ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

Ooof. Checo chokes in Q1 and hits the wall. At this point he probably isn’t worth the merch sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankTGucker
Ooof. Checo chokes in Q1 and hits the wall. At this point he probably isn’t worth the merch sales.

I'll be amazed if he's in that seat next year. Heck, they may toss him out this season. I imagine it depends on who they ultimately want to fill that seat. If they wanted Sainz, for example, they'd probably let Perez ride this out until the end of the season. If they wanted Ricciardo, they might do it earlier.

Yea. It’s untenable. He’s costing them the constructors and slipping to 2nd is $10M in prize money alone, which has to offset quite a bit of the merch and sponsors.

McLaren has closed the gap, and Mercedes is starting to as well. Max may not win next year if he is fighting at the front alone.

Checo has lost it. I’ve never been a race car driver (duh) but losing confidence/slumping driving a twitchy car you need to take the proverbial “limit” is not good. Sort of like the yips in golf perhaps.

I hope it’s Carlos — for me the most interesting pick since he is the best available.

I hope it’s Carlos — for me the most interesting pick since he is the best available.

Well, there is a reason that he hasn't signed yet with Williams/Alpine/Audi. He's obviously waiting to see how something else shakes out. And that something else is either Red Bull or Mercedes.

The drama of a Max/Carlos pairing would be entertaining. Not sure Red Bull wants that. Sainz isn't a guy to play a #2 role.

Well, there is a reason that he hasn't signed yet with Williams/Alpine/Audi. He's obviously waiting to see how something else shakes out. And that something else is either Red Bull or Mercedes.

The drama of a Max/Carlos pairing would be entertaining. Not sure Red Bull wants that. Sainz isn't a guy to play a #2 role.
Maybe that’s what RB needs. I feel like Sainz wouldn’t completely crumble into pieces like all of Max’s other teammates

Maybe that’s what RB needs. I feel like Sainz wouldn’t completely crumble into pieces like all of Max’s other teammates
Perhaps. But Max seems to be quite unhappy, and of course Mercedes is courting him. I doubt that Max wants Carlos there. Would Red Bull want to risk pushing Max over the edge to Mercedes?

I’d guess Max has to sign off on the #2.

I haven’t read much about what Max thinks on this matter. I doubt Carlos could challenge him on track. But yes he won’t be a subservient teammate. Is it worth the improvement?

If he goes to Mercedes he has to deal with George, a driver that will definitely challenge him in a car George is more familiar with.

I don’t know the answer. I can never figure out driver moves. The more drama and chaos the better as far as I’m concerned.

McLaren screwed Oscar (again). Ridiculous.

Edit: Nevermind! I don’t know for sure but McLaren seemed to screw up a fair race b/t their drivers. I doubt Lewis was a threat and if they pit Oscar first he probably comes out with a three second lead and I’m not sure Lando gets around him on this tight track, but they both could have raced as usual and decided it. Good drama though.

Max needs to get a grip. Jfc that was stupid and risked a chunk of his championship lead.

Last edited:
McLaren screwed Oscar (again). Ridiculous.

Edit: Nevermind! I don’t know for sure but McLaren seemed to screw up a fair race b/t their drivers. I doubt Lewis was a threat and if they pit Oscar first he probably comes out with a three second lead and I’m not sure Lando gets around him on this tight track, but they both could have raced as usual and decided it. Good drama though.

Max needs to get a grip. Jfc that was stupid and risked a chunk of his championship lead.
Good to see Oscar get the W. Norris has become very unlikeable to me.

Max ran a very immature race. There seems to be some major underlying issues at RBR. Would not be surprised to see them blow up the whole thing this offseason. The way things are going, Max leaving wouldn’t be shocking.

It would be hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics Merc fans would go through with Max to Merc and Lewis to Ferrari

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Good to see Oscar get the W. Norris has become very unlikeable to me.

Max ran a very immature race. There seems to be some major underlying issues at RBR. Would not be surprised to see them blow up the whole thing this offseason. The way things are going, Max leaving wouldn’t be shocking.

It would be hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics Merc fans would go through with Max to Merc and Lewis to Ferrari
Yea. I like Max’s skills, and great F1 drivers are all chippy, but he was bad today. Just no awareness of the bigger picture and was getting unprofessional. In fairness to him their strategy was bad.

Edit: There is a decent case to give the win to Lando for the team. Idk it’s a tricky one.

Last edited:
Ocon confirmed to Haas.

beus1e1raned1.jpeg

Sainz to Williams. Obviously a tough break for him, and interesting he passed on Audi, may be a bad sign for the whole Audi project.

Sainz to Williams. Obviously a tough break for him, and interesting he passed on Audi, may be a bad sign for the whole Audi project.
So, the 9th place team, with all of 4 points this year.

Maybe they can reach double digits next year, but Sainz deserves better.

4 years at $100 Mil per if the rumors are true. If so and it gets Alonzo back in the hunt for wins it will be incredible
Would have to think the Merc engine + Newey = something competitive at the front in ‘26. And Lance is probably going to take up a seat lol.

Lawrence is a competitive guy — he’s really pushing to improve.

Edit: AM goes to Honda in ‘26.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT