ADVERTISEMENT

For those who rebuke me for claiming to be a Republican but hating Trump

WhyisIUBBcursed

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2024
His insane rant about Haitians eating pets is exhibit A. My daughter has worked in refugee resettlement in Columbia, SC for 3 years. Her clients who are all here legally put up with this kind of bullshit all the time. It’s one thing for ignorant rednecks to make ignorant redneck comments. It’s entirely another for a man who wants to be the leader of the free world to say these asinine things. Do the people who ridicule these Haitians have a freaking clue what they’ve endured in their country? They are simply here to make a better life for themselves. Not to eat poor Fido.

His insane rant about Haitians eating pets is exhibit A. My daughter has worked in refugee resettlement in Columbia, SC for 3 years. Her clients who are all here legally put up with this kind of bullshit all the time. It’s one thing for ignorant rednecks to make ignorant redneck comments. It’s entirely another for a man who wants to be the leader of the free world to say these asinine things. Do the people who ridicule these Haitians have a freaking clue what they’ve endured in their country? They are simply here to make a better life for themselves. Not to eat poor Fido.
One of my best friends is Haitian. I agree it’s disgusting. But nice words don’t pay for crab legs, gas, day care, taxes to subsidize immigrants, cops, insurance, meds, etc. Had the Dems put up anyone other than a squad ticket it would be a no-brainer. But the Biden first 100 days was as bad is it gets and by choosing walz and Harris the party doubled down on shit policies.

Policy vs policy. Record vs record. That’s how I decide.

WhyCursed, would your Daughter question putting upwards of 20.000 Haitians in a town of only 60,000 which had been on an industrial decline ?

Think of the impact on the schools with so many youngsters struggling to speak English.

Just sounds questionable to me.

I don't rebuke you at all for disliking Trump. You've voted for him two more times than myself. I get annoyed with people like you because of your selective outrage and bigotry. You have very little empathy for the American citizens who are negatively impacted by terrible immigration polices and dismiss their unfortunate situations (the rednecks bigotry is noted). Your selective morality is what I dislike.

Last edited:
WhyCursed, would your Daughter question putting upwards of 20.000 Haitians in a town of only 60,000 which had been on an industrial decline ?

Think of the impact on the schools with so many youngsters struggling to speak English.

i've actually read a fair bit about this matter. lots of pluses and minuses. the rescue shelter was a no kill shelter bursting with pitbulls that the haitians quickley adopted and ate. to the point that the shelter closed down and donors were able to fund an opioid treatment facility in its stead. city abated taxes and it seems like a viable ongoing concern. at once they controlled population and abated drug usage.

the local high school coach was at first blush thrilled to see an influx of blacks, until he realized they all played the wrong football. the soccer team has new hope though as they are outdrawing football now.

the schools are struggling. social service programs are struggling to keep up. the system is overwhelmed. apparently the town was desperate for new residents and these haitians are breathing life into the dying industry there with new factories and businesses opening up now that they have reliable workers. from the sounds of it these people are saving the town. in some ways it's not unlike what the bosnians did for the city of stl. and the ratio is almost the same for our dying city. sure every last one of them smoke, and there's now a cloud outside of half the venues in the city, but they've elevated the local soccer community and provided much needed labor to factories/businesses throughout the city. similarly they cook big animals in their yards too. goats and shit. on spits.

Yeah, that was not only likely wrong, but unnecessary. There is a much stronger statement to be made about Springfield which he never touched. One of many missed opportunities to nail the debate in his favor. The mods and Kamala left a lot of opportunities on the floor which Trump cudda picked up and jammed right down their throats.

Trump has this unique ability to be substantially correct about all big issues and then sound like an incompetent dufus when talking about them.

i've actually read a fair bit about this matter. lots of pluses and minuses. the rescue shelter was a no kill shelter bursting with pitbulls that the haitians quickley adopted and ate. to the point that the shelter closed down and donors were able to fund an opioid treatment facility in its stead. city abated taxes and it seems like a viable ongoing concern. at once they controlled population and abated drug usage.

the local high school coach was at first blush thrilled to see an influx of blacks, until he realized they all played the wrong football. the soccer team has new hope though as they are outdrawing football now.

the schools are struggling. social service programs are struggling to keep up. the system is overwhelmed. apparently the town was desperate for new residents and these haitians are breathing life into the dying industry there with new factories and businesses opening up now that they have reliable workers. from the sounds of it these people are saving the town. in some ways it's not unlike what the bosnians did for the city of stl. and the ratio is almost the same for our dying city. sure every last one of them smoke, and there's now a cloud outside of half the venues in the city, but they've elevated the local soccer community and provided much needed labor to factories/businesses throughout the city. similarly they cook big animals in their yards too. goats and shit. on spits.
And their first gen kids will bolster our deep world cups runs in the 2040's.

I appreciate you looking at the bright side of this issue.

Won't need a paternity test, for sure...

I guess. I mean have been totally wrong about this entire cycle of players. I thought they’d do big things.
soft-kobe-bryant.gif

Clint Dempsey or Jermaine Jones would beat the piss out of every member of the current roster. And then teabag them while they whine about fairness and Berhalter getting shitcanned (twice).

• Haha
Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Doesn’t make sense how poorly they’ve performed on the big stage. Copa was an absolute disaster
Yeah it’s been shocking to me. We’ve never had so many players playing at such a high level
soft-kobe-bryant.gif

Clint Dempsey or Jermaine Jones would beat the piss out of every member of the current roster. And then teabag them while they whine about fairness and Berhalter getting shitcanned (twice).
Yeah I think so.

Reactions: larsIU
One of my best friends is Haitian. I agree it’s disgusting. But nice words don’t pay for crab legs, gas, day care, taxes to subsidize immigrants, cops, insurance, meds, etc. Had the Dems put up anyone other than a squad ticket it would be a no-brainer. But the Biden first 100 days was as bad is it gets and by choosing walz and Harris the party doubled down on shit policies.

Policy vs policy. Record vs record. That’s how I decide.
So what in the hell did trump do, speaking of records. Have you swallowed bleach lately?

You're in a large Republican club. After the election the Republican party needs to figure out what they're going to do to unite and be viable in the years to come. MAGA isn't the answer. Traditional Republican may not be the answer either. There will have to be a compromise of some kind - and MAGA culture absolutely can't be part of the answer.

I just read the article about this in the Dayton paper and it's about 16,000 (which is a lot) and no one put them there. They decided that was the place to go similar to many Muslims deciding to go to Detroit.

Yeah, that was not only likely wrong, but unnecessary. There is a much stronger statement to be made about Springfield which he never touched. One of many missed opportunities to nail the debate in his favor. The mods and Kamala left a lot of opportunities on the floor which Trump cudda picked up and jammed right down their throats.

Trump has this unique ability to be substantially correct about all big issues and then sound like an incompetent dufus when talking about them.
Like when he talks about tariffs. He has never understood who's actually paying those.

I just read the article about this in the Dayton paper and it's about 16,000 (which is a lot) and no one put them there. They decided that was the place to go similar to many Muslims deciding to go to Detroit.
Apparently some people would rather be in a declining community than accept people with differing backgrounds.

More taxpayers funding the community is not a bad thing.

Like when he talks about tariffs. He has never understood who's actually paying those.
He has been trying to sell that for 6 years, and he’s been so wrong on multiple levels. The tariffs he enacted in 2018, and which the Biden administration allowed to continue through his term, are a tax on all American citizens. Every single one.

You want to talk about where inflation started? That’s a good place to start. The company I worked for when those tariffs were enacted was severely impacted, and all of that additional cost - 100% - was passed on to consumers in the United States.

Literally 100%. For a self-proclaimed “business mogul,” he has zero clue how things like tariffs work. Absolutely zero.

You're in a large Republican club. After the election the Republican party needs to figure out what they're going to do to unite and be viable in the years to come. MAGA isn't the answer. Traditional Republican may not be the answer either. There will have to be a compromise of some kind - and MAGA culture absolutely can't be part of the answer.
Some of it is going to be. You will have to come to terms with that or be in the wilderness. The combativeness isn't going to go away and neither is the turn towards a much more constrained view on foreign policy. Our allies have ****ed themselves over on that by inserting themselves into our internal politics instead of just shutting the **** up and working with whomever wins. That is particularly the case when you weigh in things like this:

People are online and more connected than ever. Euros are interacting with Americans on places like Twitter and Reddit and if you go and peer into those corners, they are often just an extension of our own Democrats. It is like having a German IUHickory not only saying the US sucks but that the GOP sucks in particular.

I think the combativeness and the isolationism are your two main beefs. I don't expect that to go away and the party is going to have to cater to those folks in some form or fashion in order to keep getting their votes. I think the immigration things is going to come to a head as well. The party has a ton of blue collar workers now who do see all that illegal cheap labor being welcomed to places like Springfield, OH and California being offered goodies that they don't get while competing for their jobs. The GOP will have a full on revolt on their hands if they side with the Chamber of Commerce on that.

It is going to take someone with some real political smarts to thread that needle. Some of you guys who are 90% on the same team have been going at each other more viciously than you go at the people you disagree with 90% of the time....there are a bunch of bruised feelings on each side of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT