ADVERTISEMENT

F1 - 2024 Season

I know nothing about the contracts but all things being equal you would have to. George is a top 10 driver but hasn’t looked like the future world champion Merc had hoped for.

Toto to George:

snipes.jpg

Reactions: FrankTGucker
So a dumb question regarding Red Bull’s “upgrades”.

Why can’t they just revert back to the car they had at the beginning of the season? Has the car actually gotten slower over the course of the season? Have the McLarens and Mercs superseded what RBR was running back in March/April?

That's OK. Lando is a twat. I think it's hilarious that Piastri is just giving him the finger.
He’s got a pretty big problem in that all the drivers know he is soft, and getting bullied by nice guy teammate Piastri is the last thing he needed. Now the media are starting to get on him.

Last edited:
So a dumb question regarding Red Bull’s “upgrades”.

Why can’t they just revert back to the car they had at the beginning of the season? Has the car actually gotten slower over the course of the season? Have the McLarens and Mercs superseded what RBR was running back in March/April?
I try to figure this out and it’s tricky to understand. My understanding fwiw, obviously may be wrong:

It’s tough to tell with year over year lap times due to variables, but other cars are flat out faster now. RBR can’t run their old car and win.

It seems Adrian has the gift to design a ground effect car, and on top of that also understand driver feedback for track by track setup and the development path. Once he left, RBR got it a little wrong and got a little off the right path and it snowballed on them. Their shepherd is not around to guide them back and they’re lost.

Last edited:
He’s got a pretty big problem in that all the drivers know he is soft, and getting bullied by nice guy teammate Piastri is the last thing he needed. Now the media are starting to get on him.

I'm not sure that Piastri is a nice guy, from a sporting perspective. I think Piastri is willing to do as much as he can to insure that Lando doesn't win a WDC this season. Lando winning the title would solidify Piastri as the other guy, the wingman. He's suddenly Bottas. I sense that Piastri wants nothing to do with that and he'll take the fight to Norris as hard as he's allowed, and maybe a bit more. He has a calm demeanor and seems mild mannered, but I think the guy is really a shark. He fsckin' drove past Norris on lap 1! I don't know what Papaya Rules are specifically, but I'll bet Oscar would happily ignore them.

I'm starting to like Oscar.

• Love
Reactions: FrankTGucker
I'm not sure that Piastri is a nice guy, from a sporting perspective. I think Piastri is willing to do as much as he can to insure that Lando doesn't win a WDC this season. Lando winning the title would solidify Piastri as the other guy, the wingman. He's suddenly Bottas. I sense that Piastri wants nothing to do with that and he'll take the fight to Norris as hard as he's allowed, and maybe a bit more. He has a calm demeanor and seems mild mannered, but I think the guy is really a shark. He fsckin' drove past Norris on lap 1! I don't know what Papaya Rules are specifically, but I'll bet Oscar would happily ignore them.

I'm starting to like Oscar.
Piastri is a quiet killer. Going back to his I won’t be driving for Alpine tweet. The elbows out move in the chicane showed enormous stones. His quote Sunday about Stroll acting like it was his first time carting was gold. My second favorite driver after ALO.

If I’m Max I wait to see who gets the new car right in 2026 and then go there.

Exception would be if he sees something bad internally at RB such that they’re sort of permanently impaired and he may as well get out.

I’m surprised Toto couldn’t land Adrian. Mercedes are huge op with a lot of talented people. Get Adrian that helps a lot with Max. Yet Adrian is going to Lawrence’s comparatively crap organization? Huge whiff from Toto.

If I’m Max I wait to see who gets the new car right in 2026 and then go there.

Exception would be if he sees something bad internally at RB such that they’re sort of permanently impaired and he may as well get out.

I’m surprised Toto couldn’t land Adrian. Mercedes are huge op with a lot of talented people. Get Adrian that helps a lot with Max. Yet Adrian is going to Lawrence’s comparatively crap organization? Huge whiff from Toto.
I’m guessing Newey got some equity on top of his huge salary. Rumor is AM has been doling out equity to employees to avoid the cost cap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT