ADVERTISEMENT

For what it's worth, IU will be in ranked in the Top 15 come Monday

Wouldn't be the first time, and doesn't make me wrong.

Tell it to everyone that lost shitloads of money. No there there - just smoke and mirrors.
Investing in cryptos with real world use like Bitcoin and Ethereum is very smart. All portfolios should have some of each.

I’m guessing you are referring to those who lost money investing in Dogecoin when it was at its peak? That would be dumb as Doge has no real world value.

Investing in meme stocks early is also a very smart choice as long as it’s an amount you are willing to lose if it goes broke.

So brilliant unless it turns out to be a disaster. Yeah, that sounds really smart.
Uh yeah, it is. The return with a small amount is probably more than the average 401k can return in 40 years. Where do you think all these Reddit millionaires came from?

You should start following the popular Reddit investing forums.

Uh yeah, it is. The return with a small amount is probably more than the average 401k can return in 40 years. Where do you think all these Reddit millionaires came from?

You should start following the popular Reddit investing forums.
Thanks, just not my thing.

It’s one thing to say it’s not your thing. That’s fine and respectable. It’s another to call those that invest in crypto idiots.
I don’t understand the value of virtual money, but it’s also hard to understand the value of paper currency either. The smart thing is always to diversify. I don’t own any crypto because I have literally zero understanding of it but I know some real dumbasses who have made 6 figures off of it with very little investment

Reactions: B1G_Fan
I don’t understand the value of virtual money, but it’s also hard to understand the value of paper currency either. The smart thing is always to diversify. I don’t own any crypto because I have literally zero understanding of it but I know some real dumbasses who have made 6 figures off of it with very little investment
Completely agree about diversifying. The best thing about Bitcoin/Ethereum is that a government can’t print more of it devaluing it.

Investing in meme stocks early is also a very smart choice as long as it’s an amount you are willing to lose if it goes broke.
I think you mean gambling, not investing. And nothing wrong with gambling, if you can afford it and understand what you are doing.

I think you mean gambling, not investing. And nothing wrong with gambling, if you can afford it and understand what you are doing.
Sure, meme stocks are more of a gamble, but a small amount can have a huge return. Especially if you follow the Reddit crypto threads closely.

Bitcoin and Ethereum are very real investments with real world value.

Suppose it depends on how one views making money from doing nothing and/or investing in same.
Don’t worry. 95% of people that invest in it are idiots, you aren’t wrong. Talk to any person with real money, again 95% of the time they have nothing to do with it. You can make money investing in bottled dog water too, doesn’t mean it is a smart investment.

Don’t worry. 95% of people that invest in it are idiots, you aren’t wrong. Talk to any person with real money, again 95% of the time they have nothing to do with it. You can make money investing in bottled dog water too, doesn’t mean it is a smart investment.
I would have definitely had you pegged for a crypto guy.

Musk, Cuban, Bezos, etc are all idiots, though I guess.

Suppose it depends on how one views making money from doing nothing and/or investing in same.
I view any passive income investment that makes money as a worthwhile investment.

Your generation was taught to work for 45 years and retire on a modest payout from your 401k. That’s fine.

I would have definitely had you pegged for a crypto guy.

Musk, Cuban, Bezos, etc are all idiots, though I guess.
If Crypto wasn’t somewhat legit then people wouldn’t be figuring out ways to mine it efficiently. I will say Crypto is very volatile and that takes most out of it. I don’t invest in it for that reason but I know people that do and have done well. To each thier own.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
If Crypto wasn’t somewhat legit then people wouldn’t be figuring out ways to mine it efficiently. I will say Crypto is very volatile and that takes most out of it. I don’t invest in it for that reason but I know people that do and have done well. To each thier own.
Exactly, to each their own.

FTX is playing a role in my "22 taxes and not in a good way.
FTX is a bad look for sure. I try to keep my Bitcoin and ETH in offline wallets. I’m probably losing out by not staking my ETH, but I don’t trust that system yet.

The FTX has to be the biggest fraud since Enron. Absolutely crazy.

FTX is a bad look for sure. I try to keep my Bitcoin and ETH in offline wallets. I’m probably losing out by not staking my ETH, but I don’t trust that system yet.

The FTX has to be the biggest fraud since Enron. Absolutely crazy.
I allowed the "experts" to put that turd in my punchbowl.

I view any passive income investment that makes money as a worthwhile investment.

Your generation was taught to work for 45 years and retire on a modest payout from your 401k. That’s fine.
Bully for you. No guarantee of service to the 'greater good' inherent in that and plenty of latitude for quite the opposite, but you do you.

Am hardly representative of my generation, which is to say that what is learned is sometimes very very diferent than what is taught.

Bully for you. No guarantee of service to the 'greater good' inherent in that and plenty of latitude for quite the opposite, but you do you.

Am hardly representative of my generation, which is to say that what is learned is sometimes very very diferent than what is taught.
You do you.

I still think it’s dumb to call those who invest in crypto idiots. Maybe it’s not for you, but that doesn’t make them idiots.

You do you.

I still think it’s dumb to call those who invest in crypto idiots. Maybe it’s not for you, but that doesn’t make them idiots.
I view investing in something that doesn't exist simply to make money as idiotic. Big whoop. Doesn't mean that such folk aren't clever, just doesn't count for much of anything in my book.

This is boring. Still think Woodson is "in over his head"? Thought IU did pretty well holding Court against Rutgers and squeezing out th W @ Michigan despite not having Race and a poor shooting night.

I view investing in something that doesn't exist simply to make money as idiotic. Big whoop. Doesn't mean that such folk aren't clever, just doesn't count for much of anything in my book.

This is boring. Still think Woodson is "in over his head"? Thought IU did pretty well holding Court against Rutgers and squeezing out th W @ Michigan despite not having Race and a poor shooting night.
Crypto currency does exist. No different than a dollar bill. The paper/coin value is based on the dollar amount that is possessed compared to the number in circulation.

Currently Bitcoin is backed by $417 billion.

I was happy with the wins, but my opinion of Woodson hasn’t changed as I’ve already told you it wouldn’t. I’ll state it for you again since you didn’t comprehend it the first 6 times I told you.

My opinion of Woodson will change when he actually accomplishes something on the court. At a minimum this year that would be top 3 in the Big Ten and a Sweet 16. That criteria hasn’t changed each of the last 6 times you’ve asked me. Do I need to explain it to your further, or do you finally comprehend it?

Crypto currency does exist. No different than a dollar bill. The paper/coin value is based on the dollar amount that is possessed compared to the number in circulation.

Currently Bitcoin is backed by $417 billion.

I was happy with the wins, but my opinion of Woodson hasn’t changed as I’ve already told you it wouldn’t. I’ll state it for you again since you didn’t comprehend it the first 6 times I told you.

My opinion of Woodson will change when he actually accomplishes something on the court. At a minimum this year that would be top 3 in the Big Ten and a Sweet 16. That criteria hasn’t changed each of the last 6 times you’ve asked me. Do I need to explain it to your further, or do you finally comprehend it?
I think he just likes hearing you say you don’t understand basketball in a lot of words. :).

Lol okay, give us a bunch of words about Bates, XJ, Lander, and Geronimo all being future NBA players. :)
XJ was never mentioned.

I was wrong on Geronimo and Lander. They both however have a better chance of getting drafted, going to the moon, and being crypto billionaires than Mike Woodson being in over his head and getting fired this year. Ya know, like you and all your friends and family want. ;)

I comprehend that you're a disingenuous/elitist hypocrite who's still pretending/operating in denial/peddling complete crap about how taking over a Program and turning it around in 18 months, landing top tier recruits in advance of demonstrating success on the Court, re-establishing pride in and national respect for the IU BB Team, building a chemistry among Staff and Players that's been absent for years, and winning 8 of the last 9 (including a victory over the mid-Season #1 squad in the country) with a depleted roster in a really tough Conference - all while conducting himself with style and grace - doesn't qualify as "accomplishes something on the court".

Your narrative about Woodson about says more about you than him.

XJ was never mentioned.

I was wrong on Geronimo and Lander. They both however have a better chance of getting drafted, going to the moon, and being crypto billionaires than Mike Woodson being in over his head and getting fired this year. Ya know, like you and all your friends and family want. ;)
When did I ever say Woodson was going to be fired this year? I did say he should do the respectable thing and step down if we miss the tournament (which isn’t going to happen now).

Keep deflecting though ;)

I comprehend that you're a disingenuous/elitist hypocrite who's still pretending/operating in denial/peddling complete crap about how taking over a Program and turning it around in 18 months, landing top tier recruits in advance of demonstrating success on the Court, re-establishing pride in and national respect for the IU BB Team, building a chemistry among Staff and Players that's been absent for years, and winning 8 of the last 9 (including a victory over the mid-Season #1 squad in the country) with a depleted roster in a really tough Conference - all while conducting himself with style and grace - doesn't qualify as "accomplishes something on the court".

Your narrative about Woodson about says more about you than him.
How exactly am I a “disingenuous/elitist hypocrite”?

I get it, you disagree with my opinion, but you could at least use descriptive words that make sense.

This is an all time weak Big Ten. I don’t believe we would have a much better record than last year with last year’s teams. Again, I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong if we finish top 3 and make the sweet 16 (Tom Creanish success). One of those appears it could happen as we are currently tied for 2nd.

And for the final 2023 coaches poll the Hoosiers finished number 23. Which is still a big improvement over the prior year.

And for the final 2023 coaches poll the Hoosiers finished number 23. Which is still a big improvement over the prior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT