ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson

will be interesting how the rest of that team transitions without the big canuck in the middle. Did I see Katz (?) or some service rank the top 40-80 players in the B1G this year, and they ended with B Smith as #1. The kid has been better than expected, but c'mon, life is going to be a lot different without Edey in the middle drawing double/triple teams.
I think it was Alex Bozich/Inside the Hall. I think it won't end up being Braden either, but he is the only returning first teamer. More strange to me that they had the Iowa kid second: Peyton Sandfort? And Rice 4th overall. I'd think he'd be 4th on our team: Ballo, Mbako, Reanu and Rice. But we did have 4 like in the top 22 or so, and yet Bozich picked us 4th in the conference. What's that say?

I think it was Alex Bozich/Inside the Hall. I think it won't end up being Braden either, but he is the only returning first teamer. More strange to me that they had the Iowa kid second: Peyton Sandfort? And Rice 4th overall. I'd think he'd be 4th on our team: Ballo, Mbako, Reanu and Rice. But we did have 4 like in the top 22 or so, and yet Bozich picked us 4th in the conference. What's that say?
worth about as much as preseason polls. You know how I feel about them.....polls are worthless until February. It will be an interesting season.

Yes it was Bozich. Those top 2 picks were real head scratchers, as well as picking Rice as our highest ranked player. We shall see.

Reactions: kkott
will be interesting how the rest of that team transitions without the big canuck in the middle. Did I see Katz (?) or some service rank the top 40-80 players in the B1G this year, and they ended with B Smith as #1. The kid has been better than expected, but c'mon, life is going to be a lot different without Edey in the middle drawing double/triple teams.
Blue Ribbon tabbed him 2nd team All-American recently and I’m sure many more publications will follow suit. Braden Smith has vastly outperformed his high school ranking and for that both he and Painter deserve endless credit. But that being said, this is the first year where he actually has “expectations”. Transitioning from feed Edey and don’t turn the ball over to preseason All-American is a monumental ask. He has struggled more times than not when teams played him straight up and didn’t sell out to stop Edey. He’ll see that every night this coming season.

I mean.. Yes.. Without Edey, those baseline drives will turn into alot of forced shots being deflected. He will have a good season, but not rhe best player lol.

Don't know if you ever listen to Sleepers, but they had a bit yesterday on Mullin's in home visits this week(IU, UConn, UK, UNC and UM). That was the first time I'd heard either of them say UK and they both did. Made me think they'd heard something from someone they trusted. I don't think I ever heard either of them comment on the "secret visit" the Mullins family supposedly made to IU in the last couple of weeks that a few on here said happened.
He's got to remind some of the Harrison twins? Then you have the Moreno domino, plus he left his high school at a time when the local competition was high. I don't know where he will go but he sounds like a kid that is looking at his options.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT