ADVERTISEMENT

Forrester Commits

God I hope so ;)

Sure glad your not the coach - what body of work do you have to question the staff decision
IU has been missing tough, reliable tall guys who can come in and play and defend multiple positions.
Looks like that is what they are building. Should be fun to watch over the next few years
Now let's get one great guard and this looks like a great class

Reactions: 76-1
Another thing to think about is if you wait for Garland and Romeo and it is possible both can wait until spring to sign. If in spring they decide to go elsewhere then we could end of with no one we wanted.

Well God forbid we take any chances on great players to take us to the next level and keep settling for 3 star players to fill the roster at a position we already have a ton of players at...........

I like this get. Said before I never bitch about getting top 150 big. He can rebound, block shots and finish. Not sure what else you want. If Garland and Langford (sp) want to come we'll find room. Archie is not a whimp. He'll handle his business. Been a while since we had a no nonsense coach. I love it. So quit bitchin and welcome our latest stud. He deserves our support as do all our kinds and their families.
Go Hoosiers!

I think it's hilarious how Crean got crucified.....and rightfully so....for over-signing yet people have zero problem if Archie does it.

Reactions: YOTHN
Unbelievable!!! CAM has yet to coach a game for the Hoosiers and you call him and his staff stupid.
Have you looked at what he did at Dayton? Doesn't seem stupid to me.
The only thing stupid is your post.

I said this decision is stupid.

I hate to break it to ya, but no one on earth is perfect and makes the right decisions all the time.

If my posts make you wet yourself so much, put me on ignore.

Sure glad your not the coach - what body of work do you have to question the staff decision

Only complete morons use that reasoning.

Did you ever rip Crean? Why? Were you ever a coach?

Ever rip a ref? Why? Were you ever one?

Have you ever been President? If not, you're not allowed to rip him.

You seriously think "forward" is one position, don't you?

No, cupcake, I think it's two. And we've got 7 or 8 players (I lost count) for those 2 spots.

But, hey, they all play like Magic Johnson and can guard every position on the floor so it's all good..............

Frustrating, but he is 6-8 and could grow an inch or two, but we def. don't need him. Maybe I'm underestimating him, and I do hope he becomes great, but not too sure. Moving on, I will cheer for him always as a HOOSIER!

Okay, people, please read this. http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/0...s-father-dwight-discusses-sons-iu-commitment/

His dad describes Forrester through his eyes. He IS 6'10

I agree with you. Archie just recruited his "Priller". A 4 year bench sitter when IU needed that scholly!

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I think it's hilarious how Crean got crucified.....and rightfully so....for over-signing yet people have zero problem if Archie does it.

Well if Crean was oversigning players the caliber of Garland and Romeo it might not have been such an issue.

If Romeo commits there would likely be a domino effect of sorts. Romeo will get playing time if he comes and somebody will lose out. Nobody wants to see oversigns or tranfers but IMO, I think there is a good chance of it happening. Not every kid is happy to be a cult hero fan fave like Priller.

I agree with you. Archie just recruited his "Priller". A 4 year bench sitter when IU needed that scholly!
Wait, is this for real? Priller was unranked with an offer from Incarnate Word. Forrester is right around the top 150 (he is in the top 150 on Rivals) in all of the rankings and has offers from Xavier, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Pitt, ASU, Miami, Georgia Tech, etc. We also currently have the fifth ranked class in the country, and we don't yet know what Romeo is going to do. He is visiting for Hoosier Hysteria.

I'm really hoping you were joking. Hell, even if you want to ignore all the stuff I just mentioned, just compare their tapes.

Bite me.

This is what his dad said: "He’s definitely a stretch four."

I also seriously doubt he's 6' 10" as he's not THAT much taller than Archie, who is 5' 10".

So, every tall kid is Magic Johnson now?

(rolleyes)
Sweet Lord. He's not saying all those guys are capable of switching between four different positions, he's saying that they each play a different position and bring different things to the table.

Also, he is about a foot taller than Archie:

IMG_0142.png

Exactly.

As long as we had a shot for both Garland and Romeo, it's pretty stupid to take ANOTHER forward.
Also, can you explain why you continue to piss and moan over having a top-five class, and a class that could potentially add Romeo?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Wait, is this for real? Priller was unranked with an offer from Incarnate Word. Forrester is right around the top 150 (he is in the top 150 on Rivals) in all of the rankings and has offers from Xavier, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Pitt, ASU, Miami, Georgia Tech, etc. We also currently have the fifth ranked class in the country, and we don't yet know what Romeo is going to do. He is visiting for Hoosier Hysteria.

I'm really hoping you were joking. Hell, even if you want to ignore all the stuff I just mentioned, just compare their tapes.
Yeah you said Romeo was going to be at the Ohio State football game too and that didn't happen.

He hasn't over-signed. Stop posting stupid stuff you are cluttering the board.

Exactly, I think we still have 1 open scholly for 18 right? He should have said we're overloaded. I think the obvious difference is CAM is counting on this kid being able to defend the 5, or at least I'm guessing that's the reasoning and if he can, I see that as logical and addressing a need. I think it's also a tell that CAM doesn't think we'll get both DG and RL. I hope we get RL out of those 2.

Everybody go look at the history of Dayton's recruiting in the last 5 years and tell me CAM doesn't know what he's doing... I think JF has a bright future ahead of him and will become a great asset to this team. Apparently, so does CAM. According to ESPN, IU's 2018 class has 5 - four star players recruited. When's the last time IU had that type of recruiting class? It's been a while... appreciate it... be thankful... Next ask yourself how many of those players will still be present in four years?... Hopefully most of them... You know, some people just aren't happy unless they've got something to bitch about... Welcome Jake... looking forward to seeing you in a Hoosier uniform!...

Frustrating, but he is 6-8 and could grow an inch or two, but we def. don't need him. Maybe I'm underestimating him, and I do hope he becomes great, but not too sure. Moving on, I will cheer for him always as a HOOSIER!

Okay, people, please read this. http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/0...s-father-dwight-discusses-sons-iu-commitment/

His dad describes Forrester through his eyes. He IS 6'10

I watched his highlight videos and was ready to be underwhelmed. He looks like a nice player to me. Long. Athletic. Looks like he has good hands.

To me he looks to be a better prospect than a kid like Clifton Moore.

I watched his highlight videos and was ready to be underwhelmed. He looks like a nice player to me. Long. Athletic. Looks like he has good hands.

One thing that has bothered me the past several years with Crean (among others) is that we never seemed to have any post depth...or depth at players who are 6'9" or taller. I would rather have more depth at the forward than the guard positions myself. If you run a traditional lineup I do not see needing more than 5 scholarship guards.

We have one scholarship open and we are focused in on 2 guys in Garland and Langford. Suddenly if Indiana is a true option for these guys, they have to worry that the other might take their spot. It is a good thing to have an IU scholarship offer have some value as opposed to being like a penny you find laying in a parking lot.

Reactions: Bligedy
Also, can you explain why you continue to piss and moan over having a top-five class, and a class that could potentially add Romeo?

Why do I need to explain it for the 385th time?

We have plenty of forwards already.

We still have a shot for both Garland and Romeo.

We were told Archie doesn't use up all his rides and likes to have balanced classes.

I agree.......it looks like we will have a full roster of guys who could compete for pt......no Priller, no Grant G., no Bawa.....the problem with that is that you can't play 14 or 15.......the guys I wonder about for the long-term are Moore & Durham......but they could both surprise. AM re-recruited them so he saw something he liked in each.

I haven't seen a melt like this on here in quite awhile! Well done TheVegasDoesn'tUnderstandForwards. I've been laughing at you for nearly 3 full pages of posts. Please continue as I'm working from home today and you are posting some absolutely hilarious gems here. TIA

I agree.......it looks like we will have a full roster of guys who could compete for pt......no Priller, no Grant G., no Bawa.....the problem with that is that you can't play 14 or 15.......the guys I wonder about for the long-term are Moore & Durham......but they could both surprise. AM re-recruited them so he saw something he liked in each.
There can also be a decision to redshirt one of the incoming players. It helps balance the classes, and I would much rather have the player as a 5th year player. I like that Archie is willing to redshirt, unlike the coach IU used to have...

Reactions: cshartle123
I haven't seen a melt like this on here in quite awhile! Well done TheVegasDoesn'tUnderstandForwards. I've been laughing at you for nearly 3 full pages of posts. Please continue as I'm working from home today and you are posting some absolutely hilarious gems here. TIA

My bad.

I forgot we all have to bow down and excuse away EVERYTHING the coach does or else that means we aren't a "real" fan and can never ever ever ever say anything remotely bad or question ANYTHING he does.

Please forgive me Pope Redbeard.........

There can also be a decision to redshirt one of the incoming players. It helps balance the classes, and I would much rather have the player as a 5th year player. I like that Archie is willing to redshirt, unlike the coach IU used to have...

Have any of these kids mentioned red-shirting? From what I've seen, one reason they all picked IU is Archie told them they could come in and "contribute significantly as a freshman."

Not sure how they are all going to do that with 13 players on the squad that can actually play.

Have any of these kids mentioned red-shirting? From what I've seen, one reason they all picked IU is Archie told them they could come in and "contribute significantly as a freshman."

Not sure how they are all going to do that with 13 players on the squad that can actually play.

They'll all get a chance and a look....it's going to be survival of the fittest.

Oh he's gone off the rails, but amazingly he doesn't have the dumbest post in this thread. That goes to the moron that compared this kid to Priller.

But yes, freaking out over a top-five class and having four players to play three positions is pretty damn stupid.

Reactions: pumpfake
having four players to play three positions is pretty damn stupid.

You do know there are already other forwards on the team too, right Sunshine?

And last time I checked, there are 2 forward positions, not 3.

So, we have 7 or 8 players for 2 spots.

What I appreciate about this recruiting class is that all the recruits are already basketball players. We aren't banking on potential or athleticism to make up for bball smarts. No more Jurkins, Perreas, Aprils, or Munirus, where we hope they develop. Gosh, I don't miss Crean.

Or O.G.'s, Oladipo's, Sheehey's? Yeah, that was a horrible time! Jurkin and Perea were 4 stars that everyone wanted. Let's not fool ourselves into pretending they were the same as April or Tijan Jobe. You hated Crean, we got it.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
You do know there are already other forwards on the team too, right Sunshine?

And last time I checked, there are 2 forward positions, not 3.

So, we have 7 or 8 players for 2 spots.

Here's my thought. I agree that this might be an over sign scenario but until that happens, I think we should withhold judgement. If he does over sign then I would agree that this was not a dire necessity.

I think Vegas (like everyone else on here) was looking forward to having a well rounded roster without having an over sign and yet also have scholarships left open. That suddenly isn't much of an option if we get who we are hoping to get.

Either way, I think we just let it ride out and see how things go before making too many judgments. I also don't think Vegas was far on in his criticisms as they match up perfectly with what the same people accepting it, were putting on Crean.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
My bad.

I forgot we all have to bow down and excuse away EVERYTHING the coach does or else that means we aren't a "real" fan and can never ever ever ever say anything remotely bad or question ANYTHING he does.

Please forgive me Pope Redbeard.........

I'd never ask you to ask me for forgiveness. That's silly. I love your crazy posts and your hyperbole. Please keep it up. Also, nobody is insinuating the absolutes you're trying to seek out here. We can criticize. We can question. It's just that your criticisms and questions are borderline absurd and definitely hilarious. I commend you on the hilarious ones. Keep on posting brah!

Reactions: pumpfake and T.M.P.
Or O.G.'s, Oladipo's, Sheehey's? Yeah, that was a horrible time! Jurkin and Perea were 4 stars that everyone wanted. Let's not fool ourselves into pretending they were the same as April or Tijan Jobe. You hated Crean, we got it.
OG, Oladipo and Sheehey were basketball players. Perrea was an athlete. Jurkin was tall, as were Muniru, April and Jobe. Signing Perrea was worth the risk. The other 3, they were not and never were going to be basketball players at a B1G level. Reaches like this are one of many reasons that cthec is no longer coaching here. Archie has gained commitments from basketball players, some of whom are also exceptional athletes. I'm thrilled Archie is our coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT