ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Louisville (Louisville Regional, Elimination Game)

A two-RBI triple from Ashley cuts IU's deficit to four.

Louisville 7, Indiana 3, one out in T6.
This could actually be a game if we did something with bases loaded and no outs earlier. I have to admit, I'm shocked we scored 3.

Reactions: mk23
Louisville threatens with runners on second and third, but Lloyd gets out of the jam. Huge.

Still 7-4 Louisville at the end of the 6th inning
The hits are even at seven, but we have left eight runners on to Louisville's three. They have just done a better job of taking advantage of their scoring opportunities. At least we have a chance now, but like pretty much everyone else, I thought we were done.

Reactions: mk23
RBI double to right center puts at least one run on the board. Officials reviewing whether the second runner was tagged out in time by Fineman or if he was safe.

Ruling is upheld.

Louisville leads IU 8-4 with one out in B7.

Ashley nearly had a 2-RBI double down the left field line.

On the next pitch, he reaches on a fielder's choice, advances to second on a throwing error by 2b; Bunnell out at second ss to 2b; Richardson advances to third, scores on the error, unearned.

Pitching change for Louisville: righty Michael McAvene now on the mound, replacing lefty Adam Elliott.
McAvene has given up just two homers on the season and averages 1.5 Ks an inning over 29.1 innings pitched.

FINAL: Indiana's season ends with a 9-7 regional loss to Louisville.

Mercer and assistant Casey Dykes were not happy with that game-ending strike on a full count on Fineman's at-bat.

All one has to do is look back to the 3rd inning when we had the bases loaded with no outs and came up empty. We had other scoring chances, but that was the one that really came back to bite us on the butt. We went 1-4 in the postseason primarily because of ineffective hitting and starting pitching. I was really disappointed in our starting pitching since I thought they would keep us in games until our hitting came around. Well, it's on to next season.

Last edited:
Sorry to see their season end but hitting has to get better and will need pitchers hitters next year.

Anybody know what McVain actually said?
Not sure I could trust today’s tv announcers. They even seemed to contradict each other, or at least the one guy didn’t seem to know college rules (catcher blocking home, etc.).

Anybody know what McVain actually said?
Not sure I could trust today’s tv announcers. They even seemed to contradict each other, or at least the one guy didn’t seem to know college rules (catcher blocking home, etc.).

Not sure.

For those wondering, McAvene got tossed and now has a four-game suspension. I don't know what caused it exactly or what he said to get ejected.

Freaking ESPN3. How in the hell does the screen go blue for the most important (and maybe entertaining) pitch of the game? I'd love to have seen the exchanges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT