ADVERTISEMENT

Half the national nightmare is over

FTs are 31-11
13 fouls called against players fouling Edey. This is an enormous advantage for Purdue. Not only do they get the points, but the other team has to pull players. Not saying fouls aren't happening, but Edey fouls nearly as much as it happens to him. It's just not called on him as much.

13 fouls called against players fouling Edey. This is an enormous advantage for Purdue. Not only do they get the points, but the other team has to pull players. Not saying fouls aren't happening, but Edey fouls nearly as much as it happens to him. It's just not called on him as much.
He pushed off several times without a call.

Reactions: aajohn2000
135 games of folks saying he is fouling slot without one deviation in the statistical pattern?

135 games of folks saying he is fouling a lot without barely a deviation in the statistical pattern. A mass officiating conspiracy involving hundreds of officials and those who employ them to protect one man and one NCAA team.

Sampson has been the best coach IU has had since RMK, hands down. I'd take him back in a second over what we have currently.
I wouldn't want Sampson even as a hypothetical. He's slimey as hell. He had his chance here.

But I remember watching Oklahoma pull out a game over Texas Tech and Bob Knight when the game had looked strongly in Techs favor at two minutes to go. Sampson kept coaching, Bobby sat on his hands while his guys made a few bad trips, and by the time Knight knew what hit him and called time out it went the other way and Oklahoma won one they shouldn't have.

I told several people, "Man, I wish Indiana could get a coach like that." I meant it. So I felt good when he was hired.

I was wrong to be happy, as it turned out. But he's a good coach. For basketball anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT