ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to watch this game...

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
between Stiever's surprising struggles, Houston's continued mishaps, and these 2 kid announcers I'm forced to listen to. I still can't figure out how the B1G can force folks to pay for these games and hire amateur announcers. Greed much?

between Stiever's surprising struggles, Houston's continued mishaps, and these 2 kid announcers I'm forced to listen to. I still can't figure out how the B1G can force folks to pay for these games and hire amateur announcers. Greed much?
I do not like how they run BTN+ with the ridiculous prices, but I have no problem with the student announcers. I think that’s what they should do.

Reactions: Seyton
I do not like how they run BTN+ with the ridiculous prices, but I have no problem with the student announcers. I think that’s what they should do.
Depends on why they do it.

Journalism generally is a big fail with amateurs running the show after they booted the professionals and with untrained, gullible, thrilled youngsters getting low-paying jobs that won’t lead anywhere because there’s no money to be had in the end and with most incentives driven only toward click-bait rather than informed substance so the whole thing is a traveshamockery.

But I’m sure that’s not what BTN is about. They’re just selflessly giving back to the education of our yutes.

Journalism generally is a big fail with amateurs running the show after they booted the professionals and with untrained, gullible, thrilled youngsters getting low-paying jobs that won’t lead anywhere because there’s no money to be had in the end and with most incentives driven only toward click-bait rather than informed substance so the whole thing is a traveshamockery.

But I’m sure that’s not what BTN is about. They’re just selflessly giving back to the education of our yutes.
yute. what's a yute?

Nice cousin vinny reference.

Reactions: kmathum and mk23

Was Houston hurt at all, or just benched? I ask because it looked to me like he might have hurt his hand on the high hopper he misplayed.

Walker looked solid on both O & D while he was in there........JH better get his shit together, if it's not already too late.

Reactions: mk23
Was Houston hurt at all, or just benched? I ask because it looked to me like he might have hurt his hand on the high hopper he misplayed.

Walker looked solid on both O & D while he was in there........JH better get his shit together, if it's not already too late.

I really couldn't tell. Just seems he's really having a hard time with plays he made easily last year. I hope he gets it together soon because you can never have too many quality gloves up the middle. Between his bobbles in the field and having his necklace/cross in his mouth at the plate, I believe he's having some mental issues ala WCC a few years ago. Bright star who faded fast and never recovered.

BTW, I don't have a huge issue with students running the show, I just wish they were minimally competent. The dude in game one was overly excited when either team did anything (at all). The guys in game two were solid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT