ADVERTISEMENT

For what it's worth, IU will be in ranked in the Top 15 come Monday

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Half a dozen teams ranked between between 10-20 all lost this week, while # 18 IU beat #24 Rutgers and then Michigan on the road.

Have to say 18-7 feels a lot better than 10-6. IU doesn't have to play again until Wednesday @ NW, a revenge match and homecoming of sorts for Miller. For my part expect them to take care of business, and if they defend home against the Illini (should be very loud packed AH), well, one game at a time.

Missed Xavier tonight. Jalen worked his ass off but hard for him to run point and assume scoring duties when there's not much production other than Trayce. Sort of surprised Woodson didn't give Kaleb a few minutes tonight, but other than that no complaints apart from some sketchy no-calls on what looked like clear fouls against Michigan.

Upward and onward.

Half a dozen teams ranked between between 10-20 all lost this week, while # 18 IU beat #24 Rutgers and then Michigan on the road.

Have to say 18-7 feels a lot better than 10-6. IU doesn't have to play again until Wednesday @ NW, a revenge match and homecoming of sorts for Miller. For my part expect them to take care of business, and if they defend home against the Illini (should be very loud packed AH), well, one game at a time.

Missed Xavier tonight. Jalen worked his ass off but hard for him to run point and assume scoring duties when there's not much production other than Trayce. Sort of surprised Woodson didn't give Kaleb a few minutes tonight, but other than that no complaints apart from some sketchy no-calls on what looked like clear fouls against Michigan.

Upward and onward.
#11 by my count.

Reactions: The Vid

Upward and onward.
I will agree, The top 20/25 is crazy this yr . ILL will likely be in this week as 3rd B10 team, what 2 ACC ? Crazy the B12 BigEast teams in . It is a strange yr UT was #2 and lost several. No UK, UNC, Duke. Purdue deserves to be #1 at the moment but that says a lot about the year in general.

Banks even getting a few minutes from a confidence level would have been good going forward. If ever there was a year for a not great but good IU team to have a run this is the year.

Upward and onward.
Tonight was some survive and advance type stuff. A hot team finding a way to win on the road, a good sign as March looms. Hopefully, they get healthier and take care of business in Evanston. This is fun.

Upward and onward.
People care about the polls much more than they let on. I have tons of people that I follow on twitter (ranging from somewhat intelligent fans to beat writers) for every high major team in the country. I do it so I can get a wide variety of opinions on each team for gambling purposes.

Anyway, the thing everybody seems to talk about after big wins is how far will we move up in the AP Poll this week, could that win get us ranked etc. Hilariously, they almost always point out that it doesn't mean anything.

I've always loved the polls myself and yeah, I know they are meaningless :)

People care about the polls much more than they let on. I have tons of people that I follow on twitter (ranging from somewhat intelligent fans to beat writers) for every high major team in the country. I do it so I can get a wide variety of opinions on each team for gambling purposes.

Anyway, the thing everybody seems to talk about after big wins is how far will we move up in the AP Poll this week, could that win get us ranked etc. Hilariously, they almost always point out that it doesn't mean anything.

I've always loved the polls myself and yeah, I know they are meaningless :)
They aren't meaningless, I dont get the whole quad whatever stuff but to think its all just computer figures? I am already seeing a matchup with UK at some point and Alford looks to have Nevada playing well so I can see that possibility. Anyone that thinks they don't set up potential matchups for ratings is crazy

Reactions: Tscurlo
Polls don’t mean much in the grand scheme of things but I do think it’s comical that we have still have a fair amount of “fans” and posters with hot take comments about how much the players and coach suck, are garbage, terrible, et al. Not something you typically describe a top 15 team.

Upward and onward.
or so Id think.
Btw, how is Iowa State ranked so high? They are prolly due to drop to 23-25 range.

Upward and onward.
Are you relying on the same rankers that (1) picked IU as the odds-on preseason favorite to run away with the Big Ten Championship, and (2) did not in the preseason rank Purdue anywhere among the top 25 teams in the country?

I hope you don't rely on those same people to pick the mutual funds and crypto investments for your 401(k).

They aren't meaningless, I dont get the whole quad whatever stuff but to think its all just computer figures? I am already seeing a matchup with UK at some point and Alford looks to have Nevada playing well so I can see that possibility. Anyone that thinks they don't set up potential matchups for ratings is crazy
Rankings could be virtually the same as meaningless, unless we experts decide if we are using rankings to (1) indicate the teams playing the best right now, or (2) indicate the teams that have been the best all year, or (3) indicate the teams that should be the best, or (4) whatever whatever.

Remember, the No. 1 team in the country was unranked at the beginning of the season. What do we learn from that?

Are you relying on the same rankers that (1) picked IU as the odds-on preseason favorite to run away with the Big Ten Championship, and (2) did not in the preseason rank Purdue anywhere among the top 25 teams in the country?

I hope you don't rely on those same people to pick the mutual funds and crypto investments for your 401(k).
I'm not relying on anyone, just indicating what's going to happen, so you can stuff 'holier than thou' or whatever it is you're trying to sell.

I manage my own security and only idiots do/did crypto.

Rankings could be virtually the same as meaningless, unless we experts decide if we are using rankings to (1) indicate the teams playing the best right now, or (2) indicate the teams that have been the best all year, or (3) indicate the teams that should be the best, or (4) whatever whatever.

Remember, the No. 1 team in the country was unranked at the beginning of the season. What do we learn from that?
That they’ll suck in March like always

I'm not relying on anyone, just indicating what's going to happen, so you can stuff 'holier than thou' or whatever it is you're trying to sell.

Well, crypto would’ve been great to buy way early and sell in 2019-2020. Just saying. 🤣

As a number 1 seed I’d love to have them in our bracket. 😉

I’m not sure IU was picked by everyone. Lots of people didn’t.

Only idiots are in crypto? Lol okay.

Make that the number 3 team….

Maybe 4. Think they've been exposed, can't see as many still imagine they're better than Arizona.
So since they are likely to drop a couple of spots tomorrow, I guess their fans won't be over here on this site proclaiming that "it's almost like the game never happened". According to the PUke faithful, losses don't matter unless you fall out of the #1 spot in the polls. smh

One game at a time… rankings just dont matter until a few weeks from now. Take care of business at NW, then if you want to look ahead… beat Illinois. This is all we should be thinking about right now.

Rankings might not matter to some wanna be coach, but they certainly matter to recruits, players and staff while providing exposure for the program. I don’t understand how anyone can say “rankings don’t matter.” So dumb.
Want to see your teams highlights on ESPN? Be ranked
Want recruits to see your team is relevant?
Be ranked
Want players to have a little extra pride?
Be ranked
Want sell outs and crazy fan support?
Be ranked
I could go on, but maybe you get the point …….probably not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT