has a ceiling at about 45-46%. She doesn’t need a majority. Harris and Waltz will be favored in the upper Midwest and Pennsylvania. That’s all she needs.
Was and is Orange Jesus ready to govern? Of course not. My dead grandmother in her current state is better qualified. I don’t think people realize that had SCOTUS not intervened in 2000, the country would not have elected a Republican since 1988. That should tell people something about the where the country is. The majority do not want to go backwards. And the so called conservatives will say they don’t but just look at their history.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
K

Was and is Orange Jesus ready to govern? Of course not. My dead grandmother in her current state is better qualified. I don’t think people realize that had SCOTUS not intervened in 2000, the country would not have elected a Republican since 1988. That should tell people something about the where the country is. The majority do not want to go backwards. And the so called conservatives will say they don’t but just look at their history.
Your suggestion that if Gore had been declared the winner, the country would have elected Democrats from that point on is a stretch. This is a divided electorate and our history shows we move back and forth on a regular basis. I expect, and hope, that once Trump loses power in the Republican Party the party will return to its historic roots. If Harris wins, and especially if she is a two term POTUS, Republicans will need to adjust.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Your suggestion that if Gore had been declared the winner, the country would have elected Democrats from that point on is a stretch. This is a divided electorate and our history shows we move back and forth on a regular basis. I expect, and hope, that once Trump loses power in the Republican Party the party will return to its historic roots. If Harris wins, and especially if she is a two term POTUS, Republicans will need to adjust.
I absolutely hope the party goes back to normalcy. But I’m not sure it’s possible now due to the number of MAGA adherents in congress. It seems many are more concerned with clicks and tv appearances than actually governing. There will always be fringes in both parties. But they can not be allowed to drive the narrative. I believe the majority of people want the parties to compromise in order to make life better for everyone.

I absolutely hope the party goes back to normalcy. But I’m not sure it’s possible now due to the number of MAGA adherents in congress. It seems many are more concerned with clicks and tv appearances than actually governing. There will always be fringes in both parties. But they can not be allowed to drive the narrative. I believe the majority of people want the parties to compromise in order to make life better for everyone.
Politicians respond to losing.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Any thoughts on the normalcy from the left?

Any thoughts on the normalcy from the left?
Yeah they attempt to govern regardless of what you think of their policies. The MAGA crowd in the house has done absolutely nothing for 2 years. As I’ve said before I am a registered independent here in Florida. Before 2016 was a registered Republican in Indiana. I don’t want to be affiliated with any party. On social issues I’m fairly liberal and on fiscal issues fairly conservative. We have a gay son, an autistic son, multiple
mixed marriages in our family circle. I don’t really care what others think.
The fringes on the left side of the aisle are what they are. Fringe. Unfortunately the fringe on the right is now the majority and they are unwilling to compromise on anything that would be of benefit to the American people. The fringe on the left is small enough that they can’t control the policy decisions of the Democratic Party.
The MAGA element needs a good a** whipping in the upcoming election to eradicate the cancer that it is on the Republican Party.
From your posts you seem to be in lock step with them. Unfortunately there is no amount of rationalizing with the MAGA crowd that would bring you back into the mainstream. I just can’t stomach the grievance, whining, trashing the US, and the real hatred that spews from Agent Orange. I have a couple of friends that are in the cult and we don’t ever talk politics. That way we can remain friends. And we have way more in common than what we disagree on.
I think this will be my last post on the water cooler because I really don’t like all the negativity and just plain nastiness of which I’m guilty of at times. So respond as you like. I won’t be reading it. I’m going to try to delete the water cooler from my forums so I would never be tempted to look here again.

I’m curious about what happens if(when?) Trump loses.

What will the only Trumpers like DBM and Mas have to say then? I mean, other than “the election was stolen!!” bullshit. Which you know is coming if he loses.

It’s such a shame. Anyone but Trump would win this election going away.
Yeah they attempt to govern regardless of what you think of their policies. The MAGA crowd in the house has done absolutely nothing for 2 years. As I’ve said before I am a registered independent here in Florida. Before 2016 was a registered Republican in Indiana. I don’t want to be affiliated with any party. On social issues I’m fairly liberal and on fiscal issues fairly conservative. We have a gay son, an autistic son, multiple
The fringes on the left side of the aisle are what they are. Fringe. Unfortunately the fringe on the right is now the majority and they are unwilling to compromise on anything that would be of benefit to the American people. The fringe on the left is small enough that they can’t control the policy decisions of the Democratic Party.
The MAGA element needs a good a** whipping in the upcoming election to eradicate the cancer that it is on the Republican Party.
From your posts you seem to be in lock step with them. Unfortunately there is no amount of rationalizing with the MAGA crowd that would bring you back into the mainstream. I just can’t stomach the grievance, whining, trashing the US, and the real hatred that spews from Agent Orange. I have a couple of friends that are in the cult and we don’t ever talk politics. That way we can remain friends. And we have way more in common than what we disagree on.
I think this will be my last post on the water cooler because I really don’t like all the negativity and just plain nastiness of which I’m guilty of at times. So respond as you like. I won’t be reading it. I’m going to try to delete the water cooler from my forums so I would never be tempted to look here again.
Bye bye snowflake.

It’s probably for the best.

It’s not us, it’s you.

’m curious about what happens if(when?) Trump loses.

What will the only Trumpers like DBM and Mas have to say then? I mean, other than “the election was stolen!!” bullshit. Which you know is coming if he loses.

It’s such a shame. Anyone but Trump would win this election going away.
I assume they will spend 99% of their time whining. Hopefully the ones with money will spend the other 1% of the time understanding why they lost.

Reactions: Indyhorn
MagaMAGA rednecks are pathetic. My lord they are stupid.
Happy Donald Trump GIF by Team Trump

Frank is being a bit disengenuous here, since Chauncey McClean of Future Forward (which I've never heard of) made those remarks the weekend before the DNC. The tweet made it sound as if he's discusssing the state of the race today, rather than a week ago. A lot can happen in a weeks

McClean was also warning folks not to get too overconfidant, which is a standard tactic cautious politicos use to keep people motivated and working hard...Sort of a pep talk to guard against complacency.

I mean I could get complacent noting that between Kamala and Tim they've never lost a single race (14-0) with KH being 6-0 and Walz being 8-0. And both were far behind when they entered their first race (KH was at 6%) but they both managed to beat incumbents...So anyone that thinks they havent seen it all before and won't be ready for anything Trump?Vance throw their way is deluding themself.

Also if there are 10 states in play and Harris only needs to hold the Blue Wall to reach 270, does it really matter if GA and NV (for example) are not as rosy as the polling? And speaking of GA that is the state that both KH and TW are visitng this week, including a bus tour. The campaign has internal polls as well, and there is no way they'd be pouring post DNC time and $$ into GA if they didn't see an opening there.

NC is a real possibility because DANC's buddy Robinson is such a huge disaster, and as I predicted is a real albatross around Trump's neck. He is down double digits, and Trump is going to have to hope that a lot of the voters voting for Stein will crossover and vote for Trump. So two states (esp NC) that Trump unexpectedly has to invest time and $$ in, which diverts funds he'd rather spend in PA, MI and WI. Thurs night was huge because following her speech the Dems raised $7.2 million and had 200,000 volunteers sign up.

Here's ultimate Trump fanboy Eric Boling. He's not a happy camper...

Frank is being a bit disengenuous here, since Chauncey McClean of Future Forward (which I've never heard of) made those remarks the weekend before the DNC. The tweet made it sound as if he's discusssing the state of the race today, rather than a week ago. A lot can happen in a weeks

McClean was also warning folks not to get too overconfidant, which is a standard tactic cautious politicos use to keep people motivated and working hard...Sort of a pep talk to guard against complacency.

I mean I could get complacent noting that between Kamala and Tim they've never lost a single race (14-0) with KH being 6-0 and Walz being 8-0. And both were far behind when they entered their first race (KH was at 6%) but they both managed to beat incumbents...So anyone that thinks they havent seen it all before and won't be ready for anything Trump?Vance throw their way is deluding themself.

Also if there are 10 states in play and Harris only needs to hold the Blue Wall to reach 270, does it really matter if GA and NV (for example) are not as rosy as the polling? And speaking of GA that is the state that both KH and TW are visitng this week, including a bus tour. The campaign has internal polls as well, and there is no way they'd be pouring post DNC time and $$ into GA if they didn't see an opening there.

NC is a real possibility because DANC's buddy Robinson is such a huge disaster, and as I predicted is a real albatross around Trump's neck. He is down double digits, and Trump is going to have to hope that a lot of the voters voting for Stein will crossover and vote for Trump. So two states (esp NC) that Trump unexpectedly has to invest time and $$ in, which diverts funds he'd rather spend in PA, MI and WI. Thurs night was huge because following her speech the Dems raised $7.2 million and had 200,000 volunteers sign up.

Here's ultimate Trump fanboy Eric Boling. He's not a happy camper...

Atlanta resident here. Don’t count out Georgia for Harris. I’ll be surprised if the polls aren’t at least at toss up by Early October.

Imagine having this much TDS.
Basically, nothing different.
dumb.

Your brave Lord T is trying to get out of it completely.
You're clearly insane or have a reading comprehension issue. It's Harris who is wanting another rule change after agreeing to the debate. A debate that was already stacked entirely in her favor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT