ADVERTISEMENT

$4.50 for a dozen eggs here in rural Kentucky

Huh? Are you suggesting eggs at $3/$4 a dozen is ok.

Got eggs today----at Kroger----$3.29. Not 7/11.
Dunno. Over $4 seemed high to me. Don’t really buy too many eggs because I’m allergic.

Also didn’t realize the Kamala caused the bird flu thing.

Dunno. Over $4 seemed high to me. Don’t really buy too many eggs because I’m allergic.

Also didn’t realize the Kamala caused the bird flu thing.
WHo said she did? Seems like when shit hits the fan, no democrat is responsible---Its always a flu, a pandemic or a war---Or the better "excuse"---A republicans faul. i.e Trump.. Never seen people so immuned to responsibility.

Democrats have basically controlled the WH for 12 of the past 16 years----yet hold no responisbility for anything bad---but somehow responsible for everything good.

Weird.

Unreal....Eggs here(So Indiana), at $3.79. Went to day, and bought this...

8 TV meals(4-$10)
Creamer
Coffee
Eggs
Waffles
French toast sticks
breakfast bars(10 pack)
2 , 12 packs of coke
Sugar
Grapes
Banana's
2 boxes of ceral

$93.48-----AFTER Kroger discount card; was $118.73
Soft drinks are outrageous. I go to lower level grocery stores because they generally have specials. The one I go to here has 4 6-packs of Sunkist Orange Zero Sugar for $12. Those are over $8 each at Publix. Another has 3 for 2 8-packs of Coke Zero. Again, normally over $8.

I never used to care about coupons or items on special or slightly off-brand/store brand items. Now, I won't buy anything unless it's on sale or has a coupon or the store is running a special.

I never shop at Publix anymore and that used to be my go-to place, especially, the deli. I don't get anything from the deli anymore. Harris-Teter here is owned by Kroger. I won't go there anymore, either. That's a lower level grocery here called Food Lion and I go there now. Also go to Aldi's for eggs and milk and other stapes. They are stupid cheap.

Just gotta be aware of cost nowadays, which I never was before.

Soft drinks are outrageous. I go to lower level grocery stores because they generally have specials. The one I go to here has 4 6-packs of Sunkist Orange Zero Sugar for $12. Those are over $8 each at Publix. Another has 3 for 2 8-packs of Coke Zero. Again, normally over $8.

I never used to care about coupons or items on special or slightly off-brand/store brand items. Now, I won't buy anything unless it's on sale or has a coupon or the store is running a special.

I never shop at Publix anymore and that used to be my go-to place, especially, the deli. I don't get anything from the deli anymore. Harris-Teter here is owned by Kroger. I won't go there anymore, either. That's a lower level grocery here called Food Lion and I go there now. Also go to Aldi's for eggs and milk and other stapes. They are stupid cheap.

Just gotta be aware of cost nowadays, which I never was before.
Same here...Always waiting for sales. I used to get frustrated with my wife, and the coupon thingy---or using our Kroger card; both are a life saver now. I shop only at Kroger, because it also helps me with gas; got 50 cents off today, due to our Kroger points.

I awlays, or usually wait for Kroger to have their "buy2 get 3 free", on 12 packs. Great deal. Getting 5, 12 packs, for $20 bucks.

Havent bought from the deli in a long time. And rarely by any type of meats---unless on sale. Nothing named brand. All Kroger brands.

Its depressing when you spend $90+, and can literally fit the bags in the seat next to you.

Reactions: DANC
I sometimes go to farmers markets for meats - they're usually pretty reasonable, and they do sell other produce.
We actually have quite a few here in my area; Southern Indiana. Some are close to us, and not a hassle to get to. Also have family that gives us veggies, from the farm, or garden. Friends as well.

When I actually buy meats, its usually from a family that were good friends with my grandfather. Decent prices.

I was almost done with soda altogether then this came out. I drink a sixer a week. ****ing crack.
I’ve at least forced myself to drink root beer when I’m jonesing for soft drinks. Many brands like Fitz’s or Sprecher use natural sweeteners like cane sugar or honey & there’s no caffeine. Still a lot of calories, but maybe a little less poisonous…

Nice try. Eggs are so high mainly because of bird flu that started in 2022 and significantly reduced egg supply.
The cultist morons who know nothing about micro or macro economics need the simplest explanations because they either lack the capacity to understand or it doesn’t fit their preconceived ideas based on their cult leaders puke speak.

Healthy choice meals-----for my wife..

Processed food, then tells me to make chicken thighs. The Healthy Choice meals are 10x better for her than chicken from Kroger, and its 110 different chemicals.

Have plenty of water.....And tea.

But thanks.
Hope you’re not giving her bottled water or any healthy choice meals wrapped in plastic. Plastic particles are showing up in our bloodstream and brain. And if you’re drinking tap water, well you know that’s got all kinds of chemicals. And don’t go outside because of the pollutants in the air we breath. And that air conditioned air in the house has all kinds of nasties in it. Simply, everything we do, eat, and consume has negate facts to our health. I eat things that my doctor says I shouldn’t, do lots of things that my wife says I shouldn’t and enjoy my life. God know when he will call me home and I’ll go probably kicking and screaming. Or maybe not.

If you live in rural KY and you aren't raising your own hens or buying eggs off a neighbor with hens, you are doing it all wrong. I get all my eggs from locals here in Bloomington. They are free range, cost me $3/dozen, and I buy a dozen a week.

The cultist morons who know nothing about micro or macro economics need the simplest explanations because they either lack the capacity to understand or it doesn’t fit their preconceived ideas based on their cult leaders puke speak.
Back out eggs. Your post is self reflecting ?

I don't know why anyone is complaining, just go to a local restaurant and order two meals with no appetizer. The cost is usually around 60.00 after tax, isn't that completely reasonable? Or better yet just go to Wendy's order two number ones and that will only cost you $30.00, and you get to witness some of the worst customer service you will ever see. Remember nothing the Democratic party does ever affects the "middle class", if you kept up with MSNBC or CNN you would already know. :)

For The People Yes GIF by Kamala Harris
love this picture, looks like she just crawled out from under a desk after performing a career enhancing move. The image of her in a serious meeting with world leaders is one of the funniest images ever. We are fvcked.

I don't know why anyone is complaining, just go to a local restaurant and order two meals with no appetizer. The cost is usually around 60.00 after tax, isn't that completely reasonable? Or better yet just go to Wendy's order two number ones and that will only cost you $30.00, and you get to witness some of the worst customer service you will ever see. Remember nothing the Democratic party does ever affects the "middle class", if you kept up with MSNBC or CNN you would already know. :)

Here's marked up Grubhub prices on Wendy's combos. I don't know what #1 is, but I'd guess it's the Dave's combo and two of those would be $22 total.
https://www.grubhub.com/restaurant/wendys-608-s-college-mall-rd-bloomington/5863456
Ate a good meal at Smokeworks in Bloomington on Friday. BBQ. Got out of there for $50, and that included an Old Fashioned and a meal for our daughter and they don't have a kids meal, so it was food for 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCCHoosier
love this picture, looks like she just crawled out from under a desk after performing a career enhancing move. The image of her in a serious meeting with world leaders is one of the funniest images ever. We are fvcked.
Yeah I hate seeing people smiling and having fun too. Move to Russia. You’ll get the world leader you desire. Of course you’ll go to a gulag for 10 years for posting anything negative about him. Do you hare all democrats or just anyone who’s black and female and kicking your dumb ass leaders ass?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Here's marked up Grubhub prices on Wendy's combos. I don't know what #1 is, but I'd guess it's the Dave's combo and two of those would be $22 total.

Ate a good meal at Smokeworks in Bloomington on Friday. BBQ. Got out of there for $50, and that included an Old Fashioned and a meal for our daughter and they don't have a kids meal, so it was food for 3.
Never do Grubhub so can't comment and really haven't been to Wendy's in forever but a friend went there recently and said he ordered two number one's with no extras and it was like 28.00. Gone are the days were a fast food meal was reasonable. The price to inflated food prices is less staff, poor service and less money.

I have no idea about Smokeworks? Took the wife out to Texas Roadhouse and we both drank diet cokes and had a meal an it cost just north of $60.00 after tip. I guess my typical 20% tip is going to get trimmed down to 10%, I have to find ways to limit my spending seems like a great place to start.

Oh, I did go to a Subway and their prices are through the roof as well. Funny thing was there was a cup by the register asking for tips, I left a note saying lower your prices. I thought it was a great tip?

Never do Grubhub so can't comment and really haven't been to Wendy's in forever but a friend went there recently and said he ordered two number one's with no extras and it was like 28.00. Gone are the days were a fast food meal was reasonable. The price to inflated food prices is less staff, poor service and less money.

I have no idea about Smokeworks? Took the wife out to Texas Roadhouse and we both drank diet cokes and had a meal an it cost just north of $60.00 after tip. I guess my typical 20% tip is going to get trimmed down to 10%, I have to find ways to limit my spending seems like a great place to start.

Oh, I did go to a Subway and their prices are through the roof as well. Funny thing was there was a cup by the register asking for tips, I left a note saying lower your prices. I thought it was a great tip?
If you can't afford to tip 20% for good service, then stay home or make different menu choices. Otherwise, I hope someone puts man goo in place of mayo on your sandwiches.

Reactions: sobester
I didnt include gas----which wasnt that bad since i had 50 cent off....Still cost me $46 to fill up. @$2.28 per gallom. Again, that was with 50-cents off.

Grocery prices are absurd. They just are. Cereal at $7? Pack of lunch meat $5-7? Milk at $2.28 Grapes at $2 per pound....tomatoes at $1.99...

I mean it literally cost you $30 to make a simple fukin ham, cheese and tomato sammy...
take your AR out and kill your own food. there are all kinds of wildlife in Borden, country boy can survive ask Hank

I’ve at least forced myself to drink root beer when I’m jonesing for soft drinks. Many brands like Fitz’s or Sprecher use natural sweeteners like cane sugar or honey & there’s no caffeine. Still a lot of calories, but maybe a little less poisonous…
A lot of calories and a day's worth of sugar in each bottle/can.

I love Root Beer, but the sugar forced me to stop drinking it.

Yeah I hate seeing people smiling and having fun too. Move to Russia. You’ll get the world leader you desire. Of course you’ll go to a gulag for 10 years for posting anything negative about him. Do you hare all democrats or just anyone who’s black and female and kicking your dumb ass leaders ass?
Or you can go to prison for going to a protest where a minority of protesters get violent, but you remain peaceful.

Or run for President and have multiple assassins after you.

Biden has nothing on Putin when it comes to political retribution.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
If you can't afford to tip 20% for good service, then stay home or make different menu choices. Otherwise, I hope someone puts man goo in place of mayo on your sandwiches.
I can afford it, the fact that 20% on what it use to cost is about the equivalent to 10% of the cost now. That last statement wasn't very nice, do you speak from experience? Good thing I don't get Mayo on anything.

Or you can go to prison for going to a protest where a minority of protesters get violent, but you remain peaceful.

Or run for President and have multiple assassins after you.

Biden has nothing on Putin when it comes to political retribution.
So is like 1500 a minority? Yep old Biden is getting the retribution on his son Hunter too. You got me there.

take your AR out and kill your own food. there are all kinds of wildlife in Borden, country boy can survive ask Hank
Sounds like a good time, if you want I can take you out and let you harvest your own food? We won't need an AR (although we could use one if you really wanted) but more conventional means like a shotgun or 300 caliber rifle. I don't live far from Borden when you are down this way let me know.

So is like 1500 a minority? Yep old Biden is getting the retribution on his son Hunter too. You got me there.
Yes, in a crowd of 10s of thousands, 1500 is a minority.

Didn't they teach math in B-school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT