ADVERTISEMENT

Future B1G schedule for 24, 25, 26, 27

Keeping the 9 BiG Game Format. Need 3 cupcakes … On average, the schedule looks harder to me

The Hoosiers home and away opponents will be as follows (listed alphabetically):

2024 Home: Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Washington
2024 Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, UCLA

2025 Home: Illinois, Michigan State, UCLA, Wisconsin
2025 Away: Iowa, Maryland, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue

2026 Home: Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, USC
2026 Away: Michigan, Nebraska, Rutgers, Washington

2027 Home: Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers
2027 Away: Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, USC

2028 Home: Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, Purdue, Washington
2028 Away: Northwestern, Penn State, UCLA, Wisconsin

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2023/10/5/big-ten-football-schedule-2024-2028

Reactions: ESalum86
Illinois 3 games
Iowa. 2
Maryland 3
Michigan 3
Minn 2
MSU 3
Neb 2
NW 3
Oregon 2
OSU 2
Pedo St 3
Purdue 5
Rutgers 2
UCLA 3
USC 2
Washington 3
Wisconsin 2

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
That 2025 away schedule is brutal. Only 1 reasonable day-trip game from Indiana. Everything else will be some expensive hotel time plus a flight if you're crazy enough to try and make 'em all.

Iowa, Maryland, Oregon, & PSU. Coast-to-Coast baby!

I'm thinking a trip to the Rose Bowl next year could be fun though with a bunch of day-trip away games besides.

I don't know what I was expecting but I now expect the Hoosiers to be really screwed in 2024.

This schedule was done assuming the conference doesn’t expand again. Not a safe assumption. They’ve already had to do one revision.

Are they still going to do a conference championship game?
Got to. That's big money. If they can squeeze an extra dime out of anything you better believe they're going to do it

I don't know what I was expecting but I now expect the Hoosiers to be really screwed in 2024.

Got to. That's big money. If they can squeeze an extra dime out of anything you better believe they're going to do it
Agreed.

But has anyone seen news on how they’re going to do it?

I assume it’ll be like how they picked conference champ in the old days, but pick top two to play for it vs one?

Edit: yep. Found it. Like the old way x2

Going to be very convoluted if you get 4 teams tied in the overall record with one or two of the teams having not played any of the other in the group.
Yeah. I suspect strength of schedule may be brought into play as well. Or they go back 50 years to the "you played in this last year so now it's this teams chance" that they did for deciding the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: TMFT
Keeping the 9 BiG Game Format. Need 3 cupcakes … On average, the schedule looks harder to me

The Hoosiers home and away opponents will be as follows (listed alphabetically):

2024 Home: Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Washington
2024 Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, UCLA

2025 Home: Illinois, Michigan State, UCLA, Wisconsin
2025 Away: Iowa, Maryland, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue

2026 Home: Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, USC
2026 Away: Michigan, Nebraska, Rutgers, Washington

2027 Home: Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers
2027 Away: Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, USC

2028 Home: Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, Purdue, Washington
2028 Away: Northwestern, Penn State, UCLA, Wisconsin

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2023/10/5/big-ten-football-schedule-2024-2028

It sounds more daunting then it is. While we're adding good programs on the schedule.......10 games v. Oregon, UCLA, Washington, and USC....we are dropping 11 games v. OSU, Michigan, PSU, and MSU.

Also, we only have e games each against OSU, Oregon & USC.

So it's a poor excuse for dumbing down our OOC schedule, but will be used as an excuse for doing so.

It sounds more daunting then it is. While we're adding good programs on the schedule.......10 games v. Oregon, UCLA, Washington, and USC....we are dropping 11 games v. OSU, Michigan, PSU, and MSU.

Also, we only have e games each against OSU, Oregon & USC.

So it's a poor excuse for dumbing down our OOC schedule, but will be used as an excuse for doing so.
In the big 2 little 8 era, when OSU and Michigan dropped off the schedule … They weren’t replaced with top 25 names. (UCLA is top 30 today … may finish higher. Wash., Ore, USC are 7-9) … The reprieve is 3 top 25 teams instead of 4 … (discounting Iowa). Every year will be a challenge.

Reactions: 76-1 and midwolfe

I assume it’ll be like how they picked conference champ in the old days, but pick top two to play for it vs one?
Like the old days, where if Indiana is going to get in it, they'll quickly hold a closed door meeting and declare one of the powers to be in on a double secret tiebreaker.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Say, Let’s trade more games v. WI and IA for UDub, Ducks, Trojans, and Bruins
From AP Week 7 poll:

Current B1G
#2 Michigan
#3 Ohio State
#6 Penn State

Future B1G
#7 Washington
#8 Oregon
#10 USC
#18 UCLA