ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition vs Tennessee

Sport Basketball GIF

• Haha
Reactions: GThomas
Agreed. I like IU playing tough. Hard to tell about much from game. I think Galloway and Tiller would add a lot today

This game is like a tournament game very physical. We do need improve shooting but Tenn plays defense, I love rice, Ballo needs some more off moves but love his rebounds. Galloway may replace Carlyle but he is not afraid to shoot.

Reactions: namnik
IU won 66-62. Tough physical game. More positives than negatives. We shot ball decent in the second half. This was a Galloway type of game. He would have created steals etc and had a few breakaways off steal.
Tenn is usually a very good defensive team,so I'm glad there was improvement from 1st half to 2nd. It's an exhibition, so it doesn't mean much but it will help team confidence.

channel 4, adjust your antenna should be able to pick it up
Built a new house in rural So In. in 1985. Splurged for a rotating antenna. BARELY able to make out the players on the floor. Watched the game today in digital and fast forwarded through commercials. I would have really preferred Chuck and John on the call though.

Reactions: larsIU
Casual observations having watched the video one time:
1. We won a tough game on the road vs a tough program.
2. Rice is very impressive.
3. We need to work on our inbound plays and press break.
4. We need to hit the open outside shots we are generating in both halves.
5. Rice is very impressive…..but we don’t have quality depth at his position.
A good start, for sure.

Was at the game today. Crowd was announced at around 14K. Had to have been 500 IU fans. Maybe more. I was wondering if they were from the area or drove down from Indiana. This was my third time to see IU in person. It is always a thrill to see a tradition like Indiana Basketball in person.

Casual observations having watched the video one time:
1. We won a tough game on the road vs a tough program.
2. Rice is very impressive.
3. We need to work on our inbound plays and press break.
4. We need to hit the open outside shots we are generating in both halves.
5. Rice is very impressive…..but we don’t have quality depth at his position.
A good start, for sure.
Shame this game doesent count! Would look really good on the Ncaa resume.

Reactions: stollcpa and kkott
We still suck shooting Rice is very good Balo was not good and slow Mgbako and Reneau were good Carlyle was OK nothing special. Still worried about our shooting we still miss free throws and still turn the ball over alot.

We still suck shooting Rice is very good Balo was not good and slow Mgbako and Reneau were good Carlyle was OK nothing special. Still worried about our shooting we still miss free throws and still turn the ball over alot.
You just described a Woodson coached team.

Ballo was not good? Why, because he didn't score? Controls the paint, contests shots, rugged and gets boards and a great screener. Not worried about him at all. Don't worry, he's going to have plenty of games where he gets second chance points and then maybe you'll think "he's good". He's very good.

They went 12-15 from the line. 13 to's.....but also 9 steals. You are pathetic

Reactions: hozo4ultimate
It felt like Ballo was uncomfortable on sets where he was so far out away from the basket. At times it looked like we were trying to run Ware stuff for him. I'm not convinced that he and Reneau can be on the floor together more than 10 mpg. He is a beast on the boards though.

It felt like Ballo was uncomfortable on sets where he was so far out away from the basket. At times it looked like we were trying to run Ware stuff for him. I'm not convinced that he and Reneau can be on the floor together more than 10 mpg. He is a beast on the boards though.
I'm not convinced they should be on the floor together much more than 10 mpg, but we know CMW likes his posts and they are probably going to be. But, Ballo is a good screener in P&R and I think knows his limitations handling the ball away from the basket. It was a first game with lots of new pieces and overall I thought was great to go into a good teams gym and get a win. We got a win vs a very solid opponent, so I hope everyone just takes a breath. It's not a finished product, but we still got a win with a horrid start as far as shooting and TOs, and they righted the ship on both those counts in the 2nd half. We also were without 2 guys who I think are going to get good minutes in Galloway and Tucker... and still holding out hope that Newton will play and contribute. Goode's not going 0-fer very often, so with a few issues, we still got a W and played much better in the 2nd half. I think that's progress.

Reactions: LifelongIU77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT