ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Duel Projected ‘24 Win Total for IU at 5.5

IU had enough talent to win 6 games last year but the coaching staff negated that. Bell was a disaster. Opie commanded the defense along with the guy who was terrible at Duke and an analyst at Ohio State. The fundamentals were awful all year long. Tackling was absolutely a joke. Pass coverage was terrible. Based on Allen’s comments at PSU in his introductory press conference, I got the the feeling he was really glad to get out of the head coaching role.
For $15 million, I would be happy to get out too.

Probably less stress and less spotlight being a DC...even at Penn St.

I think 5.5 is pretty damn accurate. I see IU as a small underdog at UCLA, MD, at NW, NEB, WASH, and at MSU. I see Purdue as a toss up. I'm hoping we win 3/7 mentioned, but I could definitely see 2/7.

I've seen two "too early" predictions of the BT standings for '24......both had us picked 18th. One had us 18th and Purdue 17th. The bottom 5 on these lists, in somewhat different orders, are IU, Purdue, MSU, Rutgers, and Minnesota. Maryland, NW and Nebraska are viewed as a step above those 5 teams.

We play MSU & Purdue, but not MN or Rutgers. So 3 BT wins would be viewed as a successful season by the college football world. That would put us in a good recruiting position for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT