ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Woody

They just fired a football coach with a $20 million buyout I'm sure they can find someone to pony up that money.
Yea. We have a lot of $, we are in one of the two mega conferences with huge TV deals.

It costs us a lot to keep a bad coach too. NIL, donations, tickets, merch, etc goes down.

I hate the idea of firing anyone at any time. It’s hard on everyone involved. But you couldn’t slap the smile off my face if I woke up tomorrow and found out Woody had joined Holtmann in the unemployment line.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
How? This team hasn’t improved at all. I’m all for giving coaches 3-4 years if they’re actually making improvements. This team still can’t shoot wide open 3’s or play defense. The rebounding is horrible
Look at minnesota this year vs iu. Both third year coaches but headed in different directions

Reactions: edub72
Woody has to go. We had Fife and Woody didn't like him because Dane knew how to teach and Woody doesn't. Our players are playing the same as they did the first game because, Woody can't teach. They don't know how to block out, set screens or shoot the three. Same game plan every week. Wait.....I don't think he has a plan.
I think Woody's ego was intimidated with Fife being next in line potentionally. I really think a fragile ego was the beginning of all of that chaos.

I hate the idea of firing anyone at any time. It’s hard on everyone involved. But you couldn’t slap the smile off my face if I woke up tomorrow and found out Woody had joined Holtmann in the unemployment line.
I turned on Fischer on my phone when i saw the score kept getting closer. I caught the ending 2 free throws from Barnheizer? Anyways when the second free throw went down, to push the lead to four, it was as excited as I have been all season. God please make the change at the end of the season. I want his ego to experience a loss every last game of the season. Mainly because of throwing the players under the bus the entire season without taking accountability.

Yea. Firings suck, some people are impacted negatively.

But on the bright side Woody is plenty rich and everyone, players included, will generally be better off for it, assuming we hire a decent coach.

Woody has a weak staff it's killing him. Blaming the players for ever loss is getting old. If they aren't prepared that's on the staff. Where are the guards in the next class? I think Buchner will make sure he gets another year. He needs to retool his staff.

Woody has a weak staff it's killing him. Blaming the players for ever loss is getting old. If they aren't prepared that's on the staff. Where are the guards in the next class? I think Buchner will make sure he gets another year. He needs to retool his staff.
replacing his staff is not going to help. his basic philosophy stinks. why do you think he got rid of fife and matta?

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I think Woody's ego was intimidated with Fife being next in line potentionally. I really think a fragile ego was the beginning of all of that chaos.
What has Fife ever shown to deserve being a head coach in waiting? Something like that is so stupid it would annoy a lot of coaches. I don't know if it was ever fact that it was looked at that way, but many on this board seem to claim so.

He has recruiters as asst coaches

What has Fife ever shown to deserve being a head coach in waiting? Something like that is so stupid it would annoy a lot of coaches. I don't know if it was ever fact that it was looked at that way, but many on this board seem to claim so.
People on this board have no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT