ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Shaw Back in the Portal

The Bama Qb signed 5 weeks ago, enrolled early at Bama 2 weeks ago and portaled to Ohio St today.
Because spring classes started Jan 8th at tOSU, I'm concerned for this young man's ability to catch up on his studies.

On a related note, I heard that a space heater in tOSU Football Dormitory caused the dorm to catch fire last night and it was a total loss. In fact, all 20 textbooks were lost. Worse yet, 15 of them hadn't even been colored in yet.**

**H/T to Coach Spurrier

I'd like to see him given the extra edge of a Red Shirt year (along with anyone else who that might be applicable to); giving him an extra couple of months of bulking up strength and conditioning, along with specific technique coaching and then attempting to utilize he and the rest of the Red Shirts for 4 of the last 5 games of next (2024) season... They might help us and even if they don't, they'll learn what they need to work on to be ready to play in 2025...

Not to be argumentative, but he's been with our new S&C coach his whole career and is already at 305 pounds.

I think he's probably at the weight they want him at, which means he's probably got the strength portion of their program down.

Not to be argumentative, but he's been with our new S&C coach his whole career and is already at 305 pounds.

I think he's probably at the weight they want him at, which means he's probably got the strength portion of their program down.
I'm not trying to be argumentative either and that's a good point... My problem with him is that I went back and watched him in a couple of regular season games along with the Bowl game and from what I saw the of him he'll get eaten alive against a Big Ten Defensive Line if he doesn't get stronger, quicker, and learns better leverage technique...

The good news is he still has his RS Year available (which means he can take it and still be available for 4 games next Fall)... Unless he has an injury that precludes it, there's no reason he can't still get stronger and perhaps even quicker, while putting on another 5-7 pounds, (more time with Bostad should solve his technique issues)..., in my opinion... 2025 is when he could Really help us at G/C...

I'm not trying to be argumentative either and that's a good point... My problem with him is that I went back and watched him in a couple of regular season games along with the Bowl game and from what I saw the of him he'll get eaten alive against a Big Ten Defensive Line if he doesn't get stronger, quicker, and learns better leverage technique...

The good news is he still has his RS Year available (which means he can take it and still be available for 4 games next Fall)... Unless he has an injury that precludes it, there's no reason he can't still get stronger and perhaps even quicker, while putting on another 5-7 pounds, (more time with Bostad should solve his technique issues)..., in my opinion... 2025 is when he could Really help us at G/C...

I just don't think they brought him in to sit and redshirt this year.

I just don't think they brought him in to sit and redshirt this year.
He's gonna get his butt kicked out there then when he tries to go against Big Ten Defensive Linemen (unless he makes some Major strides in both strength and technique between now and his first Big Ten game).

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT