ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

There's not going to be any shortage of FEMA money. Good grief. How ridiculous.

Mayorkas is a moron for coming out and wording things like he did... Maybe he thought it was good politics to try to blame the GOP Congress.

This entire topic is total kabuki theater. Silly season. Fake.
Mayorkas is a moron and needs to be replaced for countless things

If a hurricane hits next week there is a shortage. And for the party that cries climate shit it’s typical. We would have to get members back etc. reps have said early November is realistic. That’s a month.

And believe me this a pub problem too. Gaetz and other dumbshits voted against it in the patch

Yes, your post had your own disclaimers. But it was just red meat for the dogs on here. Look at the responses.

I expect nothing less from this hell hole, so no big deal.
Every time I see someone comment on what a hell hole this place is or about the low info rabid dogs getting red meat, I think that person must not have been here for the Trump years.

Every other thread was breathlessly reporting the latest “proof” that our president was a Russian stooge in the employ of Putin.

It was just as bad if not worse then.

Yes, your post had your own disclaimers. But it was just red meat for the dogs on here. Look at the responses.

I expect nothing less from this hell hole, so no big deal.
Elvira Mistress Of The Dark Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

Every time I see someone comment on what a hell hole this place is or about the low info rabid dogs getting red meat, I think that person must not have been here for the Trump years.

Every other thread was breathlessly reporting the latest “proof” that our president was a Russian stooge in the employ of Putin.

Yes it's been bad for a decade+.

And this is a board that's supposedly made up of people more educated and successful than the general public at large.... *shudder*

I'm pretty sure there is no hope. All of politics is just one large disinformation game.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

And this is a board that's supposedly made up of people more educated and successful than the general public at large.... *shudder*

I'm pretty sure there is no hope. All of politics is just one large disinformation game.
Where is the disinformation:
Mayorkas said they were short
1 billion has been spent on sheltering migrants
That it wasn’t pulled from pot A to pot B is of little moment. It’s another blunder. Hurricane hits next week we’re in trouble. As mayorkas said. And again mayorkas is worthless but so are all the republicans who voted against including funding in the stop gap

Where is the disinformation:
Mayorkas said they were short
1 billion has been spent on sheltering migrants
That it wasn’t pulled from pot A to pot B is of little moment. It’s another blunder. Hurricane hits next week we’re in trouble. As mayorkas said. And again mayorkas is worthless but so are all the republicans who voted against including funding in the stop gap

By that logic.... Literally anything the govt has spent money on in the last two years is the reason for the FEMA shortfall.

Also Mayorkas is playing politics. And doing it poorly.

They just got $20B allocated literally 4 days ago. Dems are pushing for an emergency call back session prior to the election to force uncomfortable votes on the GOP. It's all bullshit.

Mayorkas disinformation. GOP responds with their own disinformation pulling out this migrant program that's funded by CBP but happens to be executed by FEMA.

Reactions: largemouth
By that logic.... Literally anything the govt has spent money on in the last two years is the reason for the FEMA shortfall.

Also Mayorkas is playing politics. And doing it poorly.

They just got $20B allocated literally 4 days ago. Dems are pushing for an emergency call back session prior to the election to force uncomfortable votes on the GOP. It's all bullshit.

Mayorkas disinformation. GOP responds with their own disinformation pulling out this migrant program that's funded by CBP but happens to be executed by FEMA.
In spirit re funding other shit you’re right. But it’s also the point. And I agree to an extent with the intent of disinformation you highlight. I’m not sure it doesn’t again capture the spirit of the stupidity of our priorities with funding.

Nope. It's what the DHS Appropriation language says. It is CBP funding that Congress authorized to be transferred to FEMA for actual execution. Has absolutely nothing to do with the FEMA disaster relief funds.

A form of this program has appropriated by Congress since 2019. Hmmm....

I'll try once more. At some point, just admit you're wrong and move on.

Here from the Congressional Research Service report.....

Authority, Funding, and Allowable Activities
The DHS Appropriations Act, 2024 (P.L. 118-47, Div. C, Title II) directed Customs and Border Protection
(CBP) to transfer $650 million of its FY2024 appropriation to FEMA for the SSP. The funding is
to support sheltering and related activities provided by non-Federal entities, in support of relieving
overcrowding in [CBP] short-term holding facilities.

You are being manipulated with government bullshit.

Mayorkas said: FEMA is short on disaster relief funds because of migrant spending. That’s true.

When FEMA set up the migrant food and shelter program, Mayorkas said Congress provided funds and he had the authority to use other agency funds for that program. True statement.

FEMA’s denial of the GOP charge of misusing disaster funds is to the effect that “FEMA did not use disaster funds for non-disaster purposes.” True statement.

When migrants were sleeping on streets with no shelter or food, (like they did in Denver) Mayorkas said that was a disaster.

You shouldn’t assume the government, and particular Mayorkas are forthright and honest.

All of this is sourced with various internet pages, and I don’t have the time to find them all again.

Reactions: 76-1
Musk is voting for him. The one bringing vital connectivity.

What progressive policies do you like?
Musk, a guy who built a business on government subsidies, becoming the beacon of conservative principles is a real head scratcher to me. But I guess he does talk shit about “the woke” so that is enough I guess.

Reactions: largemouth
Musk, a guy who built a business on government subsidies, becoming the beacon of conservative principles is a real head scratcher to me. But I guess he does talk shit about “the woke” so that is enough I guess.
Not only that. He’s the leading EV guy. Strange bedfellows

In 2000 our population was 281 million and 105 million people voted. In 2020 our population was 331 million people and 158 million people voted. That is a substantial increase in voter turnout. Also during that 20 year period, social media went from a novelty to an obsession. That has been been the main ingredient in our recipe for political disaster.

You are being manipulated with government bullshit.

Mayorkas said: FEMA is short on disaster relief funds because of migrant spending. That’s true.

False. He made no such claim.

When FEMA set up the migrant food and shelter program, Mayorkas said Congress provided funds and he had the authority to use other agency funds for that program. True statement.

False. Congress directed DHS to transfer funds from CBP to FEMA for execution, just like they do with all programs. They are usually at the requests of the exec branch, but it cannot be done without congressional approval. They started doing this in 2019 under the Trump admin to basically grant money to NGOs that were housing migrants because of overcrowding in detention centers.

FEMA’s denial of the GOP charge of misusing disaster funds is to the effect that “FEMA did not use disaster funds for non-disaster purposes.” True statement.

Yes. As it's true.

When migrants were sleeping on streets with no shelter or food, (like they did in Denver) Mayorkas said that was a disaster.

So what?

You shouldn’t assume the government, and particular Mayorkas are forthright and honest.

I don't. They are all liars.

All of this is sourced with various internet pages, and I don’t have the time to find them all again.
Lol.

i don't think it's despicable at all. we should be very critical of matters like this. fema short funding is completely absurd. everything is tied together. we opened the border and created a new obligation so monies were appropriated; monies that could have gone to other things, and now we have a shortfall. another hits tomorrow we're in trouble. as you said we have failures of leadership all over our country. fema short on money is one of them.
But you could go through the entire government, or agency, or agencies, and make the same claim. There’s a reason they want to compare the spending on illegal immigrants.

I wonder how much spending was allocated in the Lankford bill?

False. He made no such claim.

False. Congress directed DHS to transfer funds from CBP to FEMA for execution, just like they do with all programs. They are usually at the requests of the exec branch, but it cannot be done without congressional approval. They started doing this in 2019 under the Trump admin to basically grant money to NGOs that were housing migrants because of overcrowding in detention centers.

Yes. As it's true.

So what?

I don't. They are all liars.

Lol.
CO.Hoosier twenty is right. Mayorkas said they have money to meet immediate needs. They don’t have money to make it to the end of the season. Gop pulled in migrants for political points

That said in my view it is all connected. Twenty made the logical extension well then you can say so is any funding. And I think that’s right. That’s still a problem. Money spent on migrant shelters, a problem we created, is money that could have gone to any number of things

@Digressions

Reactions: twenty02
CO.Hoosier twenty is right. Mayorkas said they have money to meet immediate needs. They don’t have money to make it to the end of the season. Gop pulled in migrants for political points

That said in my view it is all connected. Twenty made the logical extension well then you can say so is any funding. And I think that’s right. That’s still a problem. Money spent on migrant shelters, a problem we created, is money that could have gone to any number of things

@Digressions

We've just so into the bottom of the barrel with politics in this country...

Can't even make it one week after a major natural disaster before it's all partisan bullshit.

Fk it all.

It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to go play golf in a while, then down to the lake house for the weekend, some hiking with the kids, bonfires.... I might not come back. All politicians can go to hell.

You guys are working really hard to manufacture this outrage. Unfortunately the maga propaganda machine is very effective. It's sad its being used this way. But it's par for the course.

You guys are working really hard to manufacture this outrage. Unfortunately the maga propaganda machine is very effective. It's sad its being used this way. But it's par for the course.
It’s not tho. There are some basic facts. FEMA is short funding. Billions spent on illegals through stupid Dem policies. That’s a fact. Is there a direct connection like the gop wants? No. But it is all connected in my view

We've just so into the bottom of the barrel with politics in this country...

Can't even make it one week after a major natural disaster before it's all partisan bullshit.

Fk it all.

It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to go play golf in a while, then down to the lake house for the weekend, some hiking with the kids, bonfires.... I might not come back. All politicians can go to hell.
I was all amped up for some hay rides and the pumpkin patch tomorrow at eckert’s in Illinois but it’s going to be almost 90! Miserable.

It’s not tho. There are some basic facts. FEMA is short funding. Billions spent on illegals through stupid Dem policies. That’s a fact. Is there a direct connection like the gop wants? No. But it is all connected in my view
Do you think FEMA should have unlimited funding? Because if not, things like this will happen. Acts of God can't be planned for 100%. As Twenty stated, by that logic, and spending anywhere could be pointed to as the fault of FEMAs potential short fall.

I actually think most people would like government spending reigned in however I don't know how that would fix this potential issue.

Do you think FEMA should have unlimited funding? Because if not, things like this will happen. Acts of God can't be planned for 100%. As Twenty stated, by that logic, and spending anywhere could be pointed to as the fault of FEMAs potential short fall.

I actually think most people would like government spending reigned in however I don't know how that would fix this potential issue.
I think there is a quite a gap between more funding and unlimited. FEMA should never have shortfalls over disasters in light of what we spend on other things, including sheltering migrants that shouldn’t be roaming around on a non confined docket to begin with

I will add that optics matter. Perception. When every x days we hear we are sending more money to Ukraine. When we hear 15 million people have crossed the border and we are providing prepaid debit cards and sheltering (to what extent true people hear it) then see our own citizens in peril and the gov say eh we don’t have money if another hits, it’s frankly absurd

I think there is a quite a gap between more funding and unlimited. FEMA should never have shortfalls over disasters in light of what we spend on other things, including sheltering migrants that shouldn’t be roaming around on a non confined docket to begin with

As crazy as IGW was....I think he may have been spot on in regards to how good the political class is at getting the citizenry focused and enraged about what amounts to minuscule issues.

I mean seriously....$600m over a year. $1b over two years?

The DoD spends more than that every 6 hours.

Last edited:
As crazy as IGW was....I think he may have been spot in regards to how good the political class is at getting the citizenry focused and enraged about what amounts to minuscule issues.

I mean seriously....$600m over a year. $1b over two years?

The DoD spends more than that every 6 hours.
Of course that’s true but it is the gov telling people they don’t have funding, in the middle of a horrific disaster. You think the people of app are going through appropriations and budgets? Discretionary and non discretionary. They represent all people

Remember mayorkas, the gov, brought this up

Of course that’s true but it is the gov telling people they don’t have funding, in the middle of a horrific disaster. You think the people of app are going through appropriations and budgets? Discretionary and non discretionary. They represent all people

Remember mayorkas, the gov, brought this up

Of course. Was dumb to bring it up. Unless it's just about some political angle, which it is.

In real funding emergencies you have discussions with Congressional leaders.... Not to a press gaggle onboard Air Force One.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT