ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities

Like I said, neither Knight nor the University will ever apologize or express regret or remorse, so what we have is likely as good as it gets for awhile.

As for Jordan, I’m not big on renaming, but his views were way out of line, regardless of when they were expressed.
Let’s just say they’re both bullies, the university’s upper hierarchy and General Knight. The latter one I want leading me, not those stove-pipe trousered…I’ll bite my tongue-it’s not pierced. The kids who grew up with computer games in their cribs are now the ones calling the back room shots, moving our country into a perpetual tug of war. It’s why our country is seemingly in such a mess. Maybe that’s in the plan, playing puppets of the land.

Let’s just say they’re both bullies, the university’s upper hierarchy and General Knight. The latter one I want leading me, not those stove-pipe trousered…I’ll bite my tongue-it’s not pierced. The kids who grew up with computer games in their cribs are now the ones calling the back room shots, moving our country into a perpetual tug of war. It’s why our country is seemingly in such a mess. Maybe that’s in the plan, playing puppets of the land.
Yeah, Knight and IU dug in deep and chose absoluteness, inflexibility and pride over reasonableness . . . No great shock that it still sits poorly with so many, all these years later.

Yeah, Knight and IU dug in deep and chose absoluteness, inflexibility and pride over reasonableness . . . No great shock that it still sits poorly with so many, all these years later.
One of college basketball’s tragedies. A lot of people celebrated his fall from grace…people who had already fallen, fallen for the bait. Bob approves of this message.

If university leadership would be a bit creative, they could identify multiple university needs that go beyond athletics and that could be addressed in a major memorial stadium renovation, potentially allowing for reduced costs and definitely creating more visual and practical impact. Notre Dame's recent stadium renovation included classrooms, labs, and administrative offices in the structure - including the psychology department and Kansas is creating a special district with its stadium renovation and including a conference center in a stadium-attached building. A major addition for just suites is likely difficult to make an ROI case for at IU, but a major addition that integrates athletics and academic needs is easier to justify and to pay for. The building could be 365 for more than athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators.

If university leadership would be a bit creative, they could identify multiple university needs that go beyond athletics and that could be addressed in a major memorial stadium renovation, potentially allowing for reduced costs and definitely creating more visual and practical impact. Notre Dame's recent stadium renovation included classrooms, labs, and administrative offices in the structure - including the psychology department and Kansas is creating a special district with its stadium renovation and including a conference center in a stadium-attached building. A major addition for just suites is likely difficult to make an ROI case for at IU, but a major addition that integrates athletics and academic needs is easier to justify and to pay for. The building could be 365 for more than athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators.
Read up on the on site innovative Excellence Academy launched by Fred Glass. A game changer that others had to copy

The excellence academy is fine, but it's still just an athlete-only concept, not quite the integration I alluded to.
The Cuban center for sports media is in TAH I believe and that in student centric. MS is a small footprint by comparison so building would have to be out and net new and the parking areas have already been compromised with other structures.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I enjoy reading the many versions of his many “incidents”
It’s funny how history gets distorted in the warpage of space-time. It makes it difficult to know where it is we’re really at. All these years we thought David Starr Jordan, Christopher Columbus and Robert Montgomery Knight were honorable men. Who knew! What honorable people in history today will be disparaged by the changing morals of tomorrow?

Nothing stays the same except nothing.

It’s funny how history gets distorted in the warpage of space-time. It makes it difficult to know where it is we’re really at. All these years we thought David Starr Jordan, Christopher Columbus and Robert Montgomery Knight were honorable men. Who knew! What honorable people in history today will be disparaged by the changing morals of tomorrow?

Nothing stays the same except nothing.
And just like that, everyone was mad at statues

It takes thinking out of the box that I don't think IU can do.

Reactions: indy1203
If we're going to put another statue up I'd go with one for Bill Mallory (for his character not the W-L record). I'd add a placard detailing his history of building young men...

Place it somewhere where it won't conflict with GT's statue and we're good to go...

And just like that, everyone was mad at statues

"he hates these cans"

he-hates-these-cans.jpg

"

Anyone got a link to the survey? Would like to put my 2cents in! Like replacing all the metal bleachers with padded seats. Also wouldnt mind if they would change the midfield logo to something better! Stuff like that!
I haven't received anything yet. Not that it will matter.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Anyone got a link to the survey? Would like to put my 2cents in! Like replacing all the metal bleachers with padded seats. Also wouldnt mind if they would change the midfield logo to something better! Stuff like that!
I've said for years that they ought to, at minimum, roll out some closed cell foam padding covered in HD sailcloth over those bleachers (with the administration always turning a deaf ear)...

A simple Block I at the center of the field would be best (the block I was ours before it was Ill's) and then stick a state "logo" at each end/corner of the field (with them actually paralleling each sideline while ignoring all this perfect rendition of the state borders nonsense...

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it (for going on 40 plus years)... I'm certain they'll get right on it... 🙄

Never been a fan of the 'I', too old to reconsider. The pitchfork is an unmistakable, recognizable brand. Iona, Idaho, really? Also would like to see cream and black "trim" vs always white and/or crimson.

I've said for years that they ought to, at minimum, roll out some closed cell foam padding covered in HD sailcloth over those bleachers (with the administration always turning a deaf ear)...

A simple Block I at the center of the field would be best (the block I was ours before it was Ill's) and then stick a state "logo" at each end/corner of the field (with them actually paralleling each sideline while ignoring all this perfect rendition of the state borders nonsense...

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it (for going on 40 plus years)... I'm certain they'll get right on it... 🙄
I like the padded bleacher seat idea, although I think they would have to constantly be repairing them.

I like the state logo at the center of the field. To me, a block I isn't very creative and it smacks too much of Illinois (it's weird our FB and BB facilities are name the same already).

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
If we're going to put another statue up I'd go with one for Bill Mallory (for his character not the W-L record). I'd add a placard detailing his history of building young men...

Place it somewhere where it won't conflict with GT's statue and we're good to go...

This is far and away the best post in this thread!

what's the administrations end goal?

to maximize the attendance, make for a better fan experience, or to maximize the revenues including "donations".

i think we know the answer to that one, and it isn't what will most benefit IU on the field, or make for the best overall bang for the buck fan experience.

and again, i'm guessing this survey is total BS, and they already know what they are and aren't going to do.

que the usual suspects bots.

Reactions: DANC
Nothing in the article indicates that suites/expanded press box are not under consideration. They list premium seating options and locations as an item for exploration, which would seem to include the possibility of additional suites and/or press box expansion.

I'll forever be annoyed at the SEZ expansion. Why they added a 3rd architectural style instead of continuing the look and feel of the NEZ, I'll never understand. feels very IU football - piecemeal, uncoordinated, and not thoughtful. Hopefully they don't make things worse with any new additions or renovations.
Agree although "architectural style" might be too strong. It looks like a no-name hotel just off the interstate (except for the big screen).

I like the padded bleacher seat idea, although I think they would have to constantly be repairing them.

I like the state logo at the center of the field. To me, a block I isn't very creative and it smacks too much of Illinois (it's weird our FB and BB facilities are name the same already).
A lot of fans are not staying after halftime padded seat
or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT