ADVERTISEMENT

golf cheaters

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
why would you want your friends to think you're a lucysucker, honest question is 800 dollars' worth it to expose yourself as a piece of shit? disappointing to say the least. I'll still golf with the jackass but not going to gamble with him anymore. helluva golfer to go into the water duff a shot 2 feet and get a bogey

why would you want your friends to think you're a lucysucker, honest question is 800 dollars' worth it to expose yourself as a piece of shit? disappointing to say the least. I'll still golf with the jackass but not going to gamble with him anymore. helluva golfer to go into the water duff a shot 2 feet and get a bogey
Could see it on a par 5 for sure.

"Dammit, Bernie, I'm a busy man!" (frustrated Bob to Bernie Souers, WTTV program director for many years).
nothing funnier than watching him launch that sand wedge into the trees while muttering some new hybrid 4 letter words.

RMK chuncks another sand shot:
Sam "ah, that's ok coach...."

RMK" nah, that was a shitty F#cken shot...that's what that was...this could take us to late ta F#cken afternoon to get this done...."

nothing funnier than watching him launch that sand wedge into the trees while muttering some new hybrid 4 letter words.

RMK chuncks another sand shot:
Sam "ah, that's ok coach...."

RMK" nah, that was a shitty F#cken shot...that's what that was...this could take us to late ta F#cken afternoon to get this done...."
Did Bob Knight ever actually play a round of golf? Does anyone here know of someone who played with him and has stories to tell? I find it hard to believe he found enough joy in the game to engage himself in this kind of activity, to put himself in that position.

Was there a Part 1 to this rant?
Part 1 is called the “front nine”, the warmup act to this ball and club game. Golf is a cruel sport, capable of bringing nearly everyone, including the most powerful and arrogant assholes at work, to their knees in humiliation. All it takes is a hosel hit off the first tee to initiate the snickers of others and ruin a round. Mulligans are offered to the weak.

Part 1 is called the “front nine”, the warmup act to this ball and club game. Golf is a cruel sport, capable of bringing nearly everyone, including the most powerful and arrogant assholes at work, to their knees in humiliation. All it takes is a hosel hit off the first tee to initiate the snickers of others and ruin a round. Mulligans are offered to the weak.

only morons and idiots don't take Mulligans outside tournament play.

the more Mulligans you take, the happier person you will be.

and don't even get me going on the total insanity of keeping score.

signed,

someone who has learned how to actually enjoy golf.

only morons and idiots don't take Mulligans outside tournament play.

the more Mulligans you take, the happier person you will be.

and don't even get me going on the total insanity of keeping score.

signed,

someone who has learned how to actually enjoy golf.
You may enjoy it, but I bet you’re not very good at it. Those who play well, play a lot of golf. Those who don’t play well play less frequently before finally weeding themselves out, switching to less time consuming games of chance. There are a lot of lonely golf widows out there, at least they want you to think they’re lonely during your long afternoons spent with the other boys while she satisfies the taste of her boy.

When I play , I consider it a good round if I find more balls than I lose . One time I found 16 balls , and didn’t lose any for nine holes . I consider that the best round of my life .

When I play , I consider it a good round if I find more balls than I lose . One time I found 16 balls , and didn’t lose any for nine holes . I consider that the best round of my life .
Humbleness is running out of balls on the front nine and having to ask your partner to “borrow a couple”.

Frustration is walking into a shallow creek to retrieve your ball, not taking off your golf shoes just so you don’t slow play any longer than you already have and will.

Dumbfoundedness is approaching the first hole green, only to discover your pitching wedge is missing. It never happens to the 2-iron.

Embarrassment is whiffing on the tee of a par 3. The only thing more embarrassing than whiffing your first shot is whiffing your second shot.

Sheepishness is a 10’ uphill putt after a 20’ uphill putt.

Exasperation is playing your second shot from the lady’s tee box.

I’ve done them all except for two whiffs in a row…I’m not THAT bad!

Thankfully, bowling has far fewer ways to screw up.

Did Bob Knight ever actually play a round of golf? Does anyone here know of someone who played with him and has stories to tell? I find it hard to believe he found enough joy in the game to engage himself in this kind of activity, to put himself in that position.
I think I remember coach throwing his clubs in a water hazard (pond). Can anyone confirm or add details?

Humbleness is running out of balls on the front nine and having to ask your partner to “borrow a couple”.

Frustration is walking into a shallow creek to retrieve your ball, not taking off your golf shoes just so you don’t slow play any longer than you already have and will.

Dumbfoundedness is approaching the first hole green, only to discover your pitching wedge is missing. It never happens to the 2-iron.

Embarrassment is whiffing on the tee of a par 3. The only thing more embarrassing than whiffing your first shot is whiffing your second shot.

Sheepishness is a 10’ uphill putt after a 20’ uphill putt.

Exasperation is playing your second shot from the lady’s tee box.

I’ve done them all except for two whiffs in a row…I’m not THAT bad!

Thankfully, bowling has far fewer ways to screw up.
My father had a painting in the house that had two guys looking for a ball in knee high grass. The caption was “Golf, you are never to old to quit.”

• Haha
Reactions: 82IU
I think I remember coach throwing his clubs in a water hazard (pond). Can anyone confirm or add details?
The story I heard was Knight threw his clubs into a pond but had to come back later to retrieve his car keys from the golf bag which was well out in the water. Whether it was true or not it made a good story.

The story I heard was Knight threw his clubs into a pond but had to come back later to retrieve his car keys from the golf bag which was well out in the water. Whether it was true or not it made a good story.
I've heard a story that coach was seen in a tree retrieving a club he launched there earlier.

I had forgotten the car keys part.

I've heard a story that coach was seen in a tree retrieving a club he launched there earlier.
I bet Knight found more joy from a fishing boat than he could ever hope to find from a golf cart.

A lot of people play golf simply because they think they’re expected to, whether for nurturing business relationships or networking for new ones (“beating the bushes” in Kelley 101). Bob Knight did not have the temperament the game of golf requires for longevity. In Chinese firecracker lexicon, his fuse was of short length…”Boom!” (goes the dynamite).

I had forgotten the car keys part.
The story ripens with age. Bob, being a relatively wealthy man, had one of the first battery operated remote car keys. He probably had no idea how much it cost to replace one. Bob, again being a wealthy man, didn’t care.

Ironically, RMK and Barkley would have been great playing golf together. Barkley has the most disturbing swing I have ever seen.

If you take golf seriously DO NOT WATCH the following video-it may be contagious and you can’t unsee it.

Last edited:
Ironically, RMK and Barkley would have been great playing golf together. Barkley has the most disturbing swing I have ever seen.

If you take golf seriously DO NOT WATCH the following video-it may be contagious and you can’t unsee it.

painful to watch that glitch in Chuck's swing.

And after the 84 Olympic team cuts...doubt these two were ever part of a foursome on the course

Reactions: CriticArisen

Barkley has done a lot of work and can swing it at least competently now. The horrible hitch and go is gone

Reactions: Cavanagh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT