ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Pritzker calls up National Guard, declares disaster after Texas buses 500 migrants to Chicago

I'm not sure where this ends (Texas's new policy of busing migrants and Chicago's response) but I don't think it is going to be pretty.
Calling up the National Guard for some poor immigrants?

Obviously a racist.

That is childish and pathetic to bus people to someone's residence.

It's one thing to coordinate the transfer of immigrants. It's quite another just be dropping them off unannounced wherever you d*** well please.
Abbie Hoffman would approve the political theater. Personally, I think what we have a Biblical Migration in progress. Deal with the problem.

Can someone explain to me how spending taxpayer money to ship two plane loads of immigrants all the way to Martha's Vineyard is "fiscally conservative" rather than just a "look at me pwning the libs so that I can trend on twitter" stunt?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and UncleMark
To DBM, Cray, Bailey and others this is all just one big game to laugh at. Never mind the actual human impacts.
What a joke - I don't see you mourning the many who have died, drowning in the Rio Grande, raped in the desert, or being children 5 years old abandoned by their parents on their way to the US.

No, you encourage it by not supporting enforcement of immigration laws.

For that, Biden should, and hopefully will be, impeached. His total dereliction of his duties as President is repugnant.

Immigration is a national LEGAL issue, but because there is no compromise in DC these days, it disadvantages Texas and Florida and Arizona and California unequally.

Much worse, for the last 5 to 6 years the Democratic Party has attempted to paint anyone who disagrees with them about any issue as a bigot, especially in the immigration law area. People who merely claimed that immigration laws should be enforced were painted as bigots. Meanwhile, democrat officials in multiple cities and states across the nation set themselves up as “far more moral than all of the GOP bigots” and falsely claimed that they were sanctuaries where immigrants, legal or otherwise, could come and find refuge from the GOP bigots. And I, for one, find it to be social justice to watch them flail when faced with the same problems their civil contemporaries face in these unequally burdened states. Their immigration chickens have come home to roost. Their hypocrisy is flying in the wind, and November is coming.
MTIOTF, agree with you on this point,

Immigration is a national LEGAL issue, but because there is no compromise in DC these days, it disadvantages Texas and Florida and Arizona and California unequally.

These states have Senators and Congressmen from both parties who could caucus together and develop a compromised solution to revamping our immigration laws. This could then be the basis for the entire Congress to pass new legislation,

Playing politics with this issue along with state governors feeling the need to over step their authority isn't going to solve the problems IMO.

the not keeping violent criminals and thieves in jail/prison thing is absolutely killing Dems in every election.

people getting time for drug possession and low level dealing sparked legitimate outrage from liberals.

but somehow the idea of doing away with harsh treatment of drug possessors and low level dealers got hijacked by some malevolent morons, who somehow were able to leverage proposed sanity in dealing with such, into total and complete insanity in dealing with violent criminals and hard core thieves.

Dems better get their act together and fix this fast. like starting yesterday.

do so, along with backing the working class again, and they start dominating elections again.

don't, and they are just as responsible as anyone if our democracy gets hijacked.
How exactly is our democracy being hijacked if the Dems keep it up and they get voted out?

They actually are illegal if they come over or around the wall. To be legal asylum seeker they need to come in through a legal port of entry and file the appropriate documents. I am not against immigration, just illegal immigration as are most of the immigrants that came in the right way and awaiting citizenship. Please tell me what was wrong with the wait in Mexico policy which Mexico was ok with. Give us time to process their documents?
That's how the Trump administration handled it and it was working.

Biden and and Mayorkas should both be impeached.

Reactions: ulrey
I'm sure if we were a well adjusted polity there would be little acrimony relative to this transfer of humans from one area to another. I suspect Chicago, as a sanctuary city, would reach out to Texas and Florida and work out a plan to house these humans while their various claims (legitimate and not) are processed. And Texas and Florida would make every accommodation in the transfer of these humans from point A to point B. And we'd hear very little about it.

But we're not. And DeSantis is quickly proving he's not fit to be president. F*cking trolls. We talk about not feeding them here but we keep doing it by electing them, don't we?

We really are a clown show at this point.
You're usually at least reasonable. Blaming Desantis for this shit-show is ridiculous.

Blame the Biden administration and its policies - they have forced governors' hands. Even the mayor of El Paso - a Democrat - is bussing them out of town.

we spend a zillion dollars on a military, but have little to no good judgement on how to use it.

we could start with sending our military to Haiti, setting up a legit govt there, and making the place safe.

then use our military to make things safe in South America and Central America, especially places where we had a big hand in f'ing things up in the first place.

treating drug use as a medical problem instead of a criminal problem, and encourage other countries to do the same, would help a lot as well, as the illegality of drugs is a huge driver of things being unsafe for residents many places south of our border.

and that unsafety is a huge driver of immigration.

that said, i legitimately wonder just how much the RNC actually wants this problem solved.

solving much of the immigration problem to go along with states now having the say on abortion, would be a death knell to the current GOP.

making life better for billionaires would be what the GOP would be left with, and that doesn't sell all that well with most voters.

Biden is a divisive pos. No different than Ron. Would Biden have been that way a decade ago? I don’t think so. I think this is our new world order unless we see systemic changes - media, tv shows, social media etc.
Biden didn't have handlers back then who treated him like a puppet.

At this point, he's just a mouthpiece - and not a very good one at that.

Abbie Hoffman would approve the political theater. Personally, I think what we have a Biblical Migration in progress. Deal with the problem.

It was just to piss off / annoy the politician on the other side of the aisle. To deal with the problem, how about bus them back to Abbotts home at 2am in the morning. Maybe tell the driver to start blaring his horn when he arrives.

how's that for a solution?

start with a mirror.

I'm guessing mr. middle of the road won't be naming dbmhoosier, cohoosier, bailey, lucy, danc, etc lol

Those posters get their info from a wide variety of very reliable sources lol.

Now imagine Hillary Clinton responding to that question. Say what you will about her, but she would have nailed it.

This really is what happens when C students get jobs.
Really? How would she have answered it as VP - a VP who was put in charge of the border and created such a disaster?

How exactly is our democracy being hijacked if the Dems keep it up and they get voted out?

because it will be a huge driver in why they got voted out.

and Magas who get voted in are the ones wanting to hijack it.

it's the biggest reason Dems lose elections they lose now, and the biggest contributor to whites not liking blacks.

imo much of today's racism isn't about skin color, but about crime.

i don't care what polls say, feeling/being safe is peoples number one political want.

ever spend much time in "the hood".

some of the prettiest tree lined streets and best locations in many cities.

people, including black families that can afford to get out, don't avoid living in the hood because of the blacks.

they avoid it because of the crime. (which a lot, not all, of the black leaders need to take responsibility for perpetuating).

Last edited:
Blame the Biden administration and its policies - they have forced governors' hands. Even the mayor of El Paso - a Democrat - is bussing them out of town.
I'm not saying I don't blame Biden. I said the whole damn thing is broken. That includes the feds. But, to be sure for DeSantis, this is a political stunt. And one that involves human beings.

Really? How would she have answered it as VP - a VP who was put in charge of the border and created such a disaster?
Competently.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and DANC
Can someone explain to me how spending taxpayer money to ship two plane loads of immigrants all the way to Martha's Vineyard is "fiscally conservative" rather than just a "look at me pwning the libs so that I can trend on twitter" stunt?
Don't worry - it's not your money. It's the government's, remember?

I'm not saying I don't blame Biden. I said the whole damn thing is broken. That includes the feds. But, to be sure for DeSantis, this is a political stunt. And one that involves human beings.

Competently.
Well, the fact is, she couldn't answer honestly or competently without exposing herself as being INcompetent at her job.

She and Biden both have that in common.

Going off on Desantis for being political is beneath you. You know it's all political, at this point. You just seem to be mad Republicans are better at it now.

Going off on Desantis for being political is beneath you. You know it's all political, at this point. You just seem to be mad Republicans are better at it now.
I like to keep my options open.

I would have respected all of them (Abbott, Pritzker, DeSantis, whoever) far more if they hadn't turned it into a show. Imagine if they would have just called one another and arranged this without making a show of it.

So while Republicans might be better now (debatable), we're still playing a stupid game which isn't helping. Are we really too far gone to accept competency anymore? Or do we just want to own the other side and the 24 hour news cycle?

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I imagine the cost of this...

...Is comparatively small compared to the cost of this

It was just to piss off / annoy the politician on the other side of the aisle. To deal with the problem, how about bus them back to Abbotts home at 2am in the morning. Maybe tell the driver to start blaring his horn when he arrives.

how's that for a solution?
Childish.

No person may knowingly transport an undocumented person within the United States, and Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis just did. Specifically, their stunt violates Section 274(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which makes it a federal crime to transport undocumented persons across state lines. Their stunt may also meet the legal definition of human trafficking.

History tells us the great majority of Republicans and Democrats Congressmen will not lose in primaries or in the general election (*). Thus the Dems and Pubs for the most part are here to stay.

So not only are they here to stay but they are politicians, and not the kind of legislators likely to update our immigration laws. Politicians are known for their rhetoric, as in speeches or campaign advertisements. They are especially known for using common themes that allow them to develop their political positions in terms familiar to the voters. What is needed are legislators who collaborate and negotiate with other legislators to resolve differences and reach agreements.

(*) Since 2000, a total of 39 House incumbents have lost their primaries; in only five of those cases did their seats flip to the other party.

No person may knowingly transport an undocumented person within the United States, and Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis just did. Specifically, their stunt violates Section 274(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which makes it a federal crime to transport undocumented persons across state lines. Their stunt may also meet the legal definition of human trafficking.

Maybe they knew Trump would want some cell mates?

They should keep moving them to D.C. and to areas like Martha's Vineyard where the D.C. "elite" (I use that term extremely loosely) go to unwind.

Let them see some of the consequences of their own actions...or lack thereof.
They are at Martha’s Vineyard and they are getting help. These people are actually acting like Christians. As opposed to the Christians ( I use that term very loosely) who are using human beings as political pawns. I can’t think of much more repulsive.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
Don’t think so:

Reactions: vesuvius13
It saves taxpayer money by not needing to provide for the illegals and the real reason is to raise awareness within the Biden community that refuses to go to the border and see what is happening.

this volunteer in Martha's Vineyard summarizes the DeSantis stunt quite well

Fcsg7-uXoAAHVmU
So let me get this straight. Governor DeSantis uses Florida taxpayer money to send two planes with migrants from San Antonio TX to Martha's Vineyard, an island off the Massachusetts coast. The migrants had been told they were being flown to Boston with ample housing and job opportunities. Local (Martha's Vineyard) officials had no knowledge of the incoming flights until 20 minutes before the planes landed. They had to scramble to find food and shelter for dozens of migrants, including women and children, stranded on a tarmac.

Martha's Vineyard, vacation spot and summer home for mostly wealthy Dems, is essentially dead from Labor Day to Memorial Day. It's an island community with limited resources. There are fewer than 20,000 permanent residents.

Only a piece of shit would do this.

So let me get this straight. Governor DeSantis uses Florida taxpayer money to send two planes with migrants from San Antonio TX to Martha's Vineyard, an island off the Massachusetts coast. The migrants had been told they were being flown to Boston with ample housing and job opportunities. Local (Martha's Vineyard) officials had no knowledge of the incoming flights until 20 minutes before the planes landed. They had to scramble to find food and shelter for dozens of migrants, including women and children, stranded on a tarmac.

Martha's Vineyard, vacation spot and summer home for mostly wealthy Dems, is essentially dead from Labor Day to Memorial Day. It's an island community with limited resources. There are fewer than 20,000 permanent residents.

Only a piece of shit would do this.
don't worry, our resident conservatives will keep defending these pieces of shit.

And they actually acted like REAL Christians and are helping to take care of them. Pathetic and repulsive using humans as pawns in their political games. Yes, that’s exactly what Jesus would do.
And they are laughing and making fun of Governors like Pritzker who are actually rallying and trying to help these people. Who would have gladly taken these people had the governors of Texas and Florida just picked up the phone and asked. But no. Better to pwn the libs.

We have plenty of room and could use a shot of diversity here in Indiana. Bring em here.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

Competently.
I'm not sure this stunt plays well with anyone other than the MAGAts and might just come back to haunt him in the primary season. I don't think having just the MAGAts is enough, as 2020 showed.

DeSantis not only used tax payer money to send immigrants from Texas, not Florida, to Martha's Vineyard, but he also sent a someone to record it.

Dude is on another level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT