ADVERTISEMENT

Elanor Roosevelt

"The Guild has [weighed in against its own members] by exploiting provisions in U.S. labor law that protect workers who voice concerns about workplace 'safety'- and which help unions force out those who 'harm' that safety."
So safetyism trumps labor solidarity?
What a morass.

Reactions: Spartans9312
What a morass.
The 150-plus group of activist NY Times employees demands an apology from Donald McNeil *to them* for a word he was punished for saying to high school students in Peru in 2019. They get it, he's forced out. Meanwhile key agitator (Hannah-Jones) tweets phone number of young journalist with the Free Beacon; no apologies.

lol. You put a bunch of journalism majors in the same place and this is what you get.

Journalism actually used to be a more blue collar profession. Young hard nosed kids from working class backgrounds looking to hold power to account and get the truth to the masses. It wasn’t a glamorous profession.

It has been co-opted by a bunch of whiny, woke, Ivy Leaguers who are more interested in furthering their world view (because they know better) than reporting the news. And hob knobbing with the rich and powerful of their same political persuasion.

Not surprising but this piece on Slate Star Codex & controversy is much better than the NYT piece

Wow, no wonder they published that letter in Harper's!
Money quote: “Really? Since the year 2000, the Times has published “the N-word” 247 times.”

Evidently the New York Times needs to fire itself, several times over.

I never did understand why politically correct people thought it was OK to say “N-word” instead of the word it’s representing.

Last edited:
So McNeil “used bad judgment by repeating a racist slur in the context of a conversation about racist language" and the Times "disciplined" him as a result.

I wonder what exactly that entailed.

Never hire a Woke Millennial
"The cowardice on display among the leadership of NYT is being mirrored across a range of institutions in the US today, where it often seems like the loudest and most incendiary staff can bully everyone else into submission"

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

Never hire a Woke Millennial
"The cowardice on display among the leadership of NYT is being mirrored across a range of institutions in the US today, where it often seems like the loudest and most incendiary staff can bully everyone else into submission"
Who is the woke in this story?

The student who complained about the reporter using a racial slur or the NY Times for firing the reporter? Or who?

Originally I understood woke to mean someone sensitive to racial slurs. More recently it includes those in authority who bully folks guilty of not being sensitive to racial remarks and actions.

Set me straight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT