ADVERTISEMENT

Fife Gone

IU was not a even a mediocre shooting team, you're quibling over meningless stuff. So what improvements in shooting did the coaching staff accomplish that impacted anything? The results are on the floor. "Improvement" of a couple of percentage points here or there is meaningless. Improvement to me means a meaningful improvement that impacts the team as an effective shooting team - that didn't happen.

So your argument is complete crap. There was no MEANINGFUL improvement in shooting - fix it for you moron?
I can’t help that your comment remains total dog shit. Take the L and move along. Moron

To whom did Fife purportedly extend an offer that he had been directed to not?

Colvin, the kid that committed to Purdue.

Also, he got taken off the Booker recruitment and was replaced by Kenya, from from understanding because of it.

That really pissed a lot of people off because everyone knew he was going to Purdue and Indiana had a rule that you don't offer a kid that hadn't visited, which Colvin hadn't. Booker wasn't happy when that occurred.

Team 3 pt. shooting percentage was 13th? in the B1G. What improvement was there in terms of shooting that impacted games positively. Look at the playin and tornament games - 15% against Wyoming, 20% against St. Mary's. Season was 33%, that ranked 210 in college basketball. So what if a few players improved marginally, IU had an extremely poor 3 pt. sooting percentage. IU FT percentage was 70%, that ranked 235 in college basketball. If YOU are going to make assertions get your facts right or are you defending a coaching staff and players that shot like crap from the 3 pt. line and the FT line?
Looks like Walsh, who shot 40% from three at Akron, should be capable of coaching shooters

I can’t help that your comment remains total dog shit. Take the L and move along. Moron
Your so call shooting percentage improvements resulted in exactly what? We didn't make the top 200 in 3 pt. or FT shooting percentage. Terrible is terrible, you want to hang your brilliant argument on players improving shooting a percentage points here or there as meaningful, go right ahead dumbass. If that's the point you want to make ok. Still proves and means nothing - IU was a shitty team shooting the basketball, degrees of shittiness don't matter. Coaches and players didn't improve enough and that is all that matters.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Woodson has more basketball experience than Matta and Fife combine. Neither were hired to teach Woodson the game of basketball. Matta was hired to help Woodson navigate through the college basketball world for his first year or two on the job. Matta isn't going anywhere yet and him leaving 2-3 years down the road doesn't change the reason why he was hired. No one is expecting Matta to hold Woodson's hand for 4 or 5 more years.

I bet there is a very real chance Randy Whitman is the new assistant coach hired as Woodson has been taking a ton of advice from him since the start of the year. This directly contradicts your once again negative and ever sky is falling viewpoint of Indiana basketball.
This didn't age well...🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT