ADVERTISEMENT

Gabbard a Terrorist

Does this make Harris a hack? Compare her policy proscriptions in her failed 2020 primary bid to what people are saying is her present stance. Policy wise, I think she changed just as much as Tulsi did, didn't she?

Tulsi was really impressive back when she was playing patty cake with Bashar al Assad.

Dumbass. You are a pu$$y 95% of the time, whining and crying about Trump. That’s total Democrat energy. The other 5% you act tough guy. Tough guy is closer to what you claim to be…Republican. Toughen up buttercup and maybe you can work your way back to the good side. The side of truth. Doubt it happens. You’re too far gone.
You’re an unimpressive keyboard warrior. 100 percent wimp. Own it.

Does this make Harris a hack? Compare her policy proscriptions in her failed 2020 primary bid to what people are saying is her present stance. Policy wise, I think she changed just as much as Tulsi did, didn't she?
I don't think she changed nearly as much as Tulsi did, but honestly, we can't know for sure, because we don't know where Harris stands on most things in very great detail, yet. I think you're a bit out over your skis on this argument.

Reactions: UncleMark
I presume Harris realizes the vacuum in center is where the bulk of U.S. citizens reside. I’ve posted it previously, but whichever party moves back to center, that party will win the next general election.
I agree she’s changed her positions, it appears, to increase her chances of election.

Does that make her a hack?

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
You’re an unimpressive keyboard warrior. 100 percent wimp. Own it.
I really don't mean to question or second-guess you by asking, but why do you bother? I'm sure you and I don't agree on most things, but I respect you've had a real career and held true to some professional principles and had to make some difficult decisions and had to lead people and so on.

Why engage with people who don't hold any principles whatsoever? Who don't even remotely know what any of that stuff feels like or means, yet would mock and disparage others on matters of substance without any basis or earned foothold whatsoever?

I agree she’s changed her positions, it appears, to increase her chances of election.

Does that make her a hack?
No it doesn’t. It only shows she or those in her camp can read demographic data better than most on this board. The bulk of those citizens in our country are center left or center right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I don't think she changed nearly as much as Tulsi did, but honestly, we can't know for sure, because we don't know where Harris stands on most things in very great detail, yet. I think you're a bit out over your skis on this argument.
I agree we don’t know re Harris. I find that troubling.

But I don’t get the out over my skis part—I’m asking a question as to how he defines a hack.

Re Tulsi, she might have flipped support, but on what issues, exactly has she flip flopped on? I can list some for Harris, it appears, but I’m ignorant on Gabbard’s positions (past or present).

I agree we don’t know re Harris. I find that troubling.

But I don’t get the out over my skis part—I’m asking a question as to how he defines a hack.

Re Tulsi, she might have flipped support, but on what issues, exactly has she flip flopped on? I can list some for Harris, it appears, but I’m ignorant on Gabbard’s positions (past or present).
I misread your point. My apologies.

I really don't mean to question or second-guess you by asking, but why do you bother? I'm sure you and I don't agree on most things, but I respect you've had a real career and held true to some professional principles and had to make some difficult decisions and had to lead people and so on.

Why engage with people who don't hold any principles whatsoever? Who don't even remotely know what any of that stuff feels like or means, yet would mock and disparage others on matters of substance without any basis or earned foothold whatsoever?
I really would like them to be better and do better. They are purportedly on my side of the aisle and I find them embarrassing. Frankly they irritate me much more than those on the other side right now.

Policy specifics aside, how does one go from being aligned with Bernie and Warren to sidling up to Tucker and Trump?

Most are to a degree But most don't back flip like Tulsi. That was a perfect 10 floor exercise shit.

Policy specifics aside, how does one go from being aligned with Bernie and Warren to sidling up to Tucker and Trump?
You thought in each race they each were the best candidate given the alternatives?

You want something akin to a shake up of the status quo?

I don’t know her well at all other than the photos you post. I like those.

How does one go from absolutely no fracking and we need to decriminalize illegal immigration to I won’t ban fracking and I’m the toughest candidate on the border?

To sell to whatever your current audience wants to hear. Neither one is a Bernie Sanders or Ron Paul, it seems.

How does one go from absolutely no fracking and we need to decriminalize illegal immigration to I won’t ban fracking and I’m the toughest candidate on the border?

I said policy specifics aside...

Sure, Harris has "evolved" from the 2020 primary to today. That's not atypical. Still doesn't compare (in my thinking) to the kind of "transformation" Gabbard has undergone.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Putin-with-sunglasses-meme-2.jpg

"Evolved"

Youtube Ok GIF by Vanessa Van Edwards

I don't think Harris has much of any hard ingrained policy beliefs, but is rather just a political operator above all else. We've had plenty of Presidents like that in the past.

How good or bad of a political operator she is, well that's somewhat unknown. Considering she's gotten where she has to this point, they are clearly not amateur skills. You can't get elected a Senator from CA without knowing how to play the game well.

I was the probably the only one here 4 years ago that predicted she would be Biden's choice for VP. Going to the old playbook of branding her an extreme liberal likely won't have much impact at moving the dial. I recall someone else who was also consistently labeled the "most liberal vote in the Senate" with a thin resume, back about 16 years ago.

I can rewrite for you McCarthy style, to help:

Harris’s policy changes happened so quickly it created a wind as was seen not since a time of Mesolithic stagnates roamed the desolation carrying a weakened scent of sage and a bitter promise of nothing.😁
Pin this as the best post in board history.

Your use of sage screams blood meridian

Don't pretend you're inside the joke. It's cringe as hell.
No I got it immediately. Sage is a McCarthy favorite. My Mount Rushmore is Larry McMurtry, cormac McCarthy, Richard Russo, and Richard ford. My one complaint about cormac is he would write like brad did for a page and it would be about a bush. That subsided in his later books

Reactions: BradStevens
No I got it immediately. Sage is a McCarthy favorite. My Mount Rushmore is Larry McMurtry, cormac McCarthy, Richard Russo, and Richard ford. My one complaint about cormac is he would write like brad did for a page and it would be about a bush. That subsided in his later books
Dude loves him some mountain ranges and storms, too:

"The jagged mountains were pure blue in the dawn and everywhere birds twittered and the sun when it rose caught the moon in the west so that they lay opposed to each other across the earth, the sun whitehot and the moon a pale replica, as if they were the ends of a common bore beyond whose terminals burned worlds past all reckoning."

"All night sheetlightning quaked sourceless to the west beyond the midnight thunder-heads, making a bluish day of the distant desert, the mountains on the sudden skyline stark and black and livid like a land of some other order out there whose true geology was not stone but fear. The thunder moved up from the southwest and lightning lit the desert all about them, blue and barren, great clanging reaches ordered out of the absolute night like some demon kingdom summoned up or changeling land that come the day would leave them neither trace nor smoke nor ruin more than any troubling dream."

"The jagged mountains were pure blue in the dawn and everywhere birds twittered and the sun when it rose caught the moon in the west so that they lay opposed to each other across the earth, the sun whitehot and the moon a pale replica, as if they were the ends of a common bore beyond whose terminals burned worlds past all reckoning."

"All night sheetlightning quaked sourceless to the west beyond the midnight thunder-heads, making a bluish day of the distant desert, the mountains on the sudden skyline stark and black and livid like a land of some other order out there whose true geology was not stone but fear. The thunder moved up from the southwest and lightning lit the desert all about them, blue and barren, great clanging reaches ordered out of the absolute night like some demon kingdom summoned up or changeling land that come the day would leave them neither trace nor smoke nor ruin more than any troubling dream."
I guess he’s a genius

Well I guess you do know your shit.

You know if you’re in midlife crisis mode read on your own the Richard ford sportswriter Independence Day lay of the land series. They are simply perfect

I guess he’s a genius
I wonder how the movie they are working on for Blood Meridian is going to handle the scenery, the storms, and the geography. To me, his prose makes those things exagerrated. I know the term "Biblical" is used a lot with him, but I think of it more as stark, powerful, BIG. Like the people are one-tenth their real size and the mountains are enormous and the storms more ominous and maybe surreal (also overused to describe his writing).

I wonder if they'll try to capture that or just go with some really good landscape cinematography. My guess is the latter, but I also think you could capture the spirit of the book through some type of really cool animation, like some of the advanced stuff on Love Death and Robots on Netflix.

Yeah I had a long hardcore 20 plus year reading phase. Fwiw Cortez did too. Similar tastes. But now I run and invest in businesses you wouldn’t need a ged for and soak up shitty reality tv. Whatever
You two should join the WCBC. CoH can teach you some shit. And you can bust on lars.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
This outfit seems to believe the concern has merit:

Just watch - they'll say they put her on the list for her own protection.

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn
I will add the road for which he won a Pulitzer isn’t a top five @BradStevens
Blood
Crossing
Suttree
All the pretty horses
No country
Haven't read Suttree.

I really, really liked the Road and it's easily in my top 5. I read that when my daughter was only like one or two months old, so a brand new dad, and it really struck a cord with me about fatherhood.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I wonder how the movie they are working on for Blood Meridian is going to handle the scenery, the storms, and the geography. To me, his prose makes those things exagerrated. I know the term "Biblical" is used a lot with him, but I think of it more as stark, powerful, BIG. Like the people are one-tenth their real size and the mountains are enormous and the storms more ominous and maybe surreal (also overused to describe his writing).

I wonder if they'll try to capture that or just go with some really good landscape cinematography. My guess is the latter, but I also think you could capture the spirit of the book through some type of really cool animation, like some of the advanced stuff on Love Death and Robots on Netflix.
yeah i have no idea. good question. i will say tho off topic that the coen brothers did an absolutely masterful job with no country. i watched it again recently and it is so well done

Haven't read Suttree.

I really, really liked the Road and it's easily in my top 5. I read that when my daughter was only like one or two months old, so a brand new dad, and it really struck a cord with me about fatherhood.
suttree is outstanding. top 3 cormac book easily

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT