ADVERTISEMENT

George Taliaferro Plaza/statue announced...

It's too bad it wasn't done in his lifetime.

This is a well-deserved honor. If anyone deserves to be a representative of IU Football and the University, it's Mr. Taliaferro.

However, I'd prefer to see the statue on the South end plaza. Maybe statues of him, Bo McMillan, and Bill Mallory.

Should have gone with Bo, GT, and Pihos on one end, Mallory & AT on the other.

It's too bad it wasn't done in his lifetime.

This is a well-deserved honor. If anyone deserves to be a representative of IU Football and the University, it's Mr. Taliaferro.

However, I'd prefer to see the statue on the South end plaza. Maybe statues of him, Bo McMillan, and Bill Mallory.
Excellent idea, Danc! I have always thought that it would be fun to hear an ESPN crew announce that they were in Hoeppner Hall, overlooking Mallory Field in Bo McMillan Stadium.
Not that I am endorsing the idea of changing Memorial Stadium's name ... just having some fun.

Excellent idea, Danc! I have always thought that it would be fun to hear an ESPN crew announce that they were in Hoeppner Hall, overlooking Mallory Field in Bo McMillan Stadium.
Not that I am endorsing the idea of changing Memorial Stadium's name ... just having some fun.
Unfortunately, those great men can't give enough money to have anything named after them now.....

Unfortunately, those great men can't give enough money to have anything named after them now.....
You would think their blood, sweat, toil and tears would be enough, wouldn't you? Again, though, I'm not endorsing a name change for the stadium. Just some harmless fun and a good way to remember some good men.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT