ADVERTISEMENT

Game over man what do we do now?

I just set up a 125 gallon fish tank I’m looking forward to dropping African cichlids in on selection Sunday. They are aggressive fish and casualties will occur. I plan on going straight to the sweet 16 with these fish. I’ll post pictures and name each fish a blue blood school. I’ll set the betting lines for you on survival. IU is going to be my bumblebee cichlid. Those guys are badass.
Hey i had had had African cichlids for years throws rocks in their make little wall or pile you will have little cichlids.lol

I have a kayak and a room's worth of fishing gear that I ignored too much last year because of all the rain and high water. Going to get reacquainted with all of it this year. My goal is to have caught every smallmouth bass in the midwest by November.
What your lure or bait to catch smallies

What your lure or bait to catch smallies
depends on the water (river, lakes) and clarity. 3" grub/twisters on jigheads, watermelon or brown color. When the water warms, can't beat whopper ploppers and PoP-Rs for topwater. Best fishing there is- big smallie blasting a topwater near river current.

And...some purists may look down on me for this...but when I go up to northern Wisconsin and fish clearer waters....nothing beats a live leech. They'll nail it even if they're not hungry.

btw....look at us in this thread...24 hrs of no basketball. Already bored out of our minds. Gonna be a long summer.
Makes me laugh. The wife says I need to get a hobby. Looks like I'll be watching all the HBO series I've been meaning to get to over the last few months, especially if we're all trapped in our houses.

depends on the water (river, lakes) and clarity. 3" grub/twisters on jigheads, watermelon or brown color. When the water warms, can't beat whopper ploppers and PoP-Rs for topwater. Best fishing there is- big smallie blasting a topwater near river current.

And...some purists may look down on me for this...but when I go up to northern Wisconsin and fish clearer waters....nothing beats a live leech. They'll nail it even if they're not hungry.
Yes whooper ploppers chugbug yellow magic buzzbaits topwater try keitech easy shiner 3 to 4in clear water lakes also Nikko Hellgrammite in streams

Reactions: kkott
Yes whooper ploppers chugbug yellow magic buzzbaits topwater try keitech easy shiner 3 to 4in clear water lakes also Nikko Hellgrammite in streams
yes I bought a couple packs of helgies over the winter and going to work that in this yr. I know a lot of guys do well with them in the rivers and streams close to me. some guys catching a few already but it's very slow patient fishing right now. Waiting for the water to reach 50F then the fun begins.

That's funny I was goofing around on youtube and just saw those Nikko Hellgrammites for the first time and thought they looked great. Nothing beats the real thing though, that is smallie candy.

That's funny I was goofing around on youtube and just saw those Nikko Hellgrammites for the first time and thought they looked great. Nothing beats the real thing though, that is smallie candy.
funny you say that,....the first time I went up to Northern WI (at least 25 yrs ago), I asked a guy at the local bait shop what the best smallie bait was...and he said "live jumbos". I asked if he meant minnnow...and he said "no...LEECHES". I had never handled a leech and the idea, at the time, made me a little jumpy (since then I've burned through hundreds if not thousands). He said, and I quote " throwing leeches at bass is like throwing candy at kids...even if they're not hungry.... they can't stop themselves".

And he was right.

Berkely has a plastic scented product "Berkley power leeches"...I've used for yrs and had great success. But they are hard to find now.

Last edited:
I'm buying a race car for my kids and I to race. Been wanting one for a long time. If they cancel the races (Local SCCA) then I'll go fast on the street.
Go Hoosiers!

So simple. They snap together. I had never done it, hired a buddy from Atlanta for a week. I wound up on the floor putting all the pieces together and he cut the trim. The worst part is pulling up the carpet, the wooden spikes on the edges and all the staples in the plywood underneath. You just need a smooth surface to put down a pad then snap the floor together. Easy peasy.

Will you report back to us when your floor starts coming up at the seams?
Lol.

Did you use wood laminate or engineered hardwood?

Makes me laugh. The wife says I need to get a hobby. Looks like I'll be watching all the HBO series I've been meaning to get to over the last few months, especially if we're all trapped in our houses.

I am planning on a solid 2 months of binge watching. I’ve got like 8 different shows going at once. Just finished season 1 of “The Outsider.” Got “Walking Dead” going. “Ozark” season 3 starts up soon.
Enjoyed “Castle Rock.” Apple+ has “Servant.”

A lot of good options out there!

I am planning on a solid 2 months of binge watching. I’ve got like 8 different shows going at once. Just finished season 1 of “The Outsider.” Got “Walking Dead” going. “Ozark” season 3 starts up soon.
Enjoyed “Castle Rock.” Apple+ has “Servant.”

A lot of good options out there!
Ozark that my favorite on Netflick
they are tough and little hard to put on jig but you catch a bunch of fish tough as hell!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT