ADVERTISEMENT

Forrester Commits

Frustrating, but he is 6-8 and could grow an inch or two, but we def. don't need him. Maybe I'm underestimating him, and I do hope he becomes great, but not too sure. Moving on, I will cheer for him always as a HOOSIER!

wtf man? He's a fine player and young man. Yes, we have other front court commits but you have no idea what Archie has planned or what's going on behind the scenes.

I will give Archie the benefit of the doubt here. The kid does look good in his highlight videos.

Land Romeo and we are set for 2018.

Welcome to IU Jake. I don't get this signing though. Maybe Archie isn't high on Smith or Moore and is expecting one or both to transfer. Otherwise this just doesn't make sense. I'll give Archie the benefit of the doubt. He knows a lot more than me.

God I hope so ;)
Next year:
5: davis 6'10, forester 6'10, Thompson 6'8
4: Moore 6'10, hunter 6'8 or Thompson 6'8
2-3: Cujo 6'4, green 6'3, smith 6'7, anderson 6'7
1: green, durham, phinnissee
Add Romeo or garland and I like this roster. A lot of position flexibility and defensive length.

That's 12 on scholarship then give the last spot to Romeo or Garland. Both of which could be one and done.

Last edited:
Welcome to IU Jake. I don't get this signing though. Maybe Archie isn't high on Smith or Moore and is expecting one or both to transfer. Otherwise this just doesn't make sense. I'll give Archie the benefit of the doubt. He knows a lot more than me.
Makes perfect sense..we need another 5 man

Correct, I don't. Just upset we have to now kiss Garland goodbye after he was supposed to visit

We were always behind in his recruitment and we can still technically use the oversign to get him. I would expect a transfer or two in the spring as Archie shapes the roster in his image leaving room for Garland and Langford.

We were always behind in his recruitment and we can still technically use the oversign to get him. I would expect a transfer or two in the spring as Archie shapes the roster in his image leaving room for Garland and Langford.
How does the oversign work?

Frustrating, but he is 6-8 and could grow an inch or two, but we def. don't need him. Maybe I'm underestimating him, and I do hope he becomes great, but not too sure. Moving on, I will cheer for him always as a HOOSIER!
In what way is this frustrating?

Reactions: davidrdunn
What is so difficult to understand? Forrester is a five. Smith and Moore are not centers.

Reactions: bsmitty08
In what way is this frustrating?
Frustrating was not the right word, but I used it to get my point across. I think we could've held off for 2019. After thinking about it though, I think I would rather have a 6ft 10 center that has played for a year rather than a skinny freshman center who has never played in the B10 before.

Reactions: IUgradman
What is so difficult to understand? Forrester is a five. Smith and Moore are not centers.

Someone has to transfer to take both Romeo and Garland. Maybe Archie is expecting one. Maybe he'll Crean Durham if Garland commits. I don't know so I'll trust his judgement.

I had a similar thought until smitty pointed out he was 6'10. It's a nice pick up if that is true. We needed a 5 in this class.

Reactions: IUgradman
Next year:
Add Romeo or garland and I like this roster. A lot of position flexibility and defensive length.

That's 12 on scholarship then give the last spot to Romeo or Garland. Both of which could be one and done.
Er, how many of these have actually signed letters of intent? Think I'll wait until I know what the actual roster is.

Why would you be disappointed in getting a long 6'9 forward who can play defense. Remember OG was ranked below 200 and ended up being better than thought of. If he can be a player like Morgan or a little better it is a good sign. Also we have one scholarship left and leave it for Romeo and call it a day. to me we don't really need Garland since we already have a good PG in this class.

Last edited:

What I don't get is this kid went from #70 in Rivals rankings in January of this year to #142 in Rivals now.......but I don't see that any teams backed off him, he had a list that included GT, ND, PSU, Minnesota + lots of others in addition to his final 5..........also, to me he looks more like a #70 player than a #142 player in his highlights....slim but strong, with a good handle....finishes around the basket...very athletic.......read somewhere where he says he's got a good mid-range jumper but needs to work on his 3 shot...that will work for me.......so again, I would love to know why this guy lost so much in his rankings.....

Please read. As I've said before, I'm not dissapointed, just was hoping for some better in 2019

What I don't get is this kid went from #70 in Rivals rankings in January of this year to #142 in Rivals now.......but I don't see that any teams backed off him, he had a list that included GT, ND, PSU, Minnesota + lots of others in addition to his final 5..........also, to me he looks more like a #70 player than a #142 player in his highlights....slim but strong, with a good handle....finishes around the basket...very athletic.......read somewhere where he says he's got a good mid-range jumper but needs to work on his 3 shot...that will work for me.......so again, I would love to know why this guy lost so much in his rankings.....
That does not make sense to me either...

Maybe he did not play as much this summer or had an injury that kept him from performing this summer.

Next year:

Archie may think Davis will go pro after this year......if so, he may think Forrester is the best available post defender (potentially) left on the board.......

I did read that IU offered him immediately after seeing him in a tourney in DC some time ago....so they apparently liked what they saw.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Why would you be disappointed in getting a long 6'9 forward who can play defense. Remember OG was ranked below 200 and ended up being better than thought of. If he can be a player like Morgan or a little better it is a good sign. Also we have one scholarship left and leave it for Romeo and call it a day. to me we don't really need Garland since we already have a good PG in this class.
OJ?

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
I can see in a couple of years a lineup of
Phinissee
Anderson
Hunter or Smith
Forrester
Moore

this would be a big and long defensive team.

Forrester, on tape, reminds me a lot of Jeff Newton., but with a better handle. I see him as a role-player, but potentially a darn good one,,,,,frankly, I like him better as a prospect than R. Thompson---much more athletic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT