ADVERTISEMENT

Funny how each of the IU boards have a different tone.

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
You come here and everything is doom and gloom and that Crean is coming back. On 247 they are sure that he is gone and a poster who people say have a good track record said that Crean is 99% gone. He also said we should here something by 5pm tomorrow.

Reactions: Inequality
You come here and everything is doom and gloom and that Crean is coming back. On 247 they are sure that he is gone and a poster who people say have a good track record said that Crean is 99% gone. He also said we should here something by 5pm tomorrow.
Ive been convinced for a while that he is not coming back but would like to see an official word out sometime. I am a little concerned on the replacement but ill worry when that happens. Anybody but Crean, I am all in no matter what

Last edited:
I had been sold on Crean leaving, due in large part to the "confidence" of "sources" on various boards and the media chatter, and the silence from Glass. My confidence is waning...however, it still just makes no sense to bring Crean back. It will be interesting to see what situation arises if there is no deal between IU and the "top" candidates. Crean returning will just be ugly.

What they are saying over there is that the BOT is battling Glass to fire Crean. They make it sound like Glass wants to bring him back but the BOT is trying to force him to fire him. Like I have said who really knows what is really going on.

Regardless, this reflects poorly on the management style
of Glass.

I had been sold on Crean leaving, due in large part to the "confidence" of "sources" on various boards and the media chatter, and the silence from Glass. My confidence is waning...however, it still just makes no sense to bring Crean back. It will be interesting to see what situation arises if there is no deal between IU and the "top" candidates. Crean returning will just be ugly.
Glass is stringing it out so it will appear to be a well thought out decision within the parameters of his coaching performance reviews. He plays political games to appear smart. Just hold your horses for Fred's dog and pony show.

What they are saying over there is that the BOT is battling Glass to fire Crean. They make it sound like Glass wants to bring him back but the BOT is trying to force him to fire him. Like I have said who really knows what is really going on.

Can the BOT fire Glass?

Reactions: russelltodd
So? Majority rules....
Doubtful, but if Glass goes it alone against some of the trustees, his tenure as the AD will get very uncertain if Crean doesn't turn things around right away. Stand by your guy and adhere to your principles, but pay the price if it doesn't get a lot better quickly.

Reactions: mazz
Glass is stringing it out so it will appear to be a well thought out decision within the parameters of his coaching performance reviews. He plays political games to appear smart. Just hold your horses for Fred's dog and pony show.

But this is making him (and us) look like a complete moron....especially with his excuse for not having the NIT game here. They're laughing at him even here in Vegas over that.

How is his track record good? Nothing he's said has panned out. I didn't see anyone missing at the game yesterday like he claimed. I don't see Crean at Missouri like he claimed. Oh yeah...fluid.

What good is a guy claiming various done deals if they really aren't done deals. Tomorrow when they announce that Crean will be back that guy will still claim he was right, but "things changed."

If things can change, they ain't done deals. He'll be wrong. Again.

How is his track record good? Nothing he's said has panned out. I didn't see anyone missing at the game yesterday like he claimed. I don't see Crean at Missouri like he claimed. Oh yeah...fluid.

What good is a guy claiming various done deals if they really aren't done deals. Tomorrow when they announce that Crean will be back that guy will still claim he was right, but "things changed."

If things can change, they ain't done deals. He'll be wrong. Again.
None of them have been right yet, but they're great with excuses to cover their misses.

None of them have been right yet, but they're great with excuses to cover their misses.

No kidding. Pete Diprimio is now saying Crean is likely back. How many other media types have already said this? A bunch. How many have said he's probably gone? None.

Just a few nameless dudes with alleged sources...who are never correct. Fluid. Right.

I've said for a long time that we prematurely convinced ourselves there would be a change. Groupthink.

I've said for a long time that we prematurely convinced ourselves there would be a change. Groupthink.

Not all of us.

I've said the entire time Glass doesn't have the balls to do it and is perfectly satisfied with just making the Sweet 16 every now and then.

What blows me away with that crap is then he'll turn around and puff his chest over just hosting an NIT game is soooooooooooo beneath us.

(rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleyes)

No kidding. Pete Diprimio is now saying Crean is likely back. How many other media types have already said this? A bunch. How many have said he's probably gone? None.

Just a few nameless dudes with alleged sources...who are never correct. Fluid. Right.

It's more than just Crean staying or going. It's secret meetings with Donovan or his agent or Crean's agent or flying to St. Louis to see Marshall at the Missouri Valley tournament. And they high five each other with every one, even though it looks like they're all bogus. Very entertaining.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I'm still not giving up, but it's hard to keep hope alive when basically all media folks (who are saying something) think he is back. Has there been a single media person say they think he is gone? Not that media folks are reliable.

So, posters with inside sources who say he is gone may be right. Since the situation is so "fluid". But given Glass' history, hard to have confidence.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I'm still not giving up, but it's hard to keep hope alive when basically all media folks (who are saying something) think he is back. Has there been a single media person say they think he is gone? Not that media folks are reliable.

So, posters with inside sources who say he is gone may be right. Since the situation is so "fluid". But given Glass' history, hard to have confidence.

Here's the thing. Most of the media types "think" he'll be back. Ok, just a guess. But wouldn't you think that if the hard info was out there to the contrary...to the point that it's on message boards...that maybe, just maybe, an actual journalist might hear that info? We're more clued in that IU beat writers?

No way.

Relax fellas. It's all timing. Nothing more.
I am beginning to think that IU is committed to making the termination as toxic and hard on the eyes as possible for the sake of timing......give me some eye bleach, then....because this process if it is a termination process is as ugly and unorthadox as it could possibly be......its Nadia Comaneci dressed up as the Keystone Kops?

Not all of us.

I've said the entire time Glass doesn't have the balls to do it and is perfectly satisfied with just making the Sweet 16 every now and then.

What blows me away with that crap is then he'll turn around and puff his chest over just hosting an NIT game is soooooooooooo beneath us.

(rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleyes)

At least the Hoosier ladies get to host an NIT game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT