ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Harper to Rutgers

And they do about Fairyana? It is the 2020s and Booby has been gone for decades Get over it and kneel down to your daddy! Indiana basketball no longer matters in the sports world. Ugh we know that is hard to to take, sorry!!!
Come back when you guys are relevant enough to have even 1 top 20 non-conference TV game on your schedule.

Hell most players today think that of IU.
I had a major donor once say to me..Indiana isn't a sexy pick anymore .
Hence the last 21 years of what we've been..
Having PU the #1 ranked team three years running (and maybe more if Edey returns for his Covid year) doesn't draw recognition to Hoosier haystacks hidden in no-wheres-ville south-central Indiana. Kids are more into a metropolitan mind-mold of what-can-you-do-for-me today in the brighter lights of a splash and dash performance.

That said, "Damn, that pisses me off-I thought Woody had him!" Now, watch us get jilted at the altar by Queen.

Last edited:
I really hope Rutgers plays at IU next season (this is the first time I have ever thought of Rutgers other than the time I went to a game at that depressing dump they call a stadium). Would be fun to hear our students ”greet” Harper.

Did you guys somehow forget that Rutgers has completely owned Indiana in Football and Basketball?

Dylan completely trolled your sorry @sses.

Can’t wait to see another Harper carry his balls across your court hahaha
Ron averaged 14 pts across 3 games at Bloomington...hardly memorable. Rutgers has 8 NCAA appearances and I'm guessing 8 "made the NCAA" banners in their basketball outbuilding.

"Owned" us in football after losing 5 straight that included 2 shutouts. Campus building architecture that looks like a prison colony compared to IUs limestone.

Any kid who chooses Rutgers over IU just dropped his BB IQ by 20 points IMO. The best this kid could do is try to Antoine Davis himself into the pros if he's at Rutgers and he's not going to average 26ppg in the B10.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Congrats to Rutgers on landing Harper. Harper is an awesome player and I'm certain he will elevate the Rutgers team. Thanks for coming to this board to show the Rutgers true class: the same way you answer any non-Hoosier sports fan who asks you when has Rutgers won anything on the national level . . . "Well, we've beaten Indiana x number of time so . . . there's that". Meanwhile (no matter how dusty the banners) IU has multiple championships in basketball and soccer alone.

Congrats to Rutgers on landing Harper. Harper is an awesome player and I'm certain he will elevate the Rutgers team. Thanks for coming to this board to show the Rutgers true class: the same way you answer any non-Hoosier sports fan who asks you when has Rutgers won anything on the national level . . . "Well, we've beaten Indiana x number of time so . . . there's that". Meanwhile (no matter how dusty the banners) IU has multiple championships in basketball and soccer alone.
Well they did have that fencing championship in ‘49. For those Purdue grads lurking fencing is not what you think it is.

You know how many teams have come along, had a run against us, and then want to be our girlfriend. We're just not that into you.
You guys are our new Syracuse.
They claim to not care about us but they have a million page thread on their page.
It suck’s losing 8 of 10 to us. We know

Last edited:
They claim to not care about us but they have a million page thread on their page.

2 pages is a million? And half the comments are from Rutgers fans who think this is rubbing it in. We knew Harper wasn't coming here for awhile, which is why his announcement was an afterthought.

Enjoy your run against us, it happens in leagues all the time. At this point you all are Illinois without the accomplishments.

Does Rutgers even have a board to troll? Genuinely asking.

I watched IU pistol whip Rutgers in the 76 Final Four in person and honestly forgot Rutgers had a basketball program until 3-4 years ago.

Does Rutgers even have a board to troll? Genuinely asking.

I watched IU pistol whip Rutgers in the 76 Final Four in person and honestly forgot Rutgers had a basketball program until 3-4 years ago.
Wow, II beat RU in 76? You must have been smoking the good stuff. RU got beat, but not by IN

And, you're still Rutgers ... also known nationally as "who".,,, generally followed by ... "Oh... *snicker*" ...

Your fans are attention whores, your players are attention whores, your coach sucks, his brand of thug basketball is boring AF and an affront to the game ...

Enjoy your one year attention whore .... when it all shakes out, you'll still be Rutgers.

*snicker*

Last edited:
This is hilarious that now Buttgers fans are over here trying to seek validation. They will never be relevant.

I'm just glad this time the IU fan base and KU's fan base even didnt fall for their "look at me" day just for numbers & clicks. Best of luck to him, he is a terrific talent. But... Rutgers lol.
Likely a ‘one and done’ via an NBA league or portal.

Maybe if the Hoosiers didnt lose to Rutgers basketball so many times, like 9 of the last 10 games or something, and Ron Harper Jr didnt drag his balls across the face of Indiana at Assembly Hall when he shot the hoosiers straight out of Senior day, Dylan would have seriously considered bloomington

Maybe if the Hoosiers didnt lose to Rutgers basketball so many times, like 9 of the last 10 games or something, and Ron Harper Jr didnt drag his balls across the face of Indiana at Assembly Hall when he shot the hoosiers straight out of Senior day, Dylan would have seriously considered bloomington
Yeah that’s it….🤦🏻 Is this original material? 5th grade lunch table stuff.

Here's why Rutgers is an afterthought. Since they were inexplicably asked to join the conference in 2013, they've had ONE team that has won a conference title: Women's Soccer in 2021. They've had no program win a national title in any of the current participant sports, nor have they been remotely a contender for any, aside from their '76 semifinal basketball team. Their athletic department is in the red by $250 million even with the influx of Big 10 TV money. Their vaunted basketball team these trolls are bragging about has made the tournament EIGHT times in their history. To put that in perspective, IU in their slump period post-Knight has still made it three more times than that.

These ass clowns in here piping off are coming off an NIT flameout and a split with IU last season, and are trending toward being near the bottom of the conference again this year, if we're dealing in the present. They play in a high school gym that makes Northwestern's facilities look big time, while the other 12 schools play in big boy arenas. They're a complete joke on the national scene. The average sports fan couldn't tell you what state they're in. The fact that any of them are in here crowing about landing the younger brother of a former player is laughably pathetic.

He’s on the Rutgers board too. Douche.

Cryerofthenightmare:

It’s a dynamic unlike any other fan base in the Big Ten - football or basketball - and it’s frankly sad. People in Indiana (including Purdue fans) are so painfully unaware of how inaccurate their self-perception instate is. They live in a bubble but scream at their neighbors to accept their delusional world view as fact, lol.

Do you think ANYONE in Illinois thinks of Indiana high school basketball as ultra special? No. We have our own better tradition, including being the homeland of the term “March Madness” for our state tournament.

Think anyone in Michigan thinks of IU as a Blue Blood to be revered? No. Both of their programs have been miles better than IU for three decades … that’s like twice the life span of younger recruits, lmao.

Think anyone in Wisconsin thinks Bloomington, IN is anything other than a random college town while they have Madison? Think anyone in Ohio sees Indy as anything other than another Cincinnati? I could go on.

They all just babble to each other in the state so many times that they all start to eventually believe the sad lie that they’re special. Every state should have pride, but Indiana is easily the one with the least self awareness.

Can you smell your own sh!t over your halitosis? @fighterofthenightman?

I don't even know what that means. Is that some kind of burn? Is Syracuse a big rival of yours or do you consider Syracuse like a little brother?

I don't know anything about Rutgers other than IU plays them occasionally. LOL

And, for the record, I don't think anyone thought Harper was coming here. It was mentioned that he was just trolling IU on Twitter days ago. By all means, though, keep up the insults and get it out of your system. You just need to provide more context, though, to make them count.

Rutgers just isn't one of our rivals and most IU fans just don't know anything about your program, I'm afraid...

I don't even know what that means. Is that some kind of burn? Is Syracuse a big rival of yours or do you consider Syracuse like a little brother?

I don't know anything about Rutgers other than IU plays them occasionally. LOL

And, for the record, I don't think anyone thought Harper was coming here. It was mentioned that he was just trolling IU on Twitter days ago. By all means, though, keep up the insults and get it out of your system. You just need to provide more context, though, to make them count.

Rutgers just isn't one of our rivals and most IU fans just don't know anything about your program, I'm afraid...
This is wrong, sometimes reading twitter and other places I wonder if Indiana fans consider Rutgers a bigger rival than Purdue. I could understand it though, I think the Hoosiers have a similar record against both in the past 10 years

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
This is wrong, sometimes reading twitter and other places I wonder if Indiana fans consider Rutgers a bigger rival than Purdue. I could understand it though, I think the Hoosiers have a similar record against both in the past 10 years
Lmao. Twitter? Seriously? It’s full of trolls, attention seakers(much like you guys/Harpers) and fake/cloned accounts. You are most certainly not a bigger rival🤣😂😂I’ll tell you something we have that you don’t in those ten years…2 conference championships and 2 sweet 16’s. You guys barely exist to us. Good grief….but hey…you have those wins. 🤦🏻🤦🏻

Here's why Rutgers is an afterthought. Since they were inexplicably asked to join the conference in 2013, they've had ONE team that has won a conference title: Women's Soccer in 2021. They've had no program win a national title in any of the current participant sports, nor have they been remotely a contender for any, aside from their '76 semifinal basketball team. Their athletic department is in the red by $250 million even with the influx of Big 10 TV money. Their vaunted basketball team these trolls are bragging about has made the tournament EIGHT times in their history. To put that in perspective, IU in their slump period post-Knight has still made it three more times than that.

These ass clowns in here piping off are coming off an NIT flameout and a split with IU last season, and are trending toward being near the bottom of the conference again this year, if we're dealing in the present. They play in a high school gym that makes Northwestern's facilities look big time, while the other 12 schools play in big boy arenas. They're a complete joke on the national scene. The average sports fan couldn't tell you what state they're in. The fact that any of them are in here crowing about landing the younger brother of a former player is laughably pathetic.
It is still better than living in Indiana.

It is still better than living in Indiana.
jimmy fallon television GIF

Reactions: Spartans9312
The way I was able to rationalize my disappointment in losing Harper to Rutgers occurred on a napkin diagram in Burger King while waiting for someone to bring out my Whopper. It went something like this: Mike Woodson wanted to please his friend, Ron Harper, by offering his son, Dylan, a scholarship. It was an outside chance, but worth a try. As a reciprocal courtesy, Ron encouraged his son to give IU a shot by visiting here. Dylan did so to please his dad, knowing all along it was more of a courtesy visit and that he would ultimately please his dad the most by playing for dad’s alma mater.

Somehow, I was able to make my pencil diagram go full circle in logical sense. This allowed me to be able to walk away from Burger King not only fully sated, but more accepting in the knowledge it was probably going to be Rutgers all along.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT