ADVERTISEMENT

Forrester Commits

OG, Oladipo and Sheehey were basketball players. Perrea was an athlete. Jurkin was tall, as were Muniru, April and Jobe. Signing Perrea was worth the risk. The other 3, they were not and never were going to be basketball players at a B1G level. Reaches like this are one of many reasons that cthec is no longer coaching here. Archie has gained commitments from basketball players, some of whom are also exceptional athletes. I'm thrilled Archie is our coach.

Hanner was a 4 star and Peter was a high end 3 star if not 4 star depending upon where you went. You keep giving these new commits some moniker of "basketball players" that you are judging off nothing more than rankings. Hanner was ranked higher than every recruit Archie has gotten so far.

Don't get me wrong, I am high on Archie. I also don't mind this signing but to put a "how can i bash Crean" slant on this is getting old. You are also using post college judgement on players who flopped against these kids who haven't played a game. When using pre-college judgments, you will find that Peter and Hanner were not considered reaches anymore than these kids. The same can be said for Oladipo and Sheehey.

Just stick to praising Archie.....

Look at this excitement over Peter Jurkin. Read the comments...
http://www.insidethehall.com/2010/08/09/peter-jurkin-joins-indianas-2012-recruiting-class/

I'd never ask you to ask me for forgiveness. That's silly. I love your crazy posts and your hyperbole. Please keep it up. Also, nobody is insinuating the absolutes you're trying to seek out here. We can criticize. We can question. It's just that your criticisms and questions are borderline absurd and definitely hilarious. I commend you on the hilarious ones. Keep on posting brah!

How are they absurd?

We were told Archie doesn't use up all his scholarships. That was a lie.

We have 7/8 players for 2 spots.

To make it worse, we still have a shot for both Garland and Romeo with ONE spot open.

So, Pope Redbeard, please tell me when we're allowed to "question" if not for those so I don't get kicked out of the We're The Only REAL Fans Cult.

How are they absurd?

To make it worse, we still have a shot for both Garland and Romeo with ONE spot open.

So, Pope Redbeard, please tell me when we're allowed to "question" if not for those so I don't get kicked out of the We're The Only REAL Fans Cult.
Two spots? Do you understand what the three, the four, and the five are?

This is seriously some of the dumbest crap I've seen on here in a long time. Also, who cares if we use up all our scholarships? Just because he has had available scholarships in the past doesn't mean he literally does it every year.

Reactions: raw21960 and T.M.P.
Why do I need to explain it for the 385th time?

We have plenty of forwards already.

We still have a shot for both Garland and Romeo.

We were told Archie doesn't use up all his rides and likes to have balanced classes.

As I said, I think the fact that he took this kids verbal, is quite a tell that he doesn't feel good about one of DG or RL, don't you? I noticed that in the article where it was announced RL was coming to Hoosier Hysteria, it noted that DG's plans for HH weren't set in stone. Wanna bet that he doesn't come and ultimately we aren't his choice. I'm totally guessing, but I think something has changed there.

So, let's get you on the record: are you saying JF can't defend the 5 and is a wasted scholly, because yes, he is a "forward"? I'll defer to AM and welcome the kid and assume he can help us.

Finally, I don't think AM will do the shenanigans that CTC did in terms of oversignings and panic commitments, so I'll cut him some slack on his first class, which is pretty tremendous for coming in so late and playing catchup.

Two spots? Do you understand what the three, the four, and the five are?

This is seriously some of the dumbest crap I've seen on here in a long time. Also, who cares if we use up all our scholarships? Just because he has had available scholarships in the past doesn't mean he literally does it every year.

If he doesn't get that Justin Smith, Clifton Moore and Race Thompson play 3 different positions, he basically has no clue how basketball is played. Smith and Hunter will also spend time at the 2 but let's not confuse him.... they're all "forwards" to his pea brain because some site listed them as such.

Dunning Kruger in full effect, the person in question doesn't know enough about basketball to converse with, he's just spewing dumb crap to argue. Like I said previously, waste of time, no sense in trying to educate this dude. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Reactions: RBB89
Archie is doing exactly the right thing with this recruiting class. He has set the stage for an elite shooting guard to join the class. I realize we all wanted Garland, but that ship sailed when we pulled in Phinisee. Now Archie is able to say to Romeo, Dort, and Duke that they could be the piece that makes this team a championship contender. Guys of that caliber need to see the structure in place, and understand the value that Indiana will give them. I think Archie is executing a strategy right now, which is something we haven't seen since...

Archie is doing exactly the right thing with this recruiting class. He has set the stage for an elite shooting guard to join the class. I realize we all wanted Garland, but that ship sailed when we pulled in Phinisee. Now Archie is able to say to Romeo, Dort, and Duke that they could be the piece that makes this team a championship contender. Guys of that caliber need to see the structure in place, and understand the value that Indiana will give them. I think Archie is executing a strategy right now, which is something we haven't seen since...

It seems likely that this is what is going on......I don't think we are now strong with Dort, however. I think he's mainly looking at Romeo or Duke. Don't sleep on Duke. He's rated #37 in rivals and looks like a tough guy--hard to the basket and a defender. And he can also play some point. 3 years of him v. 1 of Romeo?

If he doesn't get that Justin Smith, Clifton Moore and Race Thompson play 3 different positions, he basically has no clue how basketball is played. Smith and Hunter will also spend time at the 2 but let's not confuse him.... they're all "forwards" to his pea brain because some site listed them as such.

Dunning Kruger in full effect, the person in question doesn't know enough about basketball to converse with, he's just spewing dumb crap to argue. Like I said previously, waste of time, no sense in trying to educate this dude. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Oh, I get it just fine.

You all think every tall kid now is Magic Johnson and can play every position on the floor.

Oh, I get it just fine.

You all think every tall kid now is Magic Johnson and can play every position on the floor.
Again, where are you pulling that Magic Johnson thing from? No one has said that. You keep obsessing over forwards as if it's one position but all of those guys bring different things. Some will play the 2/3, some will play the 3/4, and some are 5s. And this isn't a square peg in a round hole thing: those are their positions. Thompson and Forrester are obvious post players. Some are slashers, and some lean more toward guard play.

I mean, this isn't that difficult to grasp. Every team does this. Just watch their tapes. I mean I honestly don't understand how you have managed to follow recruiting up to this point. This is basketball 101.

I don't know beans about Phinisee, but I don't think that's it. A kid that is top 20 isn't worried about losing PT to a kid rated 120+, and personally, I think it's still an area of need. From what I've heard about Phinisee, he's undersized and might take awhile to adjust to the size and physicality at this level. With both Newkirk and Johnson graduating, I think we still have PT available next year. I just think DG wants to go elsewhere probably, but I think we could use him and don't think Phinisee is scaring him off; I think we have room and PT for both. Phinisee to me sounds like Tyler Lewis, who committed to NC St, struggled there early then transferred to Butler and became a solid PG. It might take RP a year or 2 to be ready to play major minutes.

Again, where are you pulling that Magic Johnson thing from? No one has said that. .

Bull feathers.

You all keep soiling your pants with, "You're a f-ing moron who doesn't understand today's game. Every tall kid can play the 2 thru 5 now. THERE ARE NO POSITIONS!!!"

source.gif

Google what? A roster in which everyone's height is inflated? You think we don't all know that he was a point guard.
Let's say he's 5'10". If those wood slats are an inch wide, Jake is 6'6" minus the hair.
How in the hell do you know he can play the post in major college basketball? What does his age have to do with how tall he is right now?
If you think those slats are 1" wide, you may want to check your eyes.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
If you think those slats are 1" wide, you may want to check your eyes.
No doubt. And instead of guessing at the width of those why not use something whose size is easy to find out since is standardized? Say maybe a basketball?

How are they absurd?

No one ever said that Archie wouldn't use all of his scholarships. He said he usually doesn't but that doesn't mean he won't some years. He is a new coach at this program and it will take a few years for him to get all of his player sin the system. You just don't seem to really follow basketball where you understand how everything works. Again you have backcourt players and front court players and usually you have 2 backcourt players and 3 front court players.

As I said, I think the fact that he took this kids verbal, is quite a tell that he doesn't feel good about one of DG or RL, don't you? I noticed that in the article where it was announced RL was coming to Hoosier Hysteria, it noted that DG's plans for HH weren't set in stone. Wanna bet that he doesn't come and ultimately we aren't his choice. I'm totally guessing, but I think something has changed there.

So, let's get you on the record: are you saying JF can't defend the 5 and is a wasted scholly, because yes, he is a "forward"? I'll defer to AM and welcome the kid and assume he can help us.

Finally, I don't think AM will do the shenanigans that CTC did in terms of oversignings and panic commitments, so I'll cut him some slack on his first class, which is pretty tremendous for coming in so late and playing catchup.
On another site someone posted that they have heard that Garland is pretty much down to Duke and Vandy.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Which is beyond stupid and why the Cubs sucked for SO long......
Never said you agree with everything but I will back a coach as long as they coach IU. To me coming on here every day and ripping your coach does not help the program. Recruits and their family monitor the fan bases and when our fan base does some of things they do it does not help at all.

If you don't think that's an impressive video, well have to disagree. If that kid was going to OSU or Purdue, I'd say they got a very good prospect......of the 5 Miller recruits, he had the second best offer list, behind only Hunter.
Yeah, my post was a little too much. I deserved most of that.

I'm glad we got him. Found it interesting though that the posted link quoted his father talking about his defense, and yet the video showed him dunking and shooting threes.

Why are there so few videos of players stealing or blocking the ball? I would think that's would be as much fun as standing barely off your tiptoes and dunking it. Dunking really is no challenge to most D-1 players.

Wait, is this for real? Priller was unranked with an offer from Incarnate Word. Forrester is right around the top 150 (he is in the top 150 on Rivals) in all of the rankings and has offers from Xavier, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Pitt, ASU, Miami, Georgia Tech, etc. We also currently have the fifth ranked class in the country, and we don't yet know what Romeo is going to do. He is visiting for Hoosier Hysteria.

I'm really hoping you were joking. Hell, even if you want to ignore all the stuff I just mentioned, just compare their tapes.
Don't worry, RBB. His handle suggests he 's an appraiser -- they're expected to exagerate.

Reactions: RBB89
You just don't seem to really follow basketball where you understand how everything works. Again you have backcourt players and front court players and usually you have 2 backcourt players and 3 front court players.

Wait what? I've been watching IU for the last 9 year and this news to me. How many backcourt players should be in the game at the same time and for how long.

Glass does not care what we think, just big time donors who threatened to stop donating.

You can say it 1,000 times and it doesn't make your comment any dumber.

Also, the last time we got into this, you started crying how you were "done with me."

Looks like you're a liar.

The only one who knows and who I care knows what we need I'd CAM and his staff.
Not some yahoo on this message board.
Man you are just unbelievable. CAM has not even coached a game for the Hoosiers and probably have not every seen a team he as coached and you are bit$hing
Stay off the board
Sorry, I don't know how I passed over this but I just saw it and it caught me completely off guard. For one, I love Archie. I believe he is a great coach and will do great things at IU. In fact, I actually like Forrester, I just question the signing because I believe there are better and maybe bigger bigs in the 2019 class I thought and think we have good ground on.

At the time of his signing, I legitimately thought Forrester was just another forward and can't shoot. I didn't realize he was 6'10. Admittedly, I also kinda bought into the rankings.

Sorry for any hard feelings. We're all Hoosiers anyways :)

How are they absurd?

How do you know we have any chance with either? Garland seems like a Duke lean and Romeo seems like a Louisville lean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT