ADVERTISEMENT

GAME DAY !! ......Finally

steelyvan

Junior
Aug 2, 2003
Here we go.....
Subplots:
1. every single member of our team (and our fans) think they are about to go out and beat MS by 50 points. It rarely goes that way this early in the season so be patient.
2. coaching - after two ex games, we are apparently deep and talented but combine youth and experience. the task for Coach is to manage all the pieces of the team chemistry puzzle.
and build confidence over the next two games in prep for Xavier.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Here we go.....
Subplots:
1. every single member of our team (and our fans) think they are about to go out and beat MS by 50 points. It rarely goes that way this early in the season so be patient.
2. coaching - after two ex games, we are apparently deep and talented but combine youth and experience. the task for Coach is to manage all the pieces of the team chemistry puzzle.
and build confidence over the next two games in prep for Xavier.
3. What the post-game spread will be here on Kool-Aid vs. acid rain for the remainder of the Season.

Will be looking/hoping for single digit TOs, 40%+ from deep and Xavier to play like the floor general all know he can be. Also like to see Bates hit something from behind the line and curious as to whether Thompson and Galloway continue their marksmanship.

Given this is the first 'real' game of the year, were I the betting type would definitely look for IU to cover the spread. Have this group pegged as a highly motivated and extremely internally competitive gang of over-achievers that still manage to stay grounded and play 'Team first' because of the steady influence of 'so-been-there-done-that' Coach Woodson.

I like Mike.

Last edited:
4. No airballs saw a couple in the exhibitions, Lander is gone you are getting paid and are a D1 athlete, no more excuses at least hit the f-Ing rim

• Haha
Reactions: sku and kkott
I'll be looking for defensive intensity and focus. If this is high, we cover no matter what the offense looks like. We should see a lot of points in transition and off turnovers if defensive intensity is where it should be. After that I'd like to see a quick pace of play off rebounds and shooting over 40% from 3 as a team, especially if that is mainly the top 6-8 in the rotation.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
we are being out rebounded. and they hit treys and we bank in the only one we've hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT