ADVERTISEMENT

For the Mod that.

Pat maroon would take his kid to my kid’s school playground. I hung out with him a lot. Tall but not built. Not muscular. Tony twist I have a close mutual friend with. We were all drunk at Napoli one night about ten years ago and I told him to go ahead. Pop me on the shoulder. Let’s see it. I couldn’t lift that arm for two weeks. Fists like canned hams. Guy was a Fing beast

Maroon looks like a guy that likes bar fights. He’s listed at 6’3”, 235.

What are these sacred rules? I've never seen any rules posted and have kind of gritted my teeth and cringed when I've hit the Post reply button at times.
Rivals has rules, which are uniformly ignored by this site's 'moderators':

1. No attacking other posters.
2. No repetitive negative posting.
3. No Flaming.

Quite simple.

Even a caveman living in his mom's breezeway should be able to figure this out.

Reactions: DANC
Rivals has rules, which are uniformly ignored by this site's 'moderators':

1. No attacking other posters.
2. No repetitive negative posting.
3. No Flaming.
Attacking a poster includes using his name in a thread he didn't start nor did he participate in, for the purpose of getting a reaction.
Consistently responding to posts with no merit, other than the intent of belittling them, in short, making them a target.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Attacking a poster includes using his name in a thread he didn't start nor did he participate in, for the purpose of getting a reaction.
Consistently responding to posts with no merit, other than the intent of belittling them, in short, making them a target.
No repetitive negative posting.
If a poster repeatedly comes to the forum posting the exact same thing about the exact same topic, day in and day out, that is repetitive.

These are good rules. Would take work to enforce tho.

bWM2eWYfN3r20.webp

No repetitive negative posting.
If a poster repeatedly comes to the forum posting the exact same thing about the exact same topic, day in and day out, that is repetitive.
Mass, you bring up a subject, being repetitive, which Buzz as moderator found unacceptable. He would delete the post and send a personal email explaining why.

The Buzz approach reduced the number of posts, but arguably the Cooler was more interesting.

Admittingly my repetition is complaining about how divided our country has become to the point of not being able to compromise and find solutions. In my defense it is hard to come the Cooler and not be aware of our inability to reach consensus.

Whoops, there I go again.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Mass, you bring up a subject, being repetitive, which Buzz as moderator found unacceptable. He would delete the post and send a personal email explaining why.

The Buzz approach reduced the number of posts, but arguably the Cooler was more interesting.

Admittingly my repetition is complaining about how divided our country has become to the point of not being able to compromise and find solutions. In my defense it is hard to come the Cooler and not be aware of our inability to reach consensus.

Would Sunday's trump assassination attempts be folded into older threads or just outright deleted under the Buzz approach?

Our rivals to the north have the Rivals rules of order pinned on their general discussion open forum.
I'm sure the Rivals site has them posted.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark

I disagree about Buzz. He had favorites and wasn't even handed at all. For example, Rockfish was a Buzz favorite. Rockfish cut and pasted his responses, including insults, over and over again. I won 50 bucks from another poster on a bet that I could get Rockfish to post a certain lengthy insult word for word. He was that predictable and Buzz was just as predictable in that he would ignore the rules for Rockfish.

Don't get me wrong. For the most part the board was a bit more civil back then and I prefer that. However, Buzz wasn't the best moderator we've had IMO. Also, he hated Bob Knight! ;)

Our rivals to the north have the Rivals rules of order pinned on their general discussion open forum.
I'm sure the Rivals site has them posted.
Interesting that a moderator continually laughs at the notion of forum rules that he's supposed to enforce.

Otherwise, why did he want to be a mod so badly?

I disagree about Buzz. He had favorites and wasn't even handed at all. For example, Rockfish was a Buzz favorite. Rockfish cut and pasted his responses, including insults, over and over again. I won 50 bucks from another poster on a bet that I could get Rockfish to post a certain lengthy insult word for word. He was that predictable and Buzz was just as predictable in that he would ignore the rules for Rockfish.

Don't get me wrong. For the most part the board was a bit more civil back then and I prefer that. However, Buzz wasn't the best moderator we've had IMO. Also, he hated Bob Knight! ;)
Dunning-Kruger. Shit this whole board is the DK effect save certain subjects. For me? Barca 2010-2015. Federation wrestling. And all things Alaska.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Interesting that a moderator continually laughs at the notion of forum rules that he's supposed to enforce.

Otherwise, why did he want to be a mod so badly?
The rules posted on the Rivals site have been pretty much the same for some time, years...

The rules interpretation by a mob of mods across the country could only devolve...and it has..

My opinion is that the laughing is directed to the thought that the board had any rules at all....

....so just kinda bump along...

Aloha, pretty much agree with you about Buzz putting Rock on a pedestal and not idolizing RMK.

My post being supportive of Buzz was focusing on Mass's mentioning posters at the Cooler who keep repeating the same themes and manage to insert them into their posts no matter what the subject is.

Back in the day, one of the main complaints was about Buzz calling himself a conservative (Republican). For example, Buzz referred to GWB as Shrub. These days many MAGA Republicans share Buzz's thoughts about Shrub.

So, Aloha, who is or isn't a Republican in name only ? :)

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Aloha, pretty much agree with you about Buzz putting Rock on a pedestal and not idolizing RMK.

My post being supportive of Buzz was focusing on Mass's mentioning posters at the Cooler who keep repeating the same themes and manage to insert them into their posts no matter what the subject is.

Back in the day, one of the main complaints was about Buzz calling himself a conservative (Republican). For example, Buzz referred to GWB as Shrub. These days many MAGA Republicans share Buzz's thoughts about Shrub.

Republicans are free to like or dislike any Republican President.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Republicans are free to like or dislike any Republican President.

To this we can add, Dems and Pubs can dislike presidents of their own party and find the guy from the other party worse (lesser of the two evils argument).

Also don't particularly like him but his policies (think talking points) are good.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Buzz banned me at least 3 times.
Each time ARuss reinstated me, once within minutes....
Buzz knew banning me was a solid no.....so he quit.
It was Buzz, Rockfish(wew!) and a third manlet whose lips stayed attached to their asses..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT