ADVERTISEMENT

Half the national nightmare is over

Purdue is the bad outcome, Houston doesn’t even register.
Yep. I enjoyed KY getting beat early a lot more than Houston losing. I didn't even watch the late games. Watched our ladies get in a big hole and almost climb all the way out, and enjoying the NC St run. Live outside of Charlotte and my son went there. They've turned their season around with some good D!

Reactions: IU2Bgood
Thank you Duke for dispatching Houston. There still is Lurch and Purdue to curdle your digestion. Maybe next game.....
Purdue and UCONN are on a collision course to play one another. Purdue looks very good. They are shooting well. Spacing is great. Edey is absolutely going to get his 25+/10+ every game. If a team is to beat them, it will be because the team played very well and the supporting cast to Edey has a bad game.

Reactions: kkott
Yea. Rick Barnes isn’t beating them. Duke is too inexperienced. Probably a coin flip vs UConn. Not good!
Right! It's not good. As a Cubs fan for nearly 65 years, I'm beginning to understand the anxiety and uneasy anticipation that my Cards buddies experienced leading up to the Cubs finally getting "in" the WS, then winning it. It's 2024....an election year, as was 2016 when the Cubs won. It's the year of the eclipse and the cicadas. It may be PU's "time." And....they're pretty damn good. I'm going to go throw up now.

Right! It's not good. As a Cubs fan for nearly 65 years, I'm beginning to understand the anxiety and uneasy anticipation that my Cards buddies experienced leading up to the Cubs finally getting "in" the WS, then winning it. It's 2024....an election year, as was 2016 when the Cubs won. It's the year of the eclipse and the cicadas. It may be PU's "time." And....they're pretty damn good. I'm going to go throw up now.
I am ambivalent toward Sampson now, so would have strongly preferred Houston over Duke, Purdue, UConn, and even Illinois.

As a Cardinals fan -- and I think most Cardinals fans felt this way -- we were quietly rooting for the Cubs. We were tired of hearing about 'the Curse' and all the 'Lovable Loser' stuff (when their payroll is always near the top of MLB**). The only downside was having to retire the meme with an image of the Titanic sinking with the caption "Still More Recent Than the Cubs Winning the World Series". :)

** Applied to the Red Sox, too, before 2004. Always the 2nd highest payroll, by far, but long time since last WS win. They were just the Yankees, but made poor personnel moves. Nothing lovable about that.

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
I am ambivalent toward Sampson now, so would have strongly preferred Houston over Duke, Purdue, UConn, and even Illinois.

As a Cardinals fan -- and I think most Cardinals fans felt this way -- we were quietly rooting for the Cubs. We were tired of hearing about 'the Curse' and all the 'Lovable Loser' stuff (when their payroll is always near the top of MLB**). The only downside was having to retire the meme with an image of the Titanic sinking with the caption "Still More Recent Than the Cubs Winning the World Series". :)

** Applied to the Red Sox, too, before 2004. Always the 2nd highest payroll, by far, but long time since last WS win. They were just the Yankees, but made poor personnel moves. Nothing lovable about that.
Houston just laid an egg last night and Shead going down with the ankle injury didn't help their chances. But they still had plenty of opportunities. There were so many offensive deep rebounds that went in Duke's favor and they took advantage of them. Illinois is on fire, but I just can't see them getting past UCONN. Crazy tournament! This may be my worst effort filling out brackets🤣

My Cardinals buddies have constantly broken my balls over the Cubbies coming up empty year after year. They were relentless, but I do have a great deal of respect for the Cardinals franchise. Very knowledgeable fanbase. I've always had a good time attending games in St. Louis. That Titanic reference is priceless🤣 After the "Bartman" game, I thought, "JHC! First the curse of the billy goat. The black cat crossing in front of Santo and now this poor sap, Bartman." I was at a game in Wrigley years ago and some kid was wearing a shirt that read, "Every team has a bad century now and then."🤣

Last edited:
Houston just laid an egg last night and Shead going down with the ankle injury didn't help their chances. But they still had plenty of opportunities. There were so many offensive deep rebounds that went in Duke's favor and they took advantage of them. Illinois is on fire, but I just can't see them getting past UCONN. Crazy tournament! This may be my worst effort filling out brackets🤣

My Cardinals buddies have constantly broken my balls over the Cubbies coming up empty year after year. They were relentless, but I do have a great deal of respect for the Cardinals franchise. Very knowledgeable fanbase. I've always had a good time attending games in St. Louis. That Titanic reference is priceless🤣 After the "Bartman" game, I thought, "JHC! First the curse of the billy goat. The black cat crossing in front of Santo and now this poor sap, Bartman." I was at a game in Wrigley years ago and some kid was wearing a shirt that read, "Every team has a bad century now and then."🤣
If Shead had played the entire game, Houston wins.

Sampson has been the best coach IU has had since RMK, hands down. I'd take him back in a second over what we have currently.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Purdue and UCONN are on a collision course to play one another. Purdue looks very good. They are shooting well. Spacing is great. Edey is absolutely going to get his 25+/10+ every game. If a team is to beat them, it will be because the team played very well and the supporting cast to Edey has a bad game.
Pressuring Purdue's guards into bad decisions and bad shots is the key.

But I think everyone wants to see UConn try to guard Edey. That is the match up people want to see.

Reactions: TheCainer
Tenn is gonna win.
Tenn pg Zeigler was SEC defensive player of the year. He totally harrasses the opposing pg for 40 mins. He gets over screens and creates havoc. If he can keep Smith from getting downhill, that can disrupt PU’s offense. I’m interested to see that, because Smith has been getting in the paint off of ball screens every game. He gets 3 or 4 layups and sets up their shooters off of that action. This could make a big difference.

Pressuring Purdue's guards into bad decisions and bad shots is the key.

But I think everyone wants to see UConn try to guard Edey. That is the match up people want to see.
I'd like to see Edey trying to guard UConn. With their speed he'll be lucky to be back on the defensive side of the court before they are putting the ball in the basket.

I'd like to see Edey trying to guard UConn. With their speed he'll be lucky to be back on the defensive side of the court before they are putting the ball in the basket.
He doesn't guard anyone. He runs over or through people and expects to get the whistle.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer and 76-1
They’re gonna beat young Duke easily.

UConn is the one who could beat them, and that’s not a lock.

Just don't understand wanting Duke to win another one.
don't think anybody could understand it, i find duke and pu much more detestable than houston regardless of any thought of sampson being there, wanted them to win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT