ADVERTISEMENT

Lucas to FSU

Now all FSU needs is Bell back as their OC (I know he was just hired at WMU)…but Here’s how this conversation goes:
“now listen coach Norvell, we had this GREAT SCHEME at IU to trick everyone. Instead of getting Jaylin the ball in open space, like real offenses would, I CAME UP WITH THIS ONE MYSELF!!! See here, we run the little guy BETWEEN THE TACKLES!!! He’s so small, I figure he’ll get lost in there and when he squirts through, he’ll be off to the races!!! Brilliant, don’t you think coach Norvell???

CLICK, phone gets hung up on other end.

For any of those upset that Cignetti didn't bring him back: He was recently quoted in an F$U publication that his goal always was to someday be able to play alongside his brother (a WR there)... Based on that statement, it's my impression that he wasn't coming back no matter what the circumstances here at INDIANA if a Florida $tate scholarship was made available to him...

For any of those upset that Cignetti didn't bring him back: He was recently quoted in an F$U publication that his goal always was to someday be able to play alongside his brother (a WR there)... Based on that statement, it's my impression that he wasn't coming back no matter what the circumstances here at INDIANA if a Florida $tate scholarship was made available to him...
Lucas was one the best players on a bad team. He was used incorrectly and I don't blame him for wanting a different situation. Did C3 try to bring him back to be used differently?

Lucas was one the best players on a bad team. He was used incorrectly and I don't blame him for wanting a different situation. Did C3 try to bring him back to be used differently?
Unknown... All I can tell you is that Cignetti has continued the tradition of a long line of INDIANA Football Coaches by not calling me and asking for my guidance on the topic... 😉

Cut him loose and spend that scholarship on a Lineman...

So..., maybe Cignetti has an edge none of our previous Coaches have had... In addition to being a smart, confident Winner with a plan, he's prescient too... (but he only got a partial reading)...
I agree with you a 100%. I think the kid is a great athlete and a great kick off returner. But honestly if he keeps running the ball. And I don't care where he runs the ball up the middle around the end. It doesn't matter. He's gonna get hurt at his size at this level.( Im surprised he didn't get hurt this year)I saw them interview him yesterday. And they were asking him what position Florida State thought he would play and he said special teams. Then he came back and said also a little bit in the slot. A little bit at running back. So it looks like to me that he's going to be the Kick off return guy. Anyway wish him the very best!.

I agree with you a 100%. I think the kid is a great athlete and a great kick off returner. But honestly if he keeps running the ball. And I don't care where he runs the ball up the middle around the end. It doesn't matter. He's gonna get hurt at his size at this level.( Im surprised he didn't get hurt this year)I saw them interview him yesterday. And they were asking him what position Florida State thought he would play and he said special teams. Then he came back and said also a little bit in the slot. A little bit at running back. So it looks like to me that he's going to be the Kick off return guy. Anyway wish him the very best!.
Yep. It’s actually a damn shame we never realized he should be in the slot. We’ve had quite a few smaller, quicker athletes that excelled as slot receivers and/or gadget play guys. Shane Wynn, J-Shun Harris, and others my brain can’t come up with fit the bill.

Unknown... All I can tell you is that Cignetti has continued the tradition of a long line of INDIANA Football Coaches by not calling me and asking for my guidance on the topic... 😉
We have a chance!

j/k :D

Lucas could be valuable as a returner. Kicks or punts.

He had a bit of a slump for us, but seemed to be regaining his confidence late in the season.

Coach Cignetti has brought in a couple guys with good punt return skills. Not sure about speed for kickoff returns.

Thanks for being a Hoosier Jaylin. I hope you bust one to win a big game next year!

Last edited:
I hope he does well and coaches there don't take his shake and bake running away from him the way IU did.
I never saw any shake and bake even on kick returns. I always said he track guy playing football. Never saw any wiggle from him. I never saw him make anyone miss. Not even when did get him the ball on the outside. Just my opinion. But I guess we will see.

I never saw any shake and bake even on kick returns. I always said he track guy playing football. Never saw any wiggle from him. I never saw him make anyone miss. Not even when did get him the ball on the outside. Just my opinion. But I guess we will see.
Agreed The only way he made guys miss was when he had time to turn and run sideways away from and then around them with speed.

Reactions: red hornet
I hope he does well and coaches there don't take his shake and bake running away from him the way IU did.

Lucas is a special teams guy and a wrinkle slot guy (although he’s not really a WR). He had some great kickoff returns and then some real duds. I remember some where he took the ball out and didn’t get back to the 20.
Knowing our luck, he’ll be a Heisman finalist next year.

Reactions: 76-1, ekk and DANC
.....and we can see the piss-poor results because of it.

If only they'd learn......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT