ADVERTISEMENT

Had to blindly choose between 3 kids for an 8u baseball team

WER4IU

Freshman
Nov 9, 2011
I don't know the one I picked, but I had first choice....was told his mom was single and she'll bring snacks...sight unseen he's my starting RF....

The parents always come into play in the last rounds of picks.

Hot moms' kids always get picked first. Drunk dads' kids always get picked last. Those are my favorite rounds of the draft. I loathe the first few rounds where everyone argues about how chitty their options are even though they are their own kids and former all-stars.

I wish there was a like button BGunn...it was a blast.....

I'm in a really small town and my kid is one of about 4 decent players in the league, the rest? Who f'n knows....ya try to pic on "name" and you get an idiot cousin....single mom +snacks? Win/Win....even if she's a metric ton...which I'm certain she is...

Coached for 3 years

or I should say, helped coach for youngest son's teams. 8-10 yr olds. Man, that was a lot of fun. Won the league one year, finished 3rd and in the lower half the other 2. Enjoy it, dude. Good times.

Thanks, I do and will

I'm in my 3rd year now and my first as HC....I travel a lot and am trying to make time, but it's sometimes scary how you can get a feel even at this age....who will progress, and who will regress....I've coached basketball for years, but baseball at this age takes "attentiveness" mixed with some desire and attitude to be good....basketball? I have about 3 kids who are just bigger, stronger, and more aggressive than everyone else. Baseball quickly seperates tge wheat from the chaff....if she brings snacks she can bring the chaff too...

This is my son's last year of Rec baseball....

I've been coaching him since he was in 1st grade. It's been so much fun. I'm going to miss it like crazy.

This is my 3rd season coaching my son's team this year where

we move up from coach pitch to kid pitch, that will be interesting. Just hoping we don't have too many afraid of the ball while batting.

Many will be afraid....

but they'll get over that. What you really need to guard against is kids going up to the plate hoping to just get walked. Encourage them to be aggressive, even if they don't have much success at first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT