ADVERTISEMENT

Governors Cup Winners Over p u for the 9th Time

A lot of sports nobody gives a flick. Congrats. Go Cross Country

Mark Spitz would disagree.
So would Lilly King.
And Sam Bell.
And others.

"You" not giving a flick is not the same as "nobody" giving a flick.
Ask Nike.
Nike wasn't built on football or basketball.
It was a track and field thing.
They give billions of flicks.

I don't know crap about field hockey rules.
But when it was my kid playing for a state championship - I cared lots of flicks.

(PS - a "flick off" decides a lot of field hockey matches. It is what soccer calls "penalty kicks" - which is strange - why is a tie equated to a penalty in soccer?)

From the IU Website:

Few universities, or even nations can match Indiana University's overall Olympic record. Indiana boasts 223 total Olympic berths, representing 25 countries. Indiana represented the countries of Egypt and Slovenia for the first time at the 2016 Games in Rio. In addition, on 15 occasions, Olympic coaches have come from Indiana.

The Indiana University athlete medal count is at 104 including 55 gold, 17 silver and 32 bronze after Rio. The Hoosiers have earned a medal at every Olympic Games they have competed in except 2004. The most productive year was 1968, with 17 medals for IU competitors in Mexico City.

Indiana Olympic Notes

223 Olympic Berths (including coaches, judges, & other representation)
100 Men's Swimming and Diving
39 Men's Track and Field
30 Women's Swimming and Diving
9 Men's Basketball
7 Men's Soccer
7 Wrestling
5 Men's Cycling
5 Fencing
3 Women's Track and Field
2 Baseball
2 Women's Basketball
2 Softball
2 Field Hockey
2 Canoe
2 Men's Tennis
2 Women's Soccer
1 Modern Pentathlon
1 Rifle
1 Sailing
1 Women's Volleyball

Total IU Medals
55 Gold Medals
17 Silver Medals
32 Bronze Medals

Mark Spitz would disagree.
So would Lilly King.
And Sam Bell.
And others.

"You" not giving a flick is not the same as "nobody" giving a flick.
Ask Nike.
Nike wasn't built on football or basketball.
It was a track and field thing.
They give billions of flicks.

I don't know crap about field hockey rules.
But when it was my kid playing for a state championship - I cared lots of flicks.

(PS - a "flick off" decides a lot of field hockey matches. It is what soccer calls "penalty kicks" - which is strange - why is a tie equated to a penalty in soccer?)

From the IU Website:

Few universities, or even nations can match Indiana University's overall Olympic record. Indiana boasts 223 total Olympic berths, representing 25 countries. Indiana represented the countries of Egypt and Slovenia for the first time at the 2016 Games in Rio. In addition, on 15 occasions, Olympic coaches have come from Indiana.

The Indiana University athlete medal count is at 104 including 55 gold, 17 silver and 32 bronze after Rio. The Hoosiers have earned a medal at every Olympic Games they have competed in except 2004. The most productive year was 1968, with 17 medals for IU competitors in Mexico City.

Indiana Olympic Notes

223 Olympic Berths (including coaches, judges, & other representation)
100 Men's Swimming and Diving
39 Men's Track and Field
30 Women's Swimming and Diving
9 Men's Basketball
7 Men's Soccer
7 Wrestling
5 Men's Cycling
5 Fencing
3 Women's Track and Field
2 Baseball
2 Women's Basketball
2 Softball
2 Field Hockey
2 Canoe
2 Men's Tennis
2 Women's Soccer
1 Modern Pentathlon
1 Rifle
1 Sailing
1 Women's Volleyball

Total IU Medals
55 Gold Medals
17 Silver Medals
32 Bronze Medals

Appreciate the post.

Well Done.

I highly doubt the p u faithful can even grasp the concept of Olympic medals and multiple Championships however... Remember (when attempting to discuss sports Championships with them) that their most revered sports alum won his claim to posterity somewhere other than p u (UCLA), while pioneering the model for modern day cheating (buying players and refs with a cutout...).:rolleyes:

Exceptionally pathetic group those p u faithful. With any luck they'll all "Flick Off" and the board won't be cluttered by their clueless drivel ever again...

You may have rediscovered the key to the anti- p u fan formula My Team Is On The Floor. Talking Championships shuts them up fairly rapidly...;)

If talking Championships doesn't get rid of them..., ask them about the Music City Bowl...
Looked like Auburn had an eighth string, all walk-on lineup out there at the end and they still had to take a knee to keep from running it up (tough to do when you have 56 points at halftime)...;)

It's a sign the athletic department as a whole is having success, even though there hasn't been much in the two high profile sports.

It's impressive considering IU has a guaranteed win every year that doesn't happen since PU doesn't offer men's soccer.

Reactions: muubell and 76-1
It's a sign the athletic department as a whole is having success, even though there hasn't been much in the two high profile sports.

It's impressive considering IU has a guaranteed win every year that doesn't happen since PU doesn't offer men's soccer.

Which is fairly amazing, considering that p u has had a decent "club" team up there for decades... Seems obvious that they don't want to certify it just to avoid getting their butts kicked twice a year. Even Butler and Evansville have NCAA soccer teams...

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT