ADVERTISEMENT

Game over man what do we do now?

ciggar_man

Benchwarmer
Dec 23, 2009
Guess i will play the ponies now maybe yep that will more likely be cancel that too. Oh i go catch me some crappies all by myself.lol

Guess i will play the ponies now maybe yep that will more likely be cancel that too. Oh i go catch me some crappies all by myself.lol

I just set up a 125 gallon fish tank I’m looking forward to dropping African cichlids in on selection Sunday. They are aggressive fish and casualties will occur. I plan on going straight to the sweet 16 with these fish. I’ll post pictures and name each fish a blue blood school. I’ll set the betting lines for you on survival. IU is going to be my bumblebee cichlid. Those guys are badass.

Ummm, realize that there's much more to life than sports. Works for me.
Reflecting on all of the cancellations...It really exhibits a plethora of acts of social and societal consciousness and sacrifice for the purpose of giving nurses, doctors, hospitals, nursing homes etc. an opportunity to save people's lives.

Lots of things to do. The cure for boredom is inquisitiveness. How about all those home improvement tasks? Self improvement, too.

I have an orange punching bag. It resembles some weirdo on TV.

Help those in need. Be outward oriented by volunteering someway. Do spring chores.

I paint watercolor landscapes in an atmospheric, impressionistic way. Gardening outside, repainting rooms in the house, getting rid of junk in the basement, and planning vacations.
I am cancelling my YouTube TV live. I read my e-reader a lot.

I will dearly miss watching IU basketball and cheering them on.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiu
I'll be going to local youth sports league events with buddies and gambling on those games. Add in a cooler full of Budweiser, and it should be a good time.

Reflecting on all of the cancellations...It really exhibits a plethora of acts of social and societal consciousness and sacrifice for the purpose of giving nurses, doctors, hospitals, nursing homes etc. an opportunity to save people's lives.

Lots of things to do. The cure for boredom is inquisitiveness. How about all those home improvement tasks? Self improvement, too.

I have an orange punching bag. It resembles some weirdo on TV.

Help those in need. Be outward oriented by volunteering someway. Do spring chores.

I paint watercolor landscapes in an atmospheric, impressionistic way. Gardening outside, repainting rooms in the house, getting rid of junk in the basement, and planning vacations.
I am cancelling my YouTube TV live. I read my e-reader a lot.

I will dearly miss watching IU basketball and cheering them on.
We’ll miss your posts.

I just set up a 125 gallon fish tank I’m looking forward to dropping African cichlids in on selection Sunday. They are aggressive fish and casualties will occur. I plan on going straight to the sweet 16 with these fish. I’ll post pictures and name each fish a blue blood school. I’ll set the betting lines for you on survival. IU is going to be my bumblebee cichlid. Those guys are badass.
I have 125 and 75 and the 125 is filled with approx 45 peacocks and haps. Got away from mbunas a long time ago. Tank terrorists. Africans are pricy but best freshwater fish around. Find local breeders, you get the best selections at a fair price. And if you don't already, get a python water exchange hose. I do a 50% water change once a week and the python was the best $50 I ever spent.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I have a kayak and a room's worth of fishing gear that I ignored too much last year because of all the rain and high water. Going to get reacquainted with all of it this year. My goal is to have caught every smallmouth bass in the midwest by November.

Reactions: kkott
I have 125 and 75 and the 125 is filled with approx 45 peacocks and haps. Got away from mbunas a long time ago. Tank terrorists. Africans are pricy but best freshwater fish around. Find local breeders, you get the best selections at a fair price. And if you don't already, get a python water exchange hose. I do a 50% water change once a week and the python was the best $50 I ever spent.

50% once a week?!? That is insane your fish must grow like weeds. I have a python but hooking it up to my sink is going to be a challenge I have a spray nozzle that pulls out so guessing I have to disassemble that thing. I wound up using a garden hose for my initial fill.

I’m all about getting little guys and watching them grow. Me and my buddies were huge into tanks back in HS and early college. We never had money for a 125 gallon set up tho so I’m pretty pumped. Frontosa and jewels have always been my favorite. But there are some badass ones like a firehorn I just saw that I will for sure be getting.

I’m hoping I just don’t get high Af one night and order a 500 dollar fish. Actually **** it, be awesome if that happens.

50% once a week?!? That is insane your fish must grow like weeds. I have a python but hooking it up to my sink is going to be a challenge I have a spray nozzle that pulls out so guessing I have to disassemble that thing. I wound up using a garden hose for my initial fill.

I’m all about getting little guys and watching them grow. Me and my buddies were huge into tanks back in HS and early college. We never had money for a 125 gallon set up tho so I’m pretty pumped. Frontosa and jewels have always been my favorite. But there are some badass ones like a firehorn I just saw that I will for sure be getting.

I’m hoping I just don’t get high Af one night and order a 500 dollar fish. Actually **** it, be awesome if that happens.
I set the 125 up more than a year ago, and most of my fish have grown to the 5-6" range now, and some will get to the 9-10" range, so yeah, I try to stay on top of the water changes. I have 2 AC110 hang-on-back fliters and an FX4 canister under. Turn over the water in the filters 7-10 times per hr. Water stays gin clear.

My 50' hose can reach the half bath on the main floor and I took the threaded brass fitting off the hose and straight to the sink in the bathroom. But yeah, if it was a kitchen sink with a spray nozzle, that would create some challenges.

I love Fronts but they don't do well with the more aggressive fish from Malawi. Even some of the haps/peacocks I have get a little snippy with each other.

I read that in this voice...

4b95cc4feb513e065a3e8d6eb4776929.jpg

I set the 125 up more than a year ago, and most of my fish have grown to the 5-6" range now, and some will get to the 9-10" range, so yeah, I try to stay on top of the water changes. I have 2 AC110 hang-on-back fliters and an FX4 canister under. Turn over the water in the filters 7-10 times per hr. Water stays gin clear.

My 50' hose can reach the half bath on the main floor and I took the threaded brass fitting off the hose and straight to the sink in the bathroom. But yeah, if it was a kitchen sink with a spray nozzle, that would create some challenges.

I love Fronts but they don't do well with the more aggressive fish from Malawi. Even some of the haps/peacocks I have get a little snippy with each other.

I like watching them fight, I might be a little twisted in the head, actually I know I am a bit twisted. I plan on getting my old 55 gallon going in the coming months too, use it as a recovery tank if one gets beat to the pulp too much. Plan on getting the Frontosa early and hoping he becomes king of the tank.

I have creeks running through my property and got a good 100 or so slate flat rocks and made some decent caves, could build one side up even higher if I want in the future. Should give plenty of spots to hide and take cover.

I have two BIO wheels and cascade canister filter that have now been running for about 10 days. My buddy said it looks crystal clear now, this pic was taken about 6 hours after I got both the bio wheels hooked up but before the canister.
IMG-8349.jpg

I like watching them fight, I might be a little twisted in the head, actually I know I am a bit twisted. I plan on getting my old 55 gallon going in the coming months too, use it as a recovery tank if one gets beat to the pulp too much. Plan on getting the Frontosa early and hoping he becomes king of the tank.

I have creeks running through my property and got a good 100 or so slate flat rocks and made some decent caves, could build one side up even higher if I want in the future. Should give plenty of spots to hide and take cover.

I have two BIO wheels and cascade canister filter that have now been running for about 10 days. My buddy said it looks crystal clear now, this pic was taken about 6 hours after I got both the bio wheels hooked up but before the canister.
IMG-8349.jpg
I don’t care about all this fish stuff, I’m just geeked to get a glimpse into your lair.

Sweet wall paint, brother.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I don’t care about all this fish stuff, I’m just geeked to get a glimpse into your lair.

Sweet wall paint, brother.

I just did a remodel in that room, new paint floors and ceiling. I am a sheet rock pro these days. And a monkey could put in laminate floors. Was fun times.

Reactions: Radio Zero

IMG-8349.jpg
good deal on free rocks. I have a local stone quarry and bought a bunch of rocks at a pretty reasonable price. Pet store rocks have a 1000% markup on them. I can't figure out how to post a pic...does it have to be available via URL link? I don't have the option of uploading images.
Key to the new tank is patience....get some cheap petsmart fish in there to start the bio process....kick start the nitrogen cycle.

Reactions: Cavanagh
good deal on free rocks. I have a local stone quarry and bought a bunch of rocks at a pretty reasonable price. Pet store rocks have a 1000% markup on them. I can't figure out how to post a pic...does it have to be available via URL link? I don't have the option of uploading images.
Key to the new tank is patience....get some cheap petsmart fish in there to start the bio process....kick start the nitrogen cycle.

got this link 5 years ago still works.

1. Go to http://postimage.io
2. Click on “Chose Images”. This should prompt you to select the image file/photo you wish to upload
3. Once you have uploaded the photo, you should be given three different links. Copy the “Direct” link
4. When making the new post or thread with the photo, click on the image icon next to the smiley face. Paste the link where it says “Image URL”, then click “Insert”.
5. Your photo should display within the post. Repeat steps 1-4 as necessary depending on the number of photos you wish to post.

That is the plan, they have some real small guys for like 5-9 bucks. Gonna get 8 I think and see what happens. Last time I went they had a frontosa at pet smart for 11.99. for sure gonna get him.

got this link 5 years ago still works.

1. Go to http://postimage.io
2. Click on “Chose Images”. This should prompt you to select the image file/photo you wish to upload
3. Once you have uploaded the photo, you should be given three different links. Copy the “Direct” link
4. When making the new post or thread with the photo, click on the image icon next to the smiley face. Paste the link where it says “Image URL”, then click “Insert”.
5. Your photo should display within the post. Repeat steps 1-4 as necessary depending on the number of photos you wish to post.

Great tip...thx. my kids below. Damn bastards won't sit still for the photo.
IMG-3269.jpg

Man that is a gorgeous set up. You keep it crispy!! bad ass!
thx...sand was off-white pool filter sand from Menards...$8 per 40 lb bag. Cheap but nice. Black background was a quart of flat black paint from home depot (5 layers). Yes one Front, got him a while ago while buying a couple peacocks..keeping an eye on him, so far so good.

Couldn't get all the fish in the photo...there's probably 10 more off to the right...when they saw me coming, they rushed to the corner, expecting to be fed...these guys would tear the shit out of pirannas. They nibble my arm when I'm scrubbing algae off the inside of the tank. One left a big scratch on my arm a few weeks ago.

also- I splurged and bought an LED light strip for the top. Makes the lighting and colors so much better than the tube lighting in most of the tank hoods.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
thx...sand was off-white pool filter sand from Menards...$8 per 40 lb bag. Cheap but nice. Black background was a quart of flat black paint from home depot (5 layers). Yes one Front, got him a while ago while buying a couple peacocks..keeping an eye on him, so far so good.

Im gonna be gay and get a sunset photo from my vacation made at kinkos for the back drop. I went with pea gravel from menards. 3 bucks for 50lb bag. Had to wash the shit out of it tho before I put it in the tank.

Im gonna be gay and get a sunset photo from my vacation made at kinkos for the back drop. I went with pea gravel from menards. 3 bucks for 50lb bag. Had to wash the shit out of it tho before I put it in the tank.
good choices..yep pea gravel is coated with grit and dirt, don't want that crap clogging up your filters or clouding the h20.

Gonna be?

I have a kayak and a room's worth of fishing gear that I ignored too much last year because of all the rain and high water. Going to get reacquainted with all of it this year. My goal is to have caught every smallmouth bass in the midwest by November.

I'm in the same boat (see what I did there?), except for the smallies. I bought a kayak right after I moved and there its sat for 20 months in my garage. I haven't been out much, but I've taken my canoe when I could go. I live in Charlotte NC so I usually have to go 2 + hrs to the mountains for smallies, but there's a river less than an hour away on the NC/SC border that they stocked smallies in as a test and they've done fantastic, despite it not being typical smallie territory, so I'm vowing to get out and hook some smallies this year on it! Looking forward to it.

Is flooring really that easy? I don’t yet own a monkey but am sick to death of the brown half-shag in the family room.

So simple. They snap together. I had never done it, hired a buddy from Atlanta for a week. I wound up on the floor putting all the pieces together and he cut the trim. The worst part is pulling up the carpet, the wooden spikes on the edges and all the staples in the plywood underneath. You just need a smooth surface to put down a pad then snap the floor together. Easy peasy.

Is flooring really that easy? I don’t yet own a monkey but am sick to death of the brown half-shag in the family room.
I did our entire first floor with 5" coffee colored bamboo. Not difficult..like any job, just need the right tools and youtube. table saw, mitre saw, nail gun for baseboards. And some good knee pads...putting in flooring will kill your knees. Oh..and plenty of advil for your back.

I did our entire first floor with 5" coffee colored bamboo. Not difficult..like any job, just need the right tools and youtube. table saw, mitre saw, nail gun for baseboards. And some good knee pads...putting in flooring will kill your knees. Oh..and plenty of advil for your back.

sheeeeeeet no knee pads or Advil for me. Being 5’9 145 has its advantages!!

sheeeeeeet no knee pads or Advil for me. Being 5’9 145 has its advantages!!
I had to tear up old oak flooring, then had to use a flooring nailer to nail down the bamboo. looks great...but never again.. the floating snap n lock floor is much less of a grind. Im still in decent shape at 6'1 and 215 but once you hit 50, pain lingers for days...weeks....months...all to save some money on a DIY project.

I had to tear up old oak flooring, then had to use a flooring nailer to nail down the bamboo. looks great...but never again.. the floating snap n lock floor is much less of a grind. Im still in decent shape at 6'1 and 215 but once you hit 50, pain lingers for days...weeks....months...all to save some money on a DIY project.

well I guess that is the price you pay for the bougie bamboo!!! Ha. Bet it looks dope tho. I like DIY stuff makes you feel like a man. My problem is I bought a tractor and love to learn by the school of hard knocks. I’ve almost killed my self twice on it. Learning tho!

Is that in your house? It looks good enough to be in a seafood restaurant.
i work from home when I'm not traveling (and will be spending a lot more time at home for the foreseeable future). This tank is in my little den/home office. Sometimes I just stare at it for 5 minutes and pretend I'm somewhere warm and tropical. Spending your winters in northern IL can do that to you.

I did a lot of research on 'how to make your fishtank look dope without going broke". pool filter sand, house paint and stones from local quarry...all cheap. The fish are a little pricy but would rather pay the extra funds on pretty fish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT