ADVERTISEMENT

Florida has one million more registered Republicans

And the blue states will respond by raising taxes even higher on the workers that they have left exasperating the problem even more. Cutting social services for deadbeats is a non starter.
Exacerbating.

And, yes, California just hiked their income taxes.

However, Newsom is also proposing spending cuts. As is common, the proposed cuts are ones that people will react viscerally to. Child care. Kindergartners. It's like clockwork.

"Noooo...don't cut that!"

"OK. Then I need to raise your taxes more."

They are idiots? I’m joking. Hoops seems to love Chicago and their governance. Good for him. It’s why I’m for a much smaller Federal government. People should be allowed to be governed by laws they agree with and able to move freely when they don’t agree with them.

The most Democratic-like move ever is California trying to levy a wealth tax on people after they have left the state, for up to 10 years.

How can anyone stand these people?

Reactions: snarlcakes
The most Democratic-like move ever is California trying to levy a wealth tax on people after they have left the state, for up to 10 years.

But it’s the fact they’re even having to consider radical (and unworkable, and maybe even unconstitutional) policies like this that is so instructive.

They’re on an unsustainable course, they know it, and because they don’t have the option of printing their own currency, they’re forced to deal with it the old fashioned way: by sharply raising taxes and/or cutting spending.

I Dont Like It Steve Austin GIF by BuzzFeed

Last edited:
But it’s the fact they’re even having to consider radical (and unworkable, and maybe even unconstitutional) policies like this that is so instructive.

They’re on an unsustainable course, they know it, and because they don’t have the option of printing their own currency, they’re forced to deal with it the old fashioned way: by sharply raising taxes and/or cutting spending.
This is why it's important to keep the Federal Government small. States don't have the ability to print and are forced to tax their citizens. There should be an amendment in place that makes it illegal for the Federal Government to run up massive deficits. In the end this is why Bitcoin wins. Governments are greedy and can't help themselves from stealing from their citizens. It has been happening for the past 5,000 years.

This is why it's important to keep the Federal Government small. States don't have the ability to print and are forced to tax their citizens. There should be an amendment in place that makes it illegal for the Federal Government to run up massive deficits. In the end this is why Bitcoin wins. Governments are greedy and can't help themselves from stealing from their citizens. It has been happening for the past 5,000 years.
I think there are currently 29 states (of 34 needed) that have moved for an Article V convention on a Balanced Budget Amendment.

The proposed text allows for supermajorities in Congress to override it in times of war, national emergency, or recession.

But it’s been stalled there for a while - and, alas, is unlikely to ever get across the finish line.

Reactions: snarlcakes

To be fair to California, the capital gains loophole is a legitimate problem. Of course, one might argue it's only a problem because California makes it unattractive to retire there in the first place.

I think you’ll see more and more deep red states and deep blue states. The difference between the two parties is striking. I couldn’t imagine living in Illinois. Yeah @DrHoops I said it. Your state is a shit hole. Don’t even get me started on Michigan.
Illinois is basically Indiana with Chicago. I don’t think I’ve ever said to myself “Hey, let’s go down to Springfield!”

In my mind, downstate Illinois doesn’t exist. I don’t care if the entire population south of Chicago moves on. They’re deplorables.

Illinois is basically Indiana with Chicago. I don’t think I’ve ever said to myself “Hey, let’s go down to Springfield!”

In my mind, downstate Illinois doesn’t exist. I don’t care if the entire population south of Chicago moves on. They’re deplorables.
Send the deplorables to Indiana. We’ll put them on the Dream Team.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT